Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    2 things I forgot to add:

- Except for my very last turn in of the night, I couldn't get the stones / bones / skulls turn in pumpkin to reset to accept the new item after completing a turn in of one type. I would have to close out the window and re-open it each time after turning in one type of the items needed.

- Were motes suppose to show up somewhere last night? If so I couldn't find them anywhere in my inventory.
    I forget which bag the motes go in but if you had bags set to auto collect the motes are in one of them.. Also the turn in was as you say last regular Mabar event..

Community Member

1. No lv 28 loot? looks like the only think I'm looking at is the +5 tome, so ill be done in 3-4 days per char... 2 weeks tops.

2. As a suggestion for mobs spawning based on player level: don't. You set up the instances for reasonable levels. if players want to go to a different level range, they get that level monsters. So lets not see any cr 20's in the lv 25-30, period.
    I don't want to lock players into the instance that is their level, because near the upper bound it is often best to move up a instance as the lv-2 can cause most mobs in the instance to not be profitable to slay, but that causes the next instance to have low CR's. So a more divisions may be in order, and restricting players to a level range.

3. Lets get all spells working in the graveyard, please.

4. It would be nice if the drop rates( they seemed quite low to me, but that may have been due to not enough lv appropriate mobs spawning, though it doesn't explain why i didn't end up with at least 1 lich dust or vamp fang after the number of them i killed) and spawn rates would go up, and there were more instances so players would be able to farm in peace.

on the upside
    1. I get a +5/6 tome(s) !!! Not thrilled that +6 isn't available elsewhere yet, but i don't doubt that that will be changed by new years. plus I don't need to run EE [uber difficult raid that might not run often during my play time] a billion times for a decent chance, and still have the possibility of getting something i cant use. It doesn't eliminate the grind for people who want many stats boosted, but for less hardcore gamers its balancing. Id also like a +5 at the winter festival, .
    2. Necro casters get live enemies to finger
    3. The new augments seem great for melees; i didn't see a caster one.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot-1 View Post
    I forget which bag the motes go in but if you had bags set to auto collect the motes are in one of them.. Also the turn in was as you say last regular Mabar event..
    They auto-collect in the Ingredient Bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I wanted to answer a couple of questions I've seen in this and/or other Mabar-related threads, and thanks again for all of the great feedback:

On the Signet timing questions: The Signet reward is once per day per character, not per account, and the day is based on the server clock, which means that the "day" will reset at the same time the Challenge tokens do. I think the server clock is based on Coordinated Universal Time.

Cosmetic helmets suppressing pumpkin heads is working as intended, due to an issue that came up during development. When working on Mabar, it was discovered that if you had a cosmetic helmet on and were hit with a pumpkin head, the visuals of both would display, which caused clipping and other issues. So, the decision was made to give cosmetic helmets priority. People hit with the Pumpkin Grenade who want to see the pumpkin on their heads should temporarily remove the Cosmetic Helmet from their cosmetic headwear slot.

We are also taking a look at the possibility of making some tweaks to several things that could make it into a patch that would be released prior to the activation of the Mabar event, but it's a bit early to give any definite confirmation, since that work has not yet taken place nor been validated through the QA process. Among the things we're looking at is adjusting either the drop rates or Mote cost of Vampire Fangs and/or Lich Dust, fixing the issue where mummies are sliding on their backs or crawling out of the ground incorrectly, and looking at the "invisible vampire" issue, along with several other things. Again, don't read the above paragraph as a promise, but that's the goal. We'll bring you more information on this possibility soon.
    This all is good news but it ignores the biggest issue. The lag. I think there might be 2 posts here that DON'T mention it as a serious problem. Are you (Turbine) going to comment on it? Or continually insist that it doesn't exist, or is the "user computer's" problem? Or I guess more accurately just ignore it like you have for the past however many years?

Because honestly, none of what you said matters (even if fixed) if Dragon Instances are failing due to lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelphistez View Post
    Hey Cordovan,

I bug reported it and posted a ticket in game, but just wanted to point out that I was dead when the dragon was successfully killed... this shouldn't be too awful of a thing but in fact, when the instance closed it booted me to my bind point (the 12 if it matters) and did not give me either a scale or a signet. I'd really like to see that fixed as those dragon instances are just too far apart and too likely to fail for me to appreciate getting nothing when we *do* actually succeed.
    I was dead when the quest passed out signet/scale... and then got a rez... Are you sure you weren't kicked out due to rez timer?
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

Community Member

Default Fun

I had fun, especially once I got to fight the spectral dragon. I played two characters. I got "The Creature was too weak to give rewards" quite a bit even though I was at the low end of the level scale I entered into at level 12 in the 12-17 range. I did find a lot of monsters simply disappeared right after they appeared. They were there, a white dot over them, then they were gone. I did find it difficult to target creatures when they first appeared, but I didn't mind that so much. But with melee weapons they took a lot of zero damages back to back and with a crossbow I had to stand right in front of them to actually attack, which for a ranged weapon defeats the purpose. The graveyard was a bit of a free for all, so when playing with my rogue I had to get lucky to finish off something before a DPS fighter came by and wiped out everything. So between rare drops, the creature was too weak to give rewards, and kill steals it seemed I was there a long time with nothing to show for it. I had a bit more luck playing a 15th level Artificer. This was my first encounter of Mabar and I enjoyed it. I liked how the spectral dragon was a 'community' raid style fight rather than one person getting the credit or a party. I liked how there were range opportunities. My son and I are looking forward to trying it out in October.
    Oh, and without spells in the graveyard, it's a bit harder on spell casters to fight/survive.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Where is Mark Wahlberg when you need him?

Getting an education I believe.

And I think I saw more empty cars in The Stand when it showed on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

This all is good news but it ignores the biggest issue. The lag. I think there might be 2 posts here that DON'T mention it as a serious problem. Are you (Turbine) going to comment on it? Or continually insist that it doesn't exist, or is the "user computer's" problem? Or I guess more accurately just ignore it like you have for the past however many years?

Because honestly, none of what you said matters (even if fixed) if Dragon Instances are failing due to lag.
    A dev response that doesn't even acknowledge the #1 concern by players isn't really all that helpful. All the small issues that Cordovan addresses are just that. Small issues. Not game breaking and they can be worked around. Losing a dragon encounter due to lag is frustrating and off putting. I had 2 guildies rage quit for the night because of this. It's actually causing your players to walk away from the computer and go do something else. That is NOT A GOOD THING. At bare minimum, Turbine should acknowledge the lag issue and that should be the one that gets the most attention (any attention at all actually) until it's at a reasonable level so that people can play the actual game. Fluff fixes and polish are NOT a priority right now.

I agree 100% with what you have to say Prep. None of the little things matter if you can't reliably complete a dragon encounter.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

ohh.. its funny. but:
    - moore spells viables, please. loss atracctive dont used blade barrier and similars

-poor loot and moore poor to change for motes

to rest... np ( except laggin//falls to server)

-one good option: change items (keys, fangs, dust, scales) for motes... ppls abused in bids!!! ( -_- )

If it's at all possible to fit into the next patch, would it be within the realm of possibility to offer a very basic loot upgrade for the current Mabar items? I'm thinking something as simple as adding a red augment slot to the wraps and a blue slot for the robe. That alone would make it worthwhile for me to run.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

We are also taking a look at the possibility of making some tweaks to several things that could make it into a patch that would be released prior to the activation of the Mabar event, but it's a bit early to give any definite confirmation, since that work has not yet taken place nor been validated through the QA process. Among the things we're looking at is adjusting either the drop rates or Mote cost of Vampire Fangs and/or Lich Dust, fixing the issue where mummies are sliding on their backs or crawling out of the ground incorrectly, and looking at the "invisible vampire" issue, along with several other things. Again, don't read the above paragraph as a promise, but that's the goal. We'll bring you more information on this possibility soon.
    What about the lag and level 28 items? Without lag fixed, the entire event will be just an exercise in frustration. Without level 28 versions of Cloak of Night, Wraps of Endless Light, and Robe/Docent of Shadow, high level players will have little reason to want to play the event regardless.

Compared to those two issues, everything you mentioned all put together is nearly meaningless.

Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

I enjoyed the mote-farming portion of the event. It seemed the spawns were good sized, though the shadar-kai were a little odd to see in there. I guess they fit, but I don't know the lore all that well.

However, we failed miserably in the dragon instance, twice, because as soon as the gargoyles spawned, the whole instance would lag like I've never lagged before and the altars would get destroyed with no ability to do anything about it. That was frustrating and made the whole experience unenjoyable.

I like the looks of the event overall. I hope I'll be able to benefit from it.

i dont know if it has been said yet since there is allot of stuff people have posted. i like it. but my only question would be is:

is it possible to get some weapons for other classes besides monk/spellcaster (wraps/wands)?
    i can use the wands a little since my umd is high but i mainly use staffs/kopesh/rapier. would it be posible to get a weapon like that? maybee a staff?

Community Member

Given that lag was THE major concern with the Spectral Dragon instance last year, and was again the major concern with the preview, with no sing of improvement. I think its safe to say that Turbine have devoted precisely zero resources to it in the intervening period. I get that its difficult, what with the age and complexity of the game's architecture but surely a responsible developer would have one of two responses. Either stop producing large complex instances involving large numbers of players simultaneously, or acknowledge the problem exists and devote serious effort to developing some sort of solution. The current situation, which is a short step from Turbine calling everyone who complains of crippling lag either a liar or an idiot who is unable to tell the difference between server side and client side lag, is not the attitude of a responsible developer.

Regarding the Lich Dust and Vamp fangs, I didn't see a single one drop for my group in approximately three to four hours of playing and at least eight Lich's (eight red name Lichs not just the Night Lichs) killed, same went for vampire fangs. I did begin to question if they were dropping at all.

Personally I'm not in favour of the constant loot power creep we've seen over the last few years, and all the broken promises associated with it (Anyone remember the promise when +3 tomes 1st appeared in the store?) but I guess we're too far down that road to go back now.

Community Member

What about the simple stuff? Changing the number of items per opening can't possibly take more than a few minutes, can it? It's just one number I'd imagine.

Community Member

Default Same ole?

I'm sure the DDO team is working its backside off, and LET IT BE KNOWN, i think all in all, they do a good job. That said....

Mabar still has ONE major flaw... the level increments are un-enforced. I go in with may guild, all around the same level, and someone shows up several levels lower than us. We get penalized for killing stuff lower level than us. To the point of getting killed by the penalty. The only thing we do "wrong" is kill mobs that we cant ID levels for.

SUGGESTION: REMOVE the player level sensoring program, and make the instance levels absolute. In other words, If you bring a level 4 toon into the level 8-13 instance, you WILL fight ONLY level 8-13 monsters (or whatever level mobs pop there).

Alternative suggestion: if your toon isn't the appropriate level, you cant get into that level instance at all. Im sure the DDO team can make Delara's an auto level area.

I know this may not be addressing the intent of your question, but you kinda left that open to interpretation

Please refer to the first statement i made. have a groovie day

Community Member

Default Mabar Festival

Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    The whole visual was excellent. I know this because of all the *screen shot* lag I experienced. It was terrible. I finally got to go in to fight the dracolitch and died when I couldn't move and the mobs killed me as I stood there. Clean up the lag and this will be a blast!

Gotta admit though the art work is absolutely beautiful.

Community Member

Default Nice update

I loved the new monsters. I went in on level 16-20, with a lvl 16 Artie (and his little dog, too). It was fun, and the updated monsters helped keep int interesting.

My only complaint was that the targeting is seriously foobarr'ed. I could only ever hit anything by turning off "auto target" and doing it manually. Right-click, left-click--nothing would highlight the monsters, no matter how hard I tried to click on them. It was exactly like being in the Market, only with monsters...

But the no-target bug meant that all my tracking-type rune arms were useless (pea shooter, force arms, etc). Fortunately? I still had the venerable and somewhat dated Hand of the Tombs, which seemed quite effective (it basically shoot fireballs--so targeting isn't critical). Years of playing first person shooters has honed my mouse/aim skill, so I was hitting with my repeater in spite of the targeting system failure.

The invisible vampire monster was ... interesting. Fortunately, my venerable dog could "see" invisible, even though I could not (in spite of a high level True Seeing spell effect on my toon). So I simply blasted fireballs where the dog was attacking, and that seemed to have a 50/50 chance of doing something.

Those two nits were my only complaint-- the rest was quite a nice upgrade from last time.

Kudos to the Dev team!

Community Member

Thumbs up Mabar New Mobs

New mobs were a definite plus to this event's update. I was expecting to see shadows along with the shadar kai that I was fighting, but who know's, maybe later. I was also expecting to get a view of the level 26-30 loot; apparently its not available :-(. Great update to this festival event though!!!

Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I was level 13 and these mobs had CRs in the 20s. Again, not one single solitary level-appropriate mob spawned near me.

And I wasn't "griefing" regardless -- both because I was there to play, not cause problems for others, and because I mostly did it off on my own, away from other players.

All that said, I definitely support a minimum CR by instance -- because that should be the entire point. And if I'm in a higher-level instance it's because I want higher-level mobs anyway.

ETA: Those saying that the level ranges don't do anything forget what it was like before them. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.
    see comments further down

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It's great to see so many of you took the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. There's obviously a lot to read here; we'll be going through this today and making sure the proper folks are tuned in.
    Communication!!! i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Spurious, unsupported claims don't make things true.

Per Wikipedia: "A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways."

I was not doing that. I was there to kill mobs, and I did kill mobs. Furthermore, since I saw mobs spawning that looked the same as all the other mobs and had CRs over 20, I had no reason to believe there was a problem. Nobody asked me to leave. And I wasn't playing near others anyway.

People have now explained that the mobs near me were likely at lower CRs than they would be near people in the 20s. If when Mabar comes back my presence causes too-low-level mobs to spawn for others even when they are not near me, I will leave the instance. But I don't think that happens, in which case I will play in that instance if I wish, just staying away from other players.

I'm not an unreasonable person. And at no time whatsoever was I engaging in "griefing", regardless of your apparent desire to invent your own definitions of the term.
    It' sad that you still don't understand it after all these pages containing explenations on how it does work. / shrug

Cord,
    can we have an infraction system?
    by reporting low level players for grieving they gain the following:
    first warning: a pop up stating they are in the wrong instance, a confirmation button is needed to get rid of it.
    Second warning: a screen filling pop up, requiring a click on the confirmation button to get rid of it.
    Third warning, auto banned from the game for 4 weeks.
    To protect the new/lowbies a 10 min timer would be needed between warnings.
    Being in the right instance for your level range makes you immune to reporting by grievers
    A explanation text on the forum/launcher would be great too.

I wanted to answer a couple of questions I've seen in this and/or other Mabar-related threads, and thanks again for all of the great feedback:

On the Signet timing questions: The Signet reward is once per day per character, not per account, and the day is based on the server clock, which means that the "day" will reset at the same time the Challenge tokens do. I think the server clock is based on Coordinated Universal Time.

Cosmetic helmets suppressing pumpkin heads is working as intended, due to an issue that came up during development. When working on Mabar, it was discovered that if you had a cosmetic helmet on and were hit with a pumpkin head, the visuals of both would display, which caused clipping and other issues. So, the decision was made to give cosmetic helmets priority. People hit with the Pumpkin Grenade who want to see the pumpkin on their heads should temporarily remove the Cosmetic Helmet from their cosmetic headwear slot.

Cosmetic helms stopping skull/pumpkin heads is awesome, not everybody likes 'm.
    Glad to hear you're all working on bugs, please fix the lag too and keep the darn forgotten realm emo assasin race out of Mabar, they don't belong there.

Please don't open Mabar before fixing everything mentioned in this thread, as it is now the event is laughable at best, stocked with lag and grievers.
    don't turn mabar into another rushed job.

Community Member

No red named in hours of play... significant number of "too weak" opponents at top tier instance.
    REALLY Disappointed that Cloak had no lvl 28 upgrades let alone lvl 24 being made post U18 current with attributes...
    Tried one attempt at Dragon for an augment, lagged at 25% and lost key.
    Two years no joy on this cool event, thats a shame. No reason to go again this year.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast