Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I just saw a global announcement for a guild I never heard of reach 70. Less than an hour later I saw an announcement for the same guild reaching 80. With the ransack penalties this doesn't seem possible without some exploit.

I checked the "who" tab and only one person was on.
    Could it have been a Dev.
    They were on last night playing Mabar on live servers..
    I am sure they could have "cheated" themselves up guild levels to give themselves ship buffs.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Could it have been a Dev.
    They were on last night playing Mabar on live servers..
    I am sure they could have "cheated" themselves up guild levels to give themselves ship buffs.
    90% of the time Dev's run anonymous mode.. But would be nice to know the guild name and server.. As the renown cap puts a limit of 3 Guild levels per day..
    Last edited by Sleepsalot-1; 09-25-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fixed my bad typing

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Renown.
    *renoun*

;P

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I've never looked, but can you buy renown in the DDO store, or is it just elixers?

I'm a renown machine and that is mostly what I take for end rewards (unless something I can use) and I always grab the chest renown. Its taken a long while to get from L50 to 55 even with decay turned off and I'm only on 52. Other guild stuck at L45.
    Not sure if you can buy renown directly, but you can skip quest in sagas with shards (if I read correctly), which will indirectly get you renown.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Any chance it was two different guilds with very similar names? My first guild had a name that was very close to another guild on the server, close enough that it wasn't unusual for me to get occasional tells from people who thought I was in the other guild.
    That's what you get for calling your guild The Betty Swollocks

There is our answer

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ly-Unavailable

Figures I actually started doing them now that I figured they had them fixed.

As always, if you are aware of the details of an exploit, or wish to alert someone at Turbine about a possible exploit, the way to do it is to PM one of us rather than post about it on the forums. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12