Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No sagas AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Heroic Elite offered me 15 000 renown for our guild of about 8 people. Perhaps 7 at that time. I took the 46k xp instead.

Uhm...someone in guild chat claimed that he knew someone who capped using the saga thingy in 2 hours or so. Didn't go into details as to how it was done, but perhaps that bug is why they were closed. I can't verify that as true, mind you. Just that a person told me that.
    oh lol

i thought that could check if: completing saga w/o turning in the quests would allow u to take the saga as completed again

shame on me because didn't try, and did the gh saga twice XD 46k xp or 15k renown as interesting rewards

the strange thing is that voice and xp shrine were affecting the token

sadly i was very happy with the inclusion of saga, no more gh sides grind, went from 15 capped to 16 capped with gh saga once + rest of 13's once
    from 16 capped to 17 capped with saga(with daily bonus on quests cause was next day) + necro 4 tour with really few repetitions

lol had to take the 2nd token at 17 because was already capped

and no, wasn't using xp pots

this life lasted 8 days, so nothing i would care less XD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Again and again and again and again and again...

It seems.

:/
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    I dont understand your logic here, if something that adversely effects the game the way this did, then it dhould get fixed regardless if anybody exploited the sagas. The wsy this sounded like it was not an exploit to brgan with.
    at my work we had a honour candy box, a simple cardboard box where you put money in a little holder everytime you took stuff out

we had it for 10 yrs,the vendor would drop by every month replace candy and get his money,it was never short

we hired a new individual at the company and suddenly the box started being short every month which led to the vendor removing it

just because there is potential to cheat a system doesnt mean that people will cheat,many will consider the impact of thier selfish behavoir on others

but it only takes 1 person to screw it up for everyone,people here on the forums like to blame the system maker for creating an imperfect system ie one that people can find ways to cheat

but its not the system makers fault,its the cheaters fault.... because no system is cheat proof...many are cheat resistant but that resistance comes from an evolution of the system from original vulnerable versions

the removal of sagas was precipitated by cheaters, jerry pretty much confirmed this is in the thread closure statement and there are people on other sites bragging about how much they cheated

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    at my work we had a honour candy box, a simple cardboard box where you put money in a little holder everytime you took stuff out

we had it for 10 yrs,the vendor would drop by every month replace candy and get his money,it was never short

we hired a new individual at the company and suddenly the box started being short every month which led to the vendor removing it

just because there is potential to cheat a system doesnt mean that people will cheat,many will consider the impact of thier selfish behavoir on others

but it only takes 1 person to screw it up for everyone,people here on the forums like to blame the system maker for creating an imperfect system ie one that people can find ways to cheat

but its not the system makers fault,its the cheaters fault.... because no system is cheat proof...many are cheat resistant but that resistance comes from an evolution of the system from original vulnerable versions

the removal of sagas was precipitated by cheaters, jerry pretty much confirmed this is in the thread closure statement and there are people on other sites bragging about how much they cheated
    I hope you had a chat with that cheating employee.

Of course, if someone didn't like the new person, they could just take candy from the honor bar...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Heroic Elite offered me 15 000 renown for our guild of about 8 people. Perhaps 7 at that time. I took the 46k xp instead.

Uhm...someone in guild chat claimed that he knew someone who capped using the saga thingy in 2 hours or so. Didn't go into details as to how it was done, but perhaps that bug is why they were closed. I can't verify that as true, mind you. Just that a person told me that.
    At a guess, I would say what you do is line up all of your Saga rewards but don't claim them. TR and flip across to Eveningstar, with a 50% pot running, plus 10% from VIP, a ML 1 Master's Gift item on for 5%, and 5% Ship Buffs.

1. Claim True Elite Saga rewards to get you up to level 8, as close to it as possible
    2. Chomp down a stone of experience to get you up to level 18
    3. Claim more True Elite Saga rewards to get you up to 20

I can't see how that would take 2 hours though. Maybe 10 minutes because you need to level up.

I've not TR'd with Saga reward unclaimed, so can't say whether they persist or not through TRing.

Not sure if that would count as an exploit or not, technically you've earned the True Elite XP rewards, you're just being a bit selective in when you claim them. You've still had to earn the EE completions, but you've opted to take the benefit from it in your next life. So is it an exploit?

The biggest XP gain is coming from your store bought 50% XP pot and your store bought stone of experience.

Community Member

Well you can thank the thread that the OP claimed that he seen an unknown guild level from 70 and then 1 hour later to 80. All of a sudden sagas were closed and that is likely not even what happened. Perhaps what the OP had seen was....
    - XXX guild has achieved level 80
    - Someone had left guild or they booted a member that had a small amount of renown penalty and they lwent back to level 79.
    - XXX guild has achieved level 80 again 1 hour later

I certainly hope devs tested or received numerous reports before they closed the sagas and just did not do this based on a thread that claimed there was an exploit out there (which should never had been posted to begin with).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post

And those that don't, usually weight personal risk vs. reward. As long as the result of cheating is short term personal gain, and long term no penalty, there's really nothing to prevent cheating for the selfish people.

If the cheaters were actually penalized, be it ban, removal of account, exp reset or whatever, it would mean less people would actively try to find loopholes to get themselves ahead. Any game of this complexity will have abuses to find, but as long as the punishment for finding and abusing them is an 'atta boy' pat in the back with removal of the content for everybody else, it just encourages those individuals. Sure, they could lose few accounts (the cheaters in question, probably not others), but general happiness with the game admins would be higher, with a positive net result I'm sure. That of course would need public records of this, such as 'Sagas closed, because several players found a way to abuse them in vaguely this or that way. The gains were removed and the guilty parties received a months vacation from the game'. Or whatever is deemed appropriate. Sure, some evildoers might get away with it, but maybe the next time they might report the problem instead of abusing it (assuming of course that bug reporting worked and resulted in anything, currently abusing seems to be the only sure way to get things fixed, another problem right there).

That said, the saga thing is pretty much fully on Turbine. Releasing them the first time and somebody finding a problem is understandable, especially considering the poor coding track record of the company. But, the same problem after they spend a long time fixing it, that's just stupid. I wish I had thought to find the abuse and do it, especially as there's really no penalty for that. Probably wouldn't have cheated guild-favor, but free capping of some ED:s sure would have been nice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Well you can thank the thread that the OP claimed that he seen an unknown guild level from 70 and then 1 hour later to 80. All of a sudden sagas were closed and that is likely not even what happened. Perhaps what the OP had seen was....
    - XXX guild has achieved level 80
    - Someone had left guild or they booted a member that had a small amount of renown penalty and they lwent back to level 79.
    - XXX guild has achieved level 80 again 1 hour later

I certainly hope devs tested or received numerous reports before they closed the sagas and just did not do this based on a thread that claimed there was an exploit out there (which should never had been posted to begin with).
    Or maybe they GMs checked global announcements per servers and saw 70 to 80 in 45 minutes?

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Let me guess, this and all fixes like my broken cannith challenge bow can wait until U20.

Oh well, GTA 5 here I come.
    You know GTA 5 is bugged too?

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    You know GTA 5 is bugged too?
    But gta 5 is 1 week old.
    DDO is 7 years and still cant fix bugs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    At a guess, I would say what you do is line up all of your Saga rewards but don't claim them. TR and flip across to Eveningstar, with a 50% pot running, plus 10% from VIP, a ML 1 Master's Gift item on for 5%, and 5% Ship Buffs.

1. Claim True Elite Saga rewards to get you up to level 8, as close to it as possible
    2. Chomp down a stone of experience to get you up to level 18
    3. Claim more True Elite Saga rewards to get you up to 20

I can't see how that would take 2 hours though. Maybe 10 minutes because you need to level up.

I've not TR'd with Saga reward unclaimed, so can't say whether they persist or not through TRing.

Not sure if that would count as an exploit or not, technically you've earned the True Elite XP rewards, you're just being a bit selective in when you claim them. You've still had to earn the EE completions, but you've opted to take the benefit from it in your next life. So is it an exploit?

The biggest XP gain is coming from your store bought 50% XP pot and your store bought stone of experience.
    TR cleans the completions, and every reincarnation cleans the reward list. A lesser reincarnation will save the completions, so you know what to do when the 20th list doesn't have the item you are hunting. But a veteran player like you probably knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    But gta 5 is 1 week old.
    DDO is 7 years and still cant fix bugs.
    to be fair gta to an mmo is apples to oranges, however it's pretty sad that they apparently closed saga's fixed an xp exploit, but then left the same thing in for guild renown from the things I'm hearing. That makes me shake my head.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I hope you had a chat with that cheating employee.

Of course, if someone didn't like the new person, they could just take candy from the honor bar...
    But it's the same thing. Whether it was the new person just taking candy, or someone not liking him and deciding they had a right to jeopardize his ability to get along with the rest of the staff and therefor potentially his ability to make a living and have a job because they didn't like him, the rest of the staff suffered for the actions of one, as well as the vender who was also just trying to make a living selling candy. Although I'd find it sorta bizarre that dude had nothing better to do than try to ruin a new guys rep with the candy. LOL I don't think I would have connected the candy with a person I don't like in that way.

I like Turbine's 'candy'. It entertains me, gives me something to do when it's winter out and my cold-reactive asthma makes going outside for more than the time it takes to get into the car as fast as possible dangerous to me, and has introduced me to nice people to enjoy the 'candy' with. Could the candy be improved? Of course. There is NOTHING in the world, including people, that can't be improved. However, it doesn't make the candy bad, and stealing the candy from the box without the money (actually doing the quests each time if that is the actaul exploit that killed it) just hurt the rest of us who wanted some candy and were willing to come by it honestly.

And this conversation has given me a crazy desire for a Twix bar.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Saga's need to be hotfixed ASAP. Really no excuse for this Turbine.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    Well, hopefully if we continue to do the quests they are being tracked. I did do Giant Hold Elite about 2 weeks before saga's went live and got credit, so crossing my fingers that anything I continue to do will count. Heroic Elite Giant Hold gave 15K reward, which became 55.8K with guild bonus (14 active accounts) and 20% house cannith pot from ingredient turn-ins.
    Make sure you double check the tracking. A guildie mentioned to me yesterday that when he was working on the sagas in Gianthold he was getting credit for having run the Crucible no credit for having run A Cabal for One before they were eventually taken down. In actuality it was the other way around, he had completed A Cabal for One and not the Crucible.

He then went and ran the Crucible and it gave him the credit for A Cabal of One. He asked the party he was in if anybody else had come across this and they did not. So I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident or not or what level of difficulty he was doing these on. I do know that it came across two of his characters, one was working on the Heroic Saga of Gianthold while the other was working on the Epic Saga of Gianthold.

Community Member ShotByBothSides's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Saga's need to be hotfixed ASAP. Really no excuse for this Turbine.
    Absolutely agree, but make sure it works, so not too hot!

This is another sad and embarrassing (should be) episode demonstrating the paucity of Turbine's testing and QA.

I think they have now got into the habit of chucking stuff out of the door as cheaply as possible and relying on the community to just put up with it.

Well I for one have spent less on DDO this last year that the previous 6, I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by ShotByBothSides View Post
    Absolutely agree, but make sure it works, so not too hot!

This is another sad and embarrassing (should be) episode demonstrating the paucity of Turbine's testing and QA.

I think they have now got into the habit of chucking stuff out of the door as cheaply as possible and relying on the community to just put up with it.

Well I for one have spent less on DDO this last year that the previous 6, I wonder why?
    You're right, careful what I ask for.

Turbine, fix Saga's as soon as you are able to actually CONFIRM (insert taped audience laughter) that the issues are fixed... and please, please, please... don't nerf.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Just something little from personal experience... I was doing the Underdark Saga on EH while they were closed the first time with the idea to bypass "Belly" as a VIP... Well it didn't work, it tracked all the quests while sagas were down but when they opened them I tried to go pick up reward and it didn't let me skip "Belly", had to complete it, even though I definitely did not skip any (neither as VIP nor with shards), I simply did not have the chance to, since they were down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123