Default Issue with Wolf Pet quickbar abilities

I have recently used my LR20 to make myself a Druid AA - but, I have a problem with my pet wolf.
    I can spend all the enhancement points at the trainer, but I cannot drag the 'square' abilities to any of the four boxes so they appear in the quickbar.
    This is working (or at least was when i checked a few days ago) fine on my Arti and his pet.

Am I missing something? Perhaps the abilities are automatic and don't need to be dragged? Can someone confirm if this is WAI or not?

(FYI - I am trying to drag the rank 4 Howl, Rank 4 Feed and the Capstone Howl Ability)
    Eriar Tahlaer AA/Healer ShiC Drd/Rng/Ftr 17/2/1 - Cryme Otta TR B-Eng Arti 11 - Larue K'Dhar SDII Ftr/Pal 16/2
    Koroz PMII Wiz/Rog/Ftr 12/2/1 - Feevin Otta Rog 4

Found in Sai Gon (Orien)

The wolf enhancements such as Rage and Hamstring that have the + next to them that drop down another square icon are the ones that can be dragged to the bottom of his character sheet and then to the hotbar. Feed and Howl are actually not active enhancements despite their square icon.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Thanks for the reply!

Seems odd they are square icons and not the octagonal ones - I'm sure a lot of people have been 'duped' by that!
    Eriar Tahlaer AA/Healer ShiC Drd/Rng/Ftr 17/2/1 - Cryme Otta TR B-Eng Arti 11 - Larue K'Dhar SDII Ftr/Pal 16/2
    Koroz PMII Wiz/Rog/Ftr 12/2/1 - Feevin Otta Rog 4

Found in Sai Gon (Orien)