Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quests I would like to thank turbine for, and want more of.

Hi I have been slowly leveling on of my characters by running every quest in the book at the max level for bravery bonus. So I have been getting reminded of some of the best quests in DDO, and wanted to take the time to thank those who brought them about, whether or not they are still at turbine.

At the top of my list is storming the beaches. It is a quest that has several of my favorite things. You can sneak in and take the objectives with minimal fighting, or you can storm the castle and destroy everything and everyone. I love quests like this and another of my favorites is similar: framework.

Next on my list is Blockade Buster. Again it is sneakable, but you can also board and storm the ships. It also has giant explosions. Irestone inlet gets an honorable mention here for it's giant explosion. Speaking of giant explosions...

Undermine and Blown to Bits are great fun. Explosives in my hands, minefields, Explosives, Iron Firebomber, Explosives, giant explosions whenever I want, Explosives... more quests need these important qualities.

Tempest Spine and Stealer of Souls are another two of my favorite runs. I love running through them... can't quite say why, but they just hit the spot every time.

The last one I would like to thank the you all for is likely going to get me crucified here of the forums. The Faithful Departed. It is awesome. The Faithful Departed takes tactics. Each of the major encounters needs to be approached with some plan in mind, and I love it. That quality needs to be in many many more quests. I am not talking about requiring X number of people to simultaneously pull levers or press buttons, that is lame. It is not a tactic, and it isn't one because all it is is following the only option. The quality I want to see is that of players needing to go in with a plan that they made, and many plans could work, but if they don't their chances of failure are high. If the only plan is the one the devs designed, then it falls short of this quality. I think weapons shipment is similar to this as well.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Hi I have been slowly leveling on of my characters by running every quest in the book at the max level for bravery bonus. So I have been getting reminded of some of the best quests in DDO, and wanted to take the time to thank those who brought them about, whether or not they are still at turbine.

At the top of my list is storming the beaches. It is a quest that has several of my favorite things. You can sneak in and take the objectives with minimal fighting, or you can storm the castle and destroy everything and everyone. I love quests like this and another of my favorites is similar: framework.

Next on my list is Blockade Buster. Again it is sneakable, but you can also board and storm the ships. It also has giant explosions. Irestone inlet gets an honerable mention here for it's giant explosion. Speaking of giant explosions...

Undermine and Blown to Bits are great fun. Explosives in my hands, minefields, Explosives, Iron Firebomber, Explosives, giant explosions whenever I want, Explosives... more quests need these important qualities.

Tempest Spine and Stealer of Souls are another two of my favorite runs. I love running through them... can't quite say why, but they just hit the spot every time.

The last one I would like to thank the you all for is likely going to get me crucified here of the forums. The Faithful Departed. It is awesome. The Faithful Departed takes tactics. Each of the major encounters needs to be approached with some plan in mind, and I love it. That quality needs to be in many many more quests. I am not talking about requiring X number of people to simultaneously pull levers or press buttons, that is lame. It is not a tactic, and it isn't one because all it is is following the only option. The quality I want to see is that of players needing to go in with a plan that they made, and many plans could work, but if they don't their chances of failure are high. If the only plan is the one the devs designed, then it falls short of this quality. I think weapons shipment is similar to this as well.
    You are at work and bored, aren't you? Well, so am I.

Great list.

I like a great diversity of quests, including many that people hate, like Rainbow in the Dark, Coal Chamber, and Tomb of the Tormented. All of these quests just have something that makes them a little different and unique.

The worst type of quest (IMO): Those that have you running down a single tunnel or path with hardly any room for deviation, and fighting a bunch of mini battles. The low level ones aren't so bad because they are over quickly (like Walk the Butchers Path). The higher level quests are much more annoying. Detour from the High Road is absolutely dull. Lord of Stones is the absolute worst.

I want a Coyle/Sleeping Dust style quest where you have to protect Devs and the community guys from angry forumites and forum trolls while they constantly try to get themselves killed.

I agree with the OP's list. What I really liked about the Lordsmarch Plaza chain was how the first chain is free, and the second half is P2P. that lets free players join in and makes them want to buy it to continue playing.

My own personal list would probably also include quests like The Snitch because its clever. Partycrashers because it has multi ways to complete based on party and character. And all of the Xoriat themed quests (The taken series, the Sleeping Spell inn quests), because Xoriat is just awesome (and they are always unusual quests).
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post

Next on my list is Blockade Buster. Again it is sneakable, but you can also board and storm the ships. It also has giant explosions. Irestone inlet gets an honerable mention here for it's giant explosion. Speaking of giant explosions...

The Lordmarch series of quests are among my favorites. It can be really challenging in higher difficulties and you can make some really interesting weapons. Pity that while they're interesting the boat kind of sailed on specialty items a long time ago.

I also like the Missing chain in the Harbor, excellent level 15 quests and a real challenge (end quest) on hard. And Reign of Madness - not the most challenging quests but certainly as nutty as they come.

The great thing about these 3 chains is that you don't really run them for loot. Maybe the Quiver or maybe one or two weapon from Lordmarch. And Reign of Madness only offer armor that is eclipsed by both Dragontouch and GH dragon armor. But I still love running them. They have a feeling of discovery and they never make me feel like I'm going through the motions like with the Epic Harper quests. I'd love for Turbine to conclude the Lordmarch series with a confrontation with the hag on their turf. That would make for an excellent epic chain or maybe even raid.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    You are at work and bored, aren't you? Well, so am I.

Great list.
    Lol, how could you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    The worst type of quest (IMO): Those that have you running down a single tunnel or path with hardly any room for deviation, and fighting a bunch of mini battles. The low level ones aren't so bad because they are over quickly (like Walk the Butchers Path). The higher level quests are much more annoying. Detour from the High Road is absolutely dull. Lord of Stones is the absolute worst.
    I really don't like anything on the high road. I seriously dislike anything from the forgotten realms, so the quests would have to be flawless and perfect for me to not dislike them. They are not flawless and perfect.

Linear quests I am nuetral towards, but lords of stone I actually like for one reason: I Like the contest between me and red dungeon alert as I zerg through it. That contest is a lot of fun to me. Not even a contender for my favorite quests though. I am good with any linear quest that can be zerged. When they do a linear quest that you have to stop and fight the mobs for the door to magically unlock itself to continue is when I think linear quests fail.

Non-linear quests are fun weather you stop and smell the flowers or scream, "I AM A ZERJGING GOD!" as you complete 30 seconds after you enter. Quests that are non-linear and you can do either of those in as you please are the best. That is why I like Storming the Beaches so much. It kind of ****es me off that they made every single other quest in it's pack epic, but not that one.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The Lordmarch series of quests are among my favorites. It can be really challenging in higher difficulties and you can make some really interesting weapons. Pity that while they're interesting the boat kind of sailed on specialty items a long time ago.

I also like the Missing chain in the Harbor, excellent level 15 quests and a real challenge (end quest) on hard. And Reign of Madness - not the most challenging quests but certainly as nutty as they come.

The great thing about these 3 chains is that you don't really run them for loot. Maybe the Quiver or maybe one or two weapon from Lordmarch. And Reign of Madness only offer armor that is eclipsed by both Dragontouch and GH dragon armor. But I still love running them. They have a feeling of discovery and they never make me feel like I'm going through the motions like with the Epic Harper quests. I'd love for Turbine to conclude the Lordmarch series with a confrontation with the hag on their turf. That would make for an excellent epic chain or maybe even raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    My own personal list would probably also include quests like The Snitch because its clever. Partycrashers because it has multi ways to complete based on party and character. And all of the Xoriat themed quests (The taken series, the Sleeping Spell inn quests), because Xoriat is just awesome (and they are always unusual quests).
    I really liked the lordmark chains, and the two Xoriat chains. Xoriat is just entertaining, and not a bit serious. Eye remember when meye friends and Eye ran through the second xoriat chain, we mad a lot of puns. Eye thought those eyeballs were hilarious. Eye have never laughed so hard just questing. Eye can only hope they will not neglect Xoriat in the future. Eye would be very disappointed not to see any more floating eyes.
    Matt Walsh:

Not a fan of Lordsmarch, but I do like the final quests in each chain. I don't know why I don't care for the others other than it doesn't peak my interest. When I first started playing DDO, my first favorite quest was Tempest Spine. I couldn't get enough of it and joined every group I saw on the lfm even after getting no xp. I love SOS too. I used to run it as often as I saw groups for it on the lfm even after completing my DT armor. At the time I thought it was the most challenging quest in DDO. I still like most of the pre-MOTU quests because it felt more D&D like when I would run them. I used to hate when I had to level because I just wanted to keep running those same quests over and over. Those were good times in a better era of the game.

You know, a lot of people really bash 3BC, but it has a couple of quests that I immediately enjoyed when I first played them.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    You know, a lot of people really bash 3BC, but it has a couple of quests that I immediately enjoyed when I first played them.
    I always liked many of those quests too. I thought most of the 3bc bashing was due to the lack of named loot it used to have. Now it has some nice shinies.
    Matt Walsh:

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Pity that while they're interesting the boat kind of sailed on specialty items a long time ago.
    One of the worst things they have done in this game is take away from the customizing of loot. Greensteel, Alchemical, Dragontouched, Lordsmark Weapons, Xoriat Armors: all awesome. Everything in the expansions: generic, everyone's is the same, with a variation of one ability score or one other stat.

I could go on, and on about this, but I will leave that for another thread.
    Matt Walsh:

I like the Pit, the Xoriat chains and the trial quest from 3BC.

Hm, some of my favorite quests...

Rainbow in the Dark
    This is by far my favorite quest in the whole game. Needing a light source as you creep around a pitch-black dungeon, with mobs, pits, and other things slowly fading in out of the darkness brought back major dungeon-crawl feelings from pen and paper. I would love to see more "dark" dungeons where you need a source of light. Bring back the Light spell!

Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt
    The whole Catacombs story arc is pretty cool, and I like the little "twist" ending, though the fourth quest in the chain (Dryden's Crypt) brings my enjoyment down -- WAY too many mobs to clean out for an otherwise simple mission. Setting the Wards, though, is a great quest. Fleeing from Marguerite as she chases you up the tunnels has brought some really intense moments, especially back in the day running it with poorly-built lowbies. My paladin, way back when, managed to yank open the last lever to open the door just as she got hit and knocked to -3, and the wraith stared at me for a moment before drifting off. I sat there at the screen going "Nooo, c'mon, stabilize stabilize!" Survived at -8, got up, and limped out of the dungeon. Was a great time.

Attack on Stormreach chain
    This chain is lots of fun. I like the quests, I like the idea that there's an entire nation of monstrous humanoids out there coveting Stormreach. I'd love to see more adventures set up against them. Maybe going over into Droam itself to do to them what they tried to do to us.

In the Flesh
    It's a little silly, but also a bit creepy with the mind flayer chattering away at you as you move through the dungeon. The end fight can definitely be a challenge on elite if you're doing it at-level, and quite often people will get really upset when someone uses a summon or a pet, which can cause all sorts of fun.

Prove Your Worth
    I love quests with lots of traps. I'm a trapper by nature, and most of my characters have at least a splash of rogue to deal with them. So this quest was a lot of fun for me. Dodging flame jets, jumping around over blades and disarming the traps, figuring out puzzles, climbing ladders and leaping to other ladders, etc.

Stealthy Repossession
    Lots of people hate this quest, but I really enjoy it. I like that it requires stealth and dodging mobs rather than just plowing your way through it. Invisibility, stealth and hold/charm are a lot of fun in this quest. Especially when you start getting near the end and more and more kobolds start noticing you and charging after you in a gigantic yapping mob. Backing into a corner with 30+ kobolds trying to gnaw your liver out is fun.

There are a lot more that I like, but those are probably my favorites. I'd definitely love to see more quests like Rainbow, though. C'mon devs! I want to stumble around in the darkness dreading the next shambling monster looming out of the darkness towards me.

Chronoscope - continuing the plot from the devil invasion. Having a lowbie and epic version of it.

Vision of Destruction - as well as the the slayer zone The Subterrane.

VON 5

Tempest Spine

Cool I hope this newby gets read by you young pepoles ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    I think the origins of my liking were, to me; This was the theatre of my imagination, and I love role playing. told my daughter I met her mother playing ad&d 1 in 1993. Friends used to come over my house to play TSR and drink, n chant DAMN THE COMPUTER GOT A VIRUS!

So listen up from paper rolled characters, to self drawn characters and all the dice n modifier calculus: to daily or weekly pics of in game fantasmal creative art.

I love to seek a specific monster I hear of, and seek him out in any relm or plain of existence, luckfully get a critical hit and stab it in the heart, and hope it has rage and hate to get a piece of the action!! I love to see the monsters wicked powers in action fearing 10 spells in fractions of seconds, forget refresh rates when it came to gods in game!! OUCH.

18 or so years later, I'm playing a jigsaw puzle, and flipping light switches, but the colors, and vast beauty of the created environment, love again. See I spent rolls of quarters in arcades, and always got fun and enjoyment out of the first colors to ever hit a screen. 32 million colors later, I see imagination can be set free, and has yet to be programmed.

EVIL GOOD< NEUTRAL WITH DIFFERENT OUTCOMES< wanted, but the appeal is to me virtual reality is the same motion sickness a s a boat or car. I go slow every where. Love the game, cheeeeers all. More unique monsters to be sought and seen. WHERE IS MY KRAKEN IN 3DD Animation, and
    to turn around in a jungle hearing capuchin monkeys and have 8 -9 panthers pawing at me is Fun except for I want a capppucin on my shoulde r to freak out, an NPC that says hey buddy we have disturbed the grass here lets stop for some fur coats! ROLE PLAY

Community Member

My favorite quests would be:

The Pit. Have to put this as #1. I absolutely love it. On all characters that I level I generally just repeat The Pit over and over solo, to level from 6 to 8.

Stormcleave Outpost. It was my 1st favorite quest and now sits solidly at #2. Always enjoy that quest.

The Tear Of Dhakaan. Just plain fun.

I enjoy a great many other quests but these 3 still stand out as my favorites.

gen point
    sins
    wiz king
    adq1

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I love these in this order

1. Stormcleave
    2. Von 5
    3. Von 4
    4. Von 3
    5. Von 1
    6. Von 2
    7. Delera's 2
    8. Delera's 4
    9. The Shroud(dont really care about green steel)
    10. Rainbow in the dark(first quest to have Gelantinous cubes and require a light source true classic dnd)

there are others I like but thats my top 10

Beware the Sleepeater

Rainbow in the Dark
    This is by far my favorite quest in the whole game. Needing a light source as you creep around a pitch-black dungeon, with mobs, pits, and other things slowly fading in out of the darkness brought back major dungeon-crawl feelings from pen and paper. I would love to see more "dark" dungeons where you need a source of light. Bring back the Light spell!
    Please no, the thought of having to hold a light source in your hand is pretty scary to my monk.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Rainbow in the Dark
    This is one of my favorites as well. I like to run around in the dark without the light and see what happens. It can be really hilarious when "and suddenly, a trap!", or my personal favorite part of the quest, doing the beholder optional with someone who's never ran it before, and right before you run into the beholder turn off the light and hang back and just LOL at the chaos that ensues.

Other personal favorites include;

Both Madness chains. These are just comedy gold, and I wish there was more of this in DDO.

SOS. It's just awesome fun, and Sorjek on elite at level was, and still is gnarly. No other word for it.

TOR. This has always been my favorite quest in the entire game, and even when I don't need scales/loot I have averaged at least 3 runs a week since I first ran in back in '10. I've never gotten tired of it, and soloing it on Elite at level, or EE is some of the most fun I've ever had in DDO.

Tempest Spine. Awesome raid, awesome loot, awesome fun, high chaos factor when run with noobs. Turbine did this right, and there should be more like it.

All the old raids were just awesome. Titan, VOD, HOX, TOD, Shroud, Revers... Never a dull moment.
    CITW, and FOT get an honorable mention because they can be fun, and interesting; it's sad though that Turbine seems to have lost the ability to make some truly awesome and interesting raids.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Okay I wanna play! Here are some quests I love.

Delirium/Acute Delirium - HIGHLY imaginative, fun quests. Not the run of the mill dungeon anywhere. I look forward to running through them, even as insanely hard as Acute Delirum can be at level for bb, because there is a lot of laughter and crazy things going on. And who doesn't love Hambies and Clambies? Or the puzzles fighting back?

Shroud - It's fun, it has something for everyone (puzzles, beat downs, group coordinations) and I usually have a blast in there with groups. I know it's older than dirt, but I like it.

Dead Predators - I suspicion I just love the name of this one, it's not really a standout, but it's my favorite low level quest.

Tempest Spine - Like shroud old and people can do it in their sleep, but it's great fun! I think fun doesn't get old, even if the quest does!

Offering of Blood - I like the frenetic pace and 'keep moving' mentality.

Everything in Motu other than CITW - these quests are just plain fun to me in general. The raid is the unfun, sure, but the rest of it is awesome. Belly of the beast and Don't drink the water are particularly hilarious!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast