Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    halflings can be clerics, throwing halfling clerics is even better than regular halflings.
    Yeah but you want to do some damage to the enemy, yep your really going to hurt them throwing small cushions..........Horcs/wf/ or even worse blade forged on the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,might need a catapult for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Nope, its a melee move, however certain builds can get this to 20% in one shot, and keep it between 15-20% indefinitely.

25% is nowhere near max doublestrike, and offhand attacks proc it also which is why i used the term multistrike to encompass both.
    I had no intention of using the max doublestrike (if I said that I'm sorry I had just woken up) and was using the amount as a general template. Most builds are going to pull right around 20-25% doublestrike if they're focused on Melee anyway so it seemed like a good statistic.

Also, I think I figured up 97% was the highest I could get my doublestrike to go.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I think this is better than making bosses move at turtle speed.
    Meh. What would be better is getting rid of lazy boss immunities and actually designing smart boss encounters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Meh. What would be better is getting rid of lazy boss immunities and actually designing smart boss encounters.
    lol if its one thing turbine has never been known for its good MOB AI. Back in city of heroes, it took all of the first month of the game or so existing for their devs to relize all mobs had to have at least enough range DPS to threaten the best kiters, and never to stay in persistant aoe effects which where used more often afterwards as forms of CC then direct dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I had no intention of using the max doublestrike (if I said that I'm sorry I had just woken up) and was using the amount as a general template. Most builds are going to pull right around 20-25% doublestrike if they're focused on Melee anyway so it seemed like a good statistic.

Also, I think I figured up 97% was the highest I could get my doublestrike to go.
    Any chance for that breakdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Just a heads up, up to +20% damage against anything.

2wf, druid animal forms, monks, maybe acrobats, get it if you can.

Can use divine might as well if you have much charisma, +4 ac ab and damage action boost available also.

From vuln alone a poor multstriker(say 2 hits avg) will do roughly 11% more damage overall, a strong multistrike(4hits on avg) will do roughly 18% more damage.

Edit: fvs works too

So you're saying I should splash more? I thought the EP killed multi-classing!

Angry Love the nick, I wanted . <=dot

Just a heads up, up to +20% damage against anything.

2wf, druid animal forms, monks, maybe acrobats, get it if you can.

Can use divine might as well if you have much charisma, +4 ac ab and damage action boost available also.

From vuln alone a poor multstriker(say 2 hits avg) will do roughly 11% more damage overall, a strong multistrike(4hits on avg) will do roughly 18% more damage.

Edit: fvs works too
    Love the Iddea, check this out, speed modifier, armor weakness spotting, heart seeking weapons, 2 handed, and the character has melee modifiers as a character, as aa rogue and with magic Items, so when surrounded the character pull 2 different twirls, with many many more damage points I'm a sinner, I love damage, but magic is my weakness, often get the damn instant death thing.

Cheers to 2 handed with a radius of hurt.

Red face yeah damn magic: wants of gr8ter level than caster....

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Any sorcerer, once the stack is at max, will never let it fall below max, and they will renew it a lot more often than every 15 seconds.
    DAMN MAGIC rapidity, for me to equip an arow and bow, and nail magic user between the eye's when a damn wand no ingredients, no bla bla casting moves, wide spread (hard to avoid) blinding freeking over leveled for the user hit a melee, grrr ruins my view, gets me backs tabbed and I crisp half my equipment.. Boy rogue seem's to hate magic second to Barbarians: AND SINCE THE GAME REMOVED EONS AGO THIEF, I canot even steel it and give it to the BARBARIAN TO BREIK! mouahaha just suffer in agony over old school AD&D

Community Member

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Any sorcerer, once the stack is at max, will never let it fall below max, and they will renew it a lot more often than every 15 seconds.
    Yeah, vuln is great, on air sorcs or AA. This one is big for melees and unique because it can be an INSTANT +20% more damage, so overall dps is increase drastically compared to a slow vuln buildup, aa can as well, but have to wait for manyshot reset to build fast, so not a huge dps increase on the majority of mobs.

Theres no bad vuln, even 5% flat or a 1% at a time slow buildup to 20 is a massive dps increase in the end.
    Last edited by 01000010; 09-25-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    The first alpha was very weak for multi since it had much much higher ap requirements and that's when people were saying that. Now other than some spell casters there is no reason to ever stay pure.

Aren't there multiple sources of this that kinda do the same thing but under a different name?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

Default kinda

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Aren't there multiple sources of this that kinda do the same thing but under a different name?
    Are there other sources of vuln? Yup. But this is the only one that can stack to 20%(maxed) in one swing.

Heres the difference, lets say a boss has 100k health, and group has 5 damage dealers averaging 1k damage per second, so 5k dps overall.

With an immidiate 20% vuln party dps goes up by 1k damage. Thats 1000 more damage per second.... how quickly vuln is maxed out makes an enormous difference on overall dps, by the time a slow building vuln gets to 20% youve lost 10s of thousands of damage compared to an instant 20% vuln. Additionally less resources are used due to a quicker kill.

Hope i explained it well enough this time, im not gonna explain it further, lol.

Humh, the smite doesnt show the number of stacks though...thats a bit awkward...can only hope it works as it says.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Default have to examine

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Humh, the smite doesnt show the number of stacks though...thats a bit awkward...can only hope it works as it says.
    If you examine the mob you attacked itll show all debuffs, including vuln and number of stacks.

My pure cleric used it last night in the Church and the Cult on the vampire after his wolf pack was dealt with. That's the fastest I've ever seen Adrian go down. It was neat seeing the wavy l'il icon above his head with a nice purple number after. It's weird, though: I tried checking the combat logs after and couldn't tell what was what. *shrug* Whatever: dead is dead, and dead faster is AWESOME.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You realize the guy you're quoting said multiple times that the EP would blow multiclassing wide open? No you didn't? Then why are you making silly accusatory, off topic, non-sequiturs in unrelated threads?

Oh because that's your thing? Well then by all means carry on.
    Last edited by IronClan; 09-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123