Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Epic Fail at Mabar festival

I'm not one to talk trash about the work done by the Dev team. But I have to speak my mind this time. *** are Shadar-kai doing in mabar, they do not belong here. They are from the forgotten realms. KEEP THEM THERE.

AND

LAG. Death over and over and event is not even at full swing. GRRR....
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post
    I'm not one to talk trash about the work done by the Dev team. But I have to speak my mind this time. *** are Shadar-kai doing in mabar, they do not belong here. They are from the forgotten realms. KEEP THEM THERE.

AND

ShadarKai exist in Eberron as well, and are from teh Shadowfell, which consists of Dollurh, Mabar and the Plane of Shadow.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post

AND

LOL

Unless your instance of Mabar is in FR, then I might have to agree with you, in principle.

We're they at least undead Shadar-Kai? if they weren't then I have to totally agree that they are out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    LOL

Unless your instance of Mabar is in FR, then I might have to agree with you, in principle.

We're they at least undead Shadar-Kai? if they weren't then I have to totally agree that they are out of context.
    How are they out of context? Having undead in the Mabar event is more out of context, as Mabar is a realm filled with shadow creatures, one of which is ShadarKai...undead hail from Dolurrh
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Default Agree with epic fail of mabar

I dont have a problem with the mobs in mabar but i believe what was the first spectal dragon run the lag was horrible in a 26-28 run causing a fail to protect the altar! you could not heal and spells were not going through on mobs i hope it improves!

Community Member

The lag in my spectral dragon instance was completely unplayable. Frozen 80-90% of the time. Really, really for real lag. Not the machine, not the connection. Started as soon as the dragon entered, ended after we were booted from the instance. Completely unplayable.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

one would think that after all this time that the spectral dragon fight would be lag free.

Thumbs down Mabarf SSDD

20-24 instance CR 18 mobs that is total BULL.... Nothing is changed at all same Junk it has been... Not even going to waste any more time on it.. Worst event they ever have had...

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot-1 View Post
    20-24 instance CR 18 mobs that is total BULL.... Nothing is changed at all same Junk it has been... Not even going to waste any more time on it.. Worst event they ever have had...
    When it first came out, Mabar was cool. Now it just sucks real bad.
    Shadar-kai in Mabar sucks too. Mabar failed this time, IMO.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

wait like a day ago Cordovan said they would "turn it on some time later this fall" so it's on right now?
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Founder

This was a test like the last 2 Mabars. It ended a bit ago. Yes there were bugs. I entered one dragon raid and there was no problem with lag. The raid did fail from lack of numbers but not from lag.

I was not prepared for Shadar-Kai in Mabar, but if there is lore to suggest they are in Mabar then I don't have a problem with it.

What I do have a problem with is the other bugs like red-names not dropping anything and regular vampires never being visible. Other than that it seemed to run fine. Looking forward to the regular run.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    This was a test like the last 2 Mabars. It ended a bit ago. Yes there were bugs. I entered one dragon raid and there was no problem with lag. The raid did fail from lack of numbers but not from lag.

I was not prepared for Shadar-Kai in Mabar, but if there is lore to suggest they are in Mabar then I don't have a problem with it.

What I do have a problem with is the other bugs like red-names not dropping anything and regular vampires never being visible. Other than that it seemed to run fine. Looking forward to the regular run.
    Well, they failed the test.

Super laggy, super frustrating, super boring.

Community Member

It seemed great to me... no lag at all, killed dragon twice and collected about 1500-2k motes. It was boring as hell though just running around hitting things and no exp. Should be some sort of optional 'kill xx enemies' for a little bit of xp or something.

Community Member

was fun...first raid failed no lag... 2nd raid succeded with some of the worst lag ive seen in awhile

am looking forward to it in october

lower lvl toons spawning worthless mobs by higher lvl toons not a big deal at all

was like that when mabar was first released adapted to it and moved on...no stress no drama

Community Member

Default I tried to farm it, I really did.

But after about 1.5 hours I got so bored I almost dieded.
    Seriously though.
    I thought grinding the CC event was painful.
    This looks to be a longer grind than the Cove.
    And the loots, while very good. Just aren't worth the time IMHO.
    I'm not saying that the event should be done away with.
    I'll just spend my time elsewhere while Mabar is active.
    To those that are willing to grind away.
    Good luck.