Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No sagas AGAIN?

Community Member

another shining example of how exploiters actions directly effect others

I have to admit that I am bummed by this...

My leveling group just finished running all the Level 13 quests on Heroic Elite last night and were going to be starting Level 14 Quests tonight and maybe finish the Gianthold Saga to see what we could get legitimately.

To me what I liked about the whole SAGA angle was that it was an incentive program to run more of the content and not just the same 3 quests (<- exaggerating here).

Turbine, I realize something went wrong, I don't need details, just let us know when it will be back so that the rest of us can also enjoy this system you created.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    just let us know when it will be back
    Got that covered for ya... "Soon"TM
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Thumbs down

Disappointment, if there only would be a stronger word...
    AKA Mathrom
    Therhy//Ajey//Darvanan//Eustahy//Giaur
    I am a human whether you like it or not

Seriously?! Again?!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    OT question

when it calculates the total is it

reward * small size multi * renown potion

or

reward * renown potion + ((reward * size multi)-reward)

or something else I haven't thought of
    Well, luckily I haven't swapped characters and this was still in my history.

(Guild: Your guild has earned 20,000 renown. (5,000 base + 15,000 very small guild bonus!)

No pot going or anything. I had just completed one saga and was reviewing the quests I needed to complete the next one when they were taken down. It is a solo guild, with 5 alt accounts. I had the last two days off work and since sagas returned was working on them. I turned in three sagas over the last two days, leaving one to go, taking the renown each time. Those increases, plus the usual questing renown netting me from guild level 48 (pretty fresh into it) to 48.5 over last two days. Heh, and I was feeling pretty proud of that rate of increase.

Whenever they do come back, I'll try it with a renown pot to see if that has any effect on it.

Edit, not sure how the smiley face got in there, was a direct copy/paste. /shrug
    Last edited by Braegan; 09-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot-1 View Post
    Well since the Topic about a Maybe guild gaining 10 levels in a very short time was closed.. Then we get Saga's closed looks very odd. But as Usual Turbine will never give a Real answer to the Question.. We get the shaft..
    I think it's safe to say they are most likely related.

If the saga rewards were broken but provided no benefit to the player, they would have left them open and suggested a in-game solution (GM's can fix the counts for you! Like they did with the raid counter debacle! *sigh*) that in the end never really would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    From what I can see ya'll can thank some fellow players for going out of their way to exploit and dupe extra rewards again. So now we all lose them.
    I don't understand. Was something being exploited?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I was just about to accept the reward for my first saga. If this is related to that "other" thread, then how much freakin' renown were they giving out?
    The 3 I did on EH all had 7500 renown as rewards. I think I heard some reports of up to 15K for EE.

Well, hopefully if we continue to do the quests they are being tracked. I did do Giant Hold Elite about 2 weeks before saga's went live and got credit, so crossing my fingers that anything I continue to do will count. Heroic Elite Giant Hold gave 15K reward, which became 55.8K with guild bonus (14 active accounts) and 20% house cannith pot from ingredient turn-ins.
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives
    Seyeder 20 Barbarian (Current Project, 7 Past Lives)

So once again, because Turbine failed to properly test their bug-fixes to make sure that yes they did completely fix the problem, the players have to suffer. And once again, Turbine looks grossly incompetent.

Between sagas being borked and Mabar coming out soon, I might as well find something else to play for the next month. Because nobody will run anything remotely interesting during that time.

I guess getting sagas to work is turning into a real saga... am right?

*gets booed off-stage*

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post

*gets booed off-stage*
    hahaha +1
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    another shining example of how exploiters actions directly effect others
    I dont understand your logic here, if something that adversely effects the game the way this did, then it dhould get fixed regardless if anybody exploited the sagas. The wsy this sounded like it was not an exploit to brgan with.
    Member of Mythical

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    From what I can see ya'll can thank some fellow players for going out of their way to exploit and dupe extra rewards again. So now we all lose them.
    No, I"m pretty sure who we can thank is the Turbine devs for repeatedly releasing buggy content. Someone there has clearly never heard "measure twice, cut once".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyshara View Post
    hahaha +1
    Don't encourage him... :P
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post

*gets booed off-stage*
    ba-dum-TSHH!

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    The 3 I did on EH all had 7500 renown as rewards. I think I heard some reports of up to 15K for EE.
    Heroic Elite offered me 15 000 renown for our guild of about 8 people. Perhaps 7 at that time. I took the 46k xp instead.

Uhm...someone in guild chat claimed that he knew someone who capped using the saga thingy in 2 hours or so. Didn't go into details as to how it was done, but perhaps that bug is why they were closed. I can't verify that as true, mind you. Just that a person told me that.

Let me guess, this and all fixes like my broken cannith challenge bow can wait until U20.

Oh well, GTA 5 here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Let me guess, this and all fixes like my broken cannith challenge bow can wait until U20.

Oh well, GTA 5 here I come.
    And also like the named items from the epic level Shadowfail quests. Both Wheloon and Stormhorns epic quests are giving heroic ML named loot from their end lists. So, until they fix this, it is impossible to get items like the Dex 9 Doublestrike 8% bracers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast