Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default Phiarlan Pendant of Time

    Can this be changed to a permanent effect on equip, rather than a clicky? Seems to make more sense that way, with the way its used...or is it something to do with the public-instance-only restriction that prevents it, technically, from working as a permanent effect?

  2. #2
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.

  3. #3
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.
    Agreed.
    53461

  4. #4
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.
    Can haz this please?
    It's definitely an N-word.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.
    Not a bad idea either - as long as it also persists through TR, like the physical Pendant does.

  6. #6
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    I would like to see this permanent too, but VIPs not too long ago got an extra 10% public run speed. Imagine the outcry of VIPs getting shafted again, unless it stacked.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.
    That assumes everyone wants the speed. I know for a fact that everyone does not. So no to your suggestion. Now, if for some reason using the pendant is just too much darn work (do we have a rolley eyes smiley here), I suppose a TR-persistent toggle could work.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    That assumes everyone wants the speed. I know for a fact that everyone does not. So no to your suggestion. Now, if for some reason using the pendant is just too much darn work (do we have a rolley eyes smiley here), I suppose a TR-persistent toggle could work.
    Not just that its "too much work", sarcastically....its also two hotbar slots, one for the Pendant and one for your normal trinket. Its also the ~5 seconds it takes to switch to the Pendant, complete the ironically long animation, and then switch back. Lastly, and most importantly, its the fact that there's only one charge...so if you, for example, go to any non-public instance like an Adventure Zone, you'll lose your buff, and you'll have to rest to recover it, which again defeats its raison d'etre as a time-saver.

    Also, why would you want to run more slowly in town? I can see, maybe, why you wouldnt want a runspeed buff in some quests, but I cannot think of one valid reason (not just being crotchety) why anyone would be opposed to faster runspeed in public areas.

  9. #9
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Not just that its "too much work", sarcastically....its also two hotbar slots, one for the Pendant and one for your normal trinket. Its also the ~5 seconds it takes to switch to the Pendant, complete the ironically long animation, and then switch back. Lastly, and most importantly, its the fact that there's only one charge...so if you, for example, go to any non-public instance like an Adventure Zone, you'll lose your buff, and you'll have to rest to recover it, which again defeats its raison d'etre as a time-saver.

    Also, why would you want to run more slowly in town? I can see, maybe, why you wouldnt want a runspeed buff in some quests, but I cannot think of one valid reason (not just being crotchety) why anyone would be opposed to faster runspeed in public areas.
    I don't understand why ppl would want to run slower, but I'll grant them the benefit of the doubt. I'll let the devs figure out how to please both camps. As for having to rest to recharge, that was recently changed. It now has a 30 (or something like that) recharge time, so in that at least it's better than it was.

    edit: oh wait, no. it was the spider mask that they made recharge, so ignore that part... sry.
    Last edited by BOgre; 09-25-2013 at 07:20 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member PNGameAcct's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    83

    Default

    /signed, as long as it persists through TRs.

    And while we're at it - how about letting bag slots and bank slots persist through TR as well? Sure, I'm gonna farm Coin Lords and House K to death anyway, but it would be really nice to have all those slots waiting for me when I step off the boat in the Harbor

  11. #11
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Not just that its "too much work", sarcastically....its also two hotbar slots, one for the Pendant and one for your normal trinket. Its also the ~5 seconds it takes to switch to the Pendant, complete the ironically long animation, and then switch back. Lastly, and most importantly, its the fact that there's only one charge...so if you, for example, go to any non-public instance like an Adventure Zone, you'll lose your buff, and you'll have to rest to recover it, which again defeats its raison d'etre as a time-saver.

    Also, why would you want to run more slowly in town? I can see, maybe, why you wouldnt want a runspeed buff in some quests, but I cannot think of one valid reason (not just being crotchety) why anyone would be opposed to faster runspeed in public areas.
    this kind of thing pops up from time to time. 5 seconds to switch to the pendant and cast it is really not that long. I dont even hot bar it because by 9-11 I stop using it when I put on my striders. in the low levels, the furthest you have to run from a guild ship door to a quest or from a teleporter in one of the houses to a quest is at most 1 minute. in high levels its pretty much the same thing unless you run to Eveningstar, but I cant believe anyone would complain because you were 5 seconds too slow.

    im fine with permanent fast run speed through favor or something, even though my awesome VIP 10% extra run speed in public places perc would be useless, but people its only 5 seconds. I mean really.

  12. #12
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Actually, it should be changed to function like the Blessing of the Silver Flame. Once earned the effect is permanent in public areas WITHOUT ever equipping the item again. Earn the Favor, done.
    +1
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  13. #13
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    im fine with permanent fast run speed through favor or something, even though my awesome VIP 10% extra run speed in public places perc would be useless, but people its only 5 seconds. I mean really.
    it is very annoying if you have a hp or sp trinket
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    it is very annoying if you have a hp or sp trinket
    Also, changing back doesn't always stick. Have to waste even more time checking and rechecking that I've actually got the voice back in the slot.

    Is it a lot of time? No. But it's annoying, and would definitely fall under the Quality of Life thingy we were promised.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  15. #15
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    With regards to the wanting to NOT run faster: I know at least one person who doesn't like to use the Phiarlan pendant on her monks because they already run so darn fast; that extra boost over her striders is just enough to make her have a hard time cornering. (That said, I suspect if she spent more time, she'd have no problems).

    I'd like the Pendant to be permanent, and persist through TR - although we all know it wouldn't - and I believe it already stacks with the VIP boost, but that's just a personal opinion that has no basis from testing or anything like that. Fine, make it a toggle if you wish; make it a PERMANENT toggle that doesn't need clicking every time you log on. It'll save a few seconds every time I get out of a quest (either because of not needing to hit the pendant and switch back to my regular trinket, or from running because I decided I was too lazy to hit the pendant), it'll save an inventory spot. And even though most of my characters tend to have a lot of extra inventory... it never hurts to have more.

    Of course, this is all a pipe dream; I'd much rather they spend time on actual problems rather than something that actually works.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  16. #16
    Community Member Saravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Also, changing back doesn't always stick. Have to waste even more time checking and rechecking that I've actually got the voice back in the slot.

    Is it a lot of time? No. But it's annoying, and would definitely fall under the Quality of Life thingy we were promised.
    Its the worst with that archmagi ioun stone at low level, you swap to your pendant to get to a quest faster, but then you have to wait for your SP to finish regenning or go in without a full bar; its counterproductive.

  17. #17
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    it is very annoying if you have a hp or sp trinket
    I would assume you wear the Mantle of the Worldshaper instead of the VOM than?

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I would assume you wear the Mantle of the Worldshaper instead of the VOM than?
    Or you just switch to Voice right before the quest completes, when it doesn't matter if you lose HP/SP because you're about to get rested anyway when you Finish...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload