Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Is there a guild renown exploit?

I just saw a global announcement for a guild I never heard of reach 70. Less than an hour later I saw an announcement for the same guild reaching 80. With the ransack penalties this doesn't seem possible without some exploit.

I checked the "who" tab and only one person was on.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

That does sound odd. How many players are in this guild?

Community Member

I do not know, but when they hit 80 I checked the "who" tab and there was only one person on at the time.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Does seem suspicious, even with a tiny guild getting huge a bonus to renown earned it would be hard. Maybe if one person did a lot of quests on several characters without turning them in, then taking renown when offered on each character they would quickly grab a few levels. Seems like a lot of effort, and probably wouldn't give 10+ levels.

They possibly could have turned in several saga rewards at once. Still seems odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Does seem suspicious, even with a tiny guild getting huge a bonus to renown earned it would be hard. Maybe if one person did a lot of quests on several characters without turning them in, then taking renown when offered on each character they would quickly grab a few levels. Seems like a lot of effort, and probably wouldn't give 10+ levels.
    At low level? Maybe but 70 to 80 requires roughly 8.5 Million renown.

It's certainly odd
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I do not know, but when they hit 80 I checked the "who" tab and there was only one person on at the time.
    I could see this happening with one account in the guild, and that person multi-boxing several alts at the same time. Especially with the sagas giving relatively large guild renown rewards, renown boost pots, etc.

Also, I think guild renown decay is currently turned off, so only a matter of time before somebody tried this.

I recall sometime ago someone leveled a new guild to 100 in about 2-3 weeks using the above strategy. Youtube videos and all.

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...es#post4737225

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    Renown ransack has been increased. Previously when a guild earned levels in a day, it would gradually reduce the renown drop rates. We’ve increased the rate so that a guild can only earn roughly 3 levels in a single day. This should prevent large guilds from completely dominating the field in terms of levels per-day.

Did you report it?

What Server was this on?

Community Member

I just saw a global announcement for a guild I never heard of reach 70. Less than an hour later I saw an announcement for the same guild reaching 80. With the ransack penalties this doesn't seem possible without some exploit.

This does seem odd, and there's no exploit that I can think of. Not even sure what such an exploit would look like. My first thought is that you perhaps misread an announcement. I don't really know.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default I've never looked.

I've never looked, but can you buy renown in the DDO store, or is it just elixers?

I'm a renown machine and that is mostly what I take for end rewards (unless something I can use) and I always grab the chest renown. Its taken a long while to get from L50 to 55 even with decay turned off and I'm only on 52. Other guild stuck at L45.
    Last edited by Livmo; 09-25-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: OK fixed reknown. Still feel mispelled, but hey I'm a bad speller anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by livmo View Post
    i've never looked, but can' t you buy reknow in the ddo store, or is it just elixers?

I'm a reknown machine and that is mostly what i take for end rewards (unless something i can use) and i always grab the chest reknown. Its taken a long while to get from l50 to 55 even with decay turned off and i'm only on 52. Other guild stuck at l45.
    Renown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I've never looked, but can' t you buy reknow in the DDO store, or is it just elixers?

I'm a reknown machine and that is mostly what I take for end rewards (unless something I can use) and I always grab the chest reknown. Its taken a long while to get from L50 to 55 even with decay turned off and I'm only on 52. Other guild stuck at L45.
    Yeah. I'm in an incredibly active guild in the low 90s, and it takes us around three days to get one rank. There is no real way to get from 70-80 in an hour's time. The amount of renown you need just isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I've never looked, but can' t you buy reknow in the DDO store
    not yet don't give them ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Sort of. You can buy renown boost pots.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Tensor's box! Go from Guild level 20 to 80 only 7000 TP! Includes several gold seal amenities plus an exclusive ship color! But now!

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Tensor's box! Go from Guild level 20 to 80 only 7000 TP! Includes several gold seal amenities plus an exclusive ship color! But now!
    but I don't want a box yet want my ship to be pus green too, it's not fair, DooooOOOOOOoooooMMMMM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    They possibly could have turned in several saga rewards at once. Still seems odd though.
    yeah thats what I thought when I first saw this thread title.

ug unless theres a some bug with the saga renown rewards that can be exploited? maybe the newest one or something just after an update being broken.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 09-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Any chance it was two different guilds with very similar names? My first guild had a name that was very close to another guild on the server, close enough that it wasn't unusual for me to get occasional tells from people who thought I was in the other guild.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast