Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I just feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by shirochan57 View Post
    It is interesting that of all my posts You took that particular sentence.
    You are forgetting about the context.

If Im attacking sth and You come along, you may do that of course. but I may not like it so I may choose to go elsewhere.
    but if You follow and interrupt me again, I change the place again and You follow again, I change instance and You follow me still, I tell You to leave me alone and You dont listen,
    then yes, I would feel harassed
    You know, getting on another account just to support your original post (that started this thread) is not helping you. Just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    You know, getting on another account just to support your original post (that started this thread) is not helping you. Just FYI.
    You think I'm Xaris?
    aw, how sweet

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. lotta emotions runnin high in this one today...

"go kill yourself" is never ever a good joke... and it still shocks me that anyone would seriously think it was. (altho oddly, "DIAF" IS taken as a joke... and is recognized as such.)

Telling a troll to 'die in a fire' is just as bad.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

sorry troll. XD

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I think the mechanic works more or less as follows. First the amount of groups which contributed towards the kill are counted. Each group gets an equal share of the reward, which is then divided among the players of the group. Hence, with a 12 man group and a soloer, the soloer gets 12 times the as high a reward as a person in the group. However, he will not be able to target all mobs so his reward in total will be a bit lower than that. (Probably it's not exactly like this, but at least it works somewhat like this and it is skewed towards the soloer)
    You're way off on how the mechanic works. See my previous post, or multiple posts during last years Mabar on the exact mechanics at work.

Problem with Mabar is everyone thinks they know how it works, and all but a handful of toons actually experimented to figure out exactly how it works. That alone explains the myth of kill-stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by shirochan57 View Post
    You think I'm Xaris?
    aw, how sweet
    Seems pretty obvious based on how you structure your posts, your punctuation, and your choice of words and abbreviations.
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    telling some idiot who grieved his group from instance to instance to go kill himself isn't bullying. It's sound advice and I hope someday xaris becomes a high school counselor because this herd does need to be thinned.
    Wow .... just wow....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    if you ever find your kid being told to ''kill him/her self'' online, then i guess your reaction to your kid would be '' he is dam right, you go kill yourself kid! what were you thinking to go and steal his kills? whats wrong with you? what kind of a monster are you?'' or im overreacting here?

yes i know.. i dont know if he is a 10 year old or a 40 year old.. but i dont really care about it either
    There is no IF in my situation. My kid wouldn't do that because she's been brought up well to be level headed while critically analyzing everything.

It's ridiculous how far you people take this stuff. Not only did he not tell this idiot person to kill his or herself, but on top of it you are all trying to act as though this kid is surely 100% suicidal and about to go over the edge. We're talking about a chance somewhere in the neighborhood of a fraction of a hundredth of a percent. You're more likely to kill yourself and a family of 8 in a car accident 5 times today before this obviously on the edge kid kills himself.

But you don't consider that. You see some silly topic that needs your input, useless input by the way, because you have nothing better to do. Probably the type of person that spouts off about texting and driving while not realizing more people STILL die in a car each year because of eating/drinking or putting on their makeup than people do from texting. And you don't know because you're clueless.

So again, stop with the white knight nonsense. You have no sense of the subject and even less sense of the impact it has in relation to everything. This whole thread is full of factor 0 replies by people that only pretend to care because they know they'll never have to do anything about it. Nothing but bs and lies. One person talking about "wonderful kids that commit suicide...yeah...wonderful. Seriously? Or the "I know a few people who committed suicide because of bullying" Really? A few people? I call that bs lying by people who are absolutely clueless.

Seems pretty obvious based on how you structure your posts, your punctuation, and your choice of words and abbreviations.
    you dont know what you are talking about... and his Join Date is just a coincidence...
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Community Member

yes, You got me.
    Because I would not change my phrasing if I had an alternate account and tried to be a different persona.
    well done.

This thread makes me wish I was righteous enough to fake some indignation.

Carry on.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I have a very dark, sarcastic sense of humor. I do, however, censor my jokes internally. If a "joke" causes uneasiness or a painful moment for someone, you are doing it wrong. There are things better left unsaid sometimes. Lastly, even with my taste in humor, I find nothing funny about the OPs' joke.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

There is no IF in my situation. My kid wouldn't do that because she's been brought up well to be level headed while critically analyzing everything.

It's ridiculous how far you people take this stuff. Not only did he not tell this idiot person to kill his or herself, but on top of it you are all trying to act as though this kid is surely 100% suicidal and about to go over the edge. We're talking about a chance somewhere in the neighborhood of a fraction of a hundredth of a percent. You're more likely to kill yourself and a family of 8 in a car accident 5 times today before this obviously on the edge kid kills himself.

But you don't consider that. You see some silly topic that needs your input, useless input by the way, because you have nothing better to do. Probably the type of person that spouts off about texting and driving while not realizing more people STILL die in a car each year because of eating/drinking or putting on their makeup than people do from texting. And you don't know because you're clueless.

So again, stop with the white knight nonsense. You have no sense of the subject and even less sense of the impact it has in relation to everything. This whole thread is full of factor 0 replies by people that only pretend to care because they know they'll never have to do anything about it. Nothing but bs and lies. One person talking about "wonderful kids that commit suicide...yeah...wonderful. Seriously? Or the "I know a few people who committed suicide because of bullying" Really? A few people? I call that bs lying by people who are absolutely clueless.

i dont say that anyone is suicidal. i just say that telling someone to ''go kill himself'' is just over the limits. you have no idea how this will affect the other person.
    and about that reference i did with ''your'' kid, i didnt mean to target yours orso, sorry if u took it that way, i said that in general, about how would any of us react to such thing.
    not all the kids think the same way though. you must know that better than me.

and about ''You see some silly topic that needs your input, useless input by the way, because you have nothing better to do.'' this is a kind of bulling also, if u cant see it, then im sorry
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

Or the "I know a few people who committed suicide because of bullying"
    I never said the people I knew that did commit suicide did it because of bullying. I only stated I knew people who did it and that "jokes" telling people to go kill themselves are simply never jokes. Rather, they are a form of bullying and an attempt to exercise power over another person by showing you can hurt them more and faster than they can hurt you. See also Daniel Tosh's rape "joke" because it is the same kind of "joke".
    Bug.

Community Member

I never said the people I knew that did commit suicide did it because of bullying. I only stated I knew people who did it and that "jokes" telling people to go kill themselves are simply never jokes. Rather, they are a form of bullying and an attempt to exercise power over another person by showing you can hurt them more and faster than they can hurt you. See also Daniel Tosh's rape "joke" because it is the same kind of "joke".
    And yet telling someone what they did was wrong even though literally nothing happened isn't the same basic scenario? You aren't trying to put yourself out there as being more intelligent and sensible than the OP?

I also agree with your previous post about not being able to say anything without seeming like a total *******. But that's not your fault. That society's fault. That's the fault of people, like most in this thread, that want to sugar coat and/or look away from everything so they can pretend like nothing is wrong. That mentality is immensely cancerous to everyone on this planet.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default Just wanted to talk a bit about someone I knew who killed himself.

I had a friend who in 1991 killed himself. He was a bully and did and said some things to me and others that were down right hurtful and mean. Not sure why I ever liked him. He lived near me and we played Dungeons and Dragons pnp a lot in 1984. There was a lot of girls over at his house too because of his older sister. That is also a reason why I tolerated him. I made the best of the situation and said ok I can handle this. It will be ok. In 1991 I moved out of the State 1600 miles away to a different State and 6 months later he did it.

He dug himself into a hole with bad grades and gambling and had a girlfriend who constantly cried whenever she didn't get her way. He drank tons of diet soda. If he ever lost at pool or chess or anything for that matter he would get angry and throw a tantrum. He was racist and a thief to.

I learned from him what not to be like.

After his suicide his Mom died from breast cancer not too long after. The suicide just tore her up and her body and immune system must have collapsed in anguish and utter miserableness. I called his dad one day just to see how he was doing. The odd but true thing that was creepy was it was his last day in that house. He was moving out. We talked for a bit and that was the last time I spoke with him.

There was a huge red flag before he did it. He was always sleeping.

I was bullied in grade school for being fat and had no friends up until 7th grade when I met him.

Just my story. It helps to talk about it.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Community Member

As George Carlin once said, (paraphrasing) 'everything can be funny, even rape can be funny'.
    having said that, You have to know how to make jokes about grave topics like illnesses and crimes. Carlin and other comedians can do it,
    most of the people can't and maybe shouldn't.

However, if You decide to ban for life 'go kill yourself', then all other possibly offensive stuff should be banned for life too: GTFO, ****, DIAF, d-bag and other descriptive vocabulary.
    personally it doesnt matter to me because I dont use them and only chat with friends in DDO.
    in my opinion, this particular situation was basically a self-defense mechanism, to discourage the 'stalker' from hanging out with the party,

another thing is, even if You play nice on your end, what are Your options to deal with a person who wont leave you alone? and the usual tells dont work?
    are you not allowed to say anything because the other person might feel offended?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    i dont say that anyone is suicidal. i just say that telling someone to ''go kill himself'' is just over the limits. you have no idea how this will affect the other person.
    and about that reference i did with ''your'' kid, i didnt mean to target yours orso, sorry if u took it that way, i said that in general, about how would any of us react to such thing.
    not all the kids think the same way though. you must know that better than me.

and about ''You see some silly topic that needs your input, useless input by the way, because you have nothing better to do.'' this is a kind of bulling also, if u cant see it, then im sorry
    That's not bullying. That's simply informing you that your posts are pretty far off base and that your knowledge concerning the subjects of suicide and human tendencies warrant less input until you're more experienced with them. Taking offense to criticism that isn't really criticism defies all logic and that stems from your own judgement of being semi-aware of the subjects at hand.

That's not bullying. That's simply informing you that your posts are pretty far off base and that your knowledge concerning the subjects of suicide and human tendencies warrant less input until you're more experienced with them. Taking offense to criticism that isn't really criticism defies all logic and that stems from your own judgement of being semi-aware of the subjects at hand.
    dude.. seriouslly,dont talk to me about critisism.. not you.

''Ever stand next to a ridiculously overweight woman in a grocery store? Ever find it ironic that this woman is also ridiculously odorous, ridiculously unkempt? If you tell her she stinks it's not bullying, it's constructive criticism.''

i dont know what books u read or how u build these ideas, but they are wrong.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

It's a small risk - of literally the death of another human being.
    vs
    A tiny, tiny imposition on the limits of things you can say to another person.

It is almost unfathomable to me that anyone is on the other side of this.

I personally know no one who has suicided as a result of the internet. I do know, as do you, that it happens though.

PS. Yep, don't text while driving. Don't do other things that take your eyes off the road as well. They're all 'dangerous driving' in Australia.

Any other crazy, over the top, unbelievably lacking in perspective "white-knighting" on issues that concern human life I can help you with?
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast