I ran this last night and besides the lag I would have to complain about the drop rates, the collectibles and lich dust and keys were dropping just fine, however the raid group I was with didn't get a single vampire fang. This happened on Ghallanda, Instance 2 26-30.
the mobs to low problem produced a cascading effect of people trying to escape a proble in turn creating a problem for another group
final point after some sleep.
count to activate dragon set too high. took hours to open the gates.
Help us help the new players. Adopt a new player today!
Promote your guild the right way: Sponsor a Raid night on your server today!
— Char Builder Lite — Ron's Character Planner — Smithy Alliance —
— DDO-ML — A guide for DDO-ML — How to Access Lamannia —
Just returning to the game? Want to catch up? Click Here
More Bank Space? Leomund's Secret Chest — Guild Management System (GMS) — Demi-God Reincarnation
— OzyMoronic Barbarian (INT Barb+Rog SK) — AirForged the last Firebender (BF Sorc 18 2 Pal) —
Spectacled Librarian with a BIG GIANT HUGE SWORD (INT Ftr+Wiz+Rog) — Koboldowar VetII Arty and Dog
- Spawn rate of mobs in 26-30 seems to have improved over previous years.
- Low level characters can still come into an instance and spawn mobs lower than those that give rewards for people at the correct advertised level - mob CR should be instance specific and not tied to the person in that instance
- Time until summoning chamber opened was acceptable on Ghallanda during peak hours
- There are still no mechanics to help track how many people are in NW, NE, SE, SW summoning chamber or at those levers - an on screen count of people within the vicinity of those objects would be useful
- When the dragon summons, an onscreen display of it's red bar throughout the event would help those not fighting the dragon see what is happening and make them feel part of it
- Crippling lag in summoning chamber E caused instance to freeze entirely until ultimately dragon destroyed an altar
- Worst lag problem ever experienced in summoning chamber since Mabar was introduced
- Quijonn on Ghallanda, Triple Completionist ---> 3350 HP Unbuffed ---> 3405 HP Unbuffed ---> 7447HP Buffed (17,693HP total) ---> 130 CON
- Monster Manual, Known Issues ---> <string table error; tableDID [0x00000000] token [0x00000000]> ---> All Epic Quests EH and EE, XP/Min, Comms/Min
- The Stormreach Campaign ---> The Stormreach Campaign Blog ---> Enhancements in PDF format ---> Saga's simplified
- Quality of Life Fixes
1) I really really hate that the forums won't keep me logged in until I log myself out.
2) Rogues suck at killing undead. No sneak attack damage, piercing/slashing damage on skeletons, etc. Best case scenario, they're sneaking up to assassinate a shadar-kai in Mabar and a caster instakills it while they're on their way over. But even if everyon in the aprty agrees to leave a guy up so the rogue has something to kill, that doesn't address the wealth of undead only quests that don't have living enemies. Bards used to suck in undead quests then they got music of the dead, and now they're nice to bring. given the new trees, it would be nice if rogues got some undead tricks somewhere in there given the nature of their primary source of dps (light blades + SA dice).
3) In the lvl28 zone, liches were spawning constantly. 3 or more in most large groups of spawns, when several small groups would spawn, each would have a lich, etc. This meant everyone had more lich dust than they needed within an hour.
4) In the level 28 zone there were mobs called something something vampire wearing what seemed to be adamantine plate. That's cool, but there was a disconnect because vampire teeth are a drop and were not dropping when we killed those vampires.
5) To echo other people the occasional quick despawn of enemies and especially large groups is extremely annoying, especially to casters wasting SP sending spells their way.
6) People say this every year, but really, PLEASE just make the graveyard and instance for that one party/raid group. The huge dragon instance is cool. Keep that if you can deal with the slowdown issues, but the graveyard itself not being individual party instances only creates annoyances. Lower level people run by and spawn stuff you get nothing for killing; trolls watch you fight something and finish it when you get it before 10% hp, and so on. I don't see one benefit of keeping it a public instance. I get that it was the first slaying festival back several years ago, but in 2013 why is it not set up like a challenge where I lock in the CR and only mobs of that CR spawn and only my group is in there with those mobs?
7) Reverse trade-ins. If I'm hunting the harder-to-kill vampires, liches, and dragon all day, why can't I trade their drops in for even more motes? It's nice that you can spend motes on those things for people that didn't happen to find a boss or weren't able to kill them, but if I'm slaying bosses all day and end up with extra drops, I'd like to turn those into the motes I need to upgrade my item instead of having the scales and such sit in my bag for years.
8) Rewards: I really, really like the signet rewards. Thanks. I wish the +6 tomes were still there as they were the only draw for our guild's long-time players that have +5 Supreme Tomes they bought from the DDO Store and had made all the motes items they wanted in previous years. It meant I was the only vet in our large guild in there teaching new players how the event works. I also wish there were lvl28 motes items. More spellpower and necro DC boost, 8% dodge & 20% ghostly on the cloak, etc. The way huge bonuses on random drops work these days, there's less reason to go to mabar on a capped toon (especially one with +5 tomes). Also, the d4 light damage is TINY. What if you could tier that up? It would cost lots of signets, seems like a fair trade.
9) It's VERY unclear what the DC is for the nightmare guard on the cloak at each level. If only the dodge goes up on the cloak and I'm wearing a dodge 10% item already, why would I upgrade the cloak? See also the Terror greatsword from Mindsunder both before and after upgrade. I wish all spell procs on items listed the spell's DC in the description, and I certainly expect them to level up with the item and it's upgrades. Air Guard, that's another one where I'd like to see the DC for the balance check and maybe I'd bother with epic bracers of wind instead of just Air guard on a greensteel item. Ditto ALL the proc available for dragon-touched armor, which would be what, 4 levels higher than GS items.
Finally) THANK YOU! Thanks for making and re-balancing festivals as the level cap goes up. I know it's a lot of work you're not making a ton of TP from, but it's great fun and I've found it to be the best way to teach newbies about building their characters gear and therefor thinking about buying new adventure packs for the named and raid loot within. Thanks for continuing to add to the existing festivals and I look forward to more new and interesting festivals in the future! (*cough* Shieldmeet would make a nice actual melee-focused festival *cough*)
Same as everyone's gripes, though I did not experience any lag on Thelanis. I was able to go into the Dragon 3 times, and all 3 times we failed due to lack of people in the dragon instance (16-20). Even going in right as door opens, hoping to get in a full instance. To me that shows a lack of programing. Need to balance the amount of players in all instances and distribute evenly. I have over 60 keys from years of Mabar but many do not and are buying them while not enough people in instance or Lag fails, will make many not want to play. This game keeps getting new annoying bugs and old ones remain unaddressed. Now Mabar with problems. Wondering if testing is done by monkeys.
On side note, I always love Mabar. I hope the problems can be addressed. Invisible Vamps and proper distribution of players in Dragon instance. Thanks & hope to see Mabar again near Halloween time.
The dragon takes too long to open, about 3 hours last night on Sarlona. Replace it by a timer (1 hour or 30 mins) please
I spent an hour in the 12-17 zone playing on my lvl 14 cleric. I formed a raid group but it never filled completely. This is my feedback to help improve the event.
- One hour of playing and I only received one ethereal key. No vampire fangs. Did not see a Lich or get Lich dust although I'm not sure they are present at that level.
- Did not see a vampire although I thought I heard them a couple of times.
- The shadows would spawn then they seemed to drop into the ground so that their hit point bar and title were at ground level.
- At lvl 14 and within the 12-17 lvl zone there were apparently a lot of monsters below my level for which I received no reward. I would argue that this shouldn't be possible. I did not see any low level toons around me either.
- The monsters were sometimes difficult to activate or perhaps slow to activate.
- I did not experience lag.
- I would like the spawn rate to increase some please. The times when there was nothing to kill seemed long although perhaps I just need more patience.
- No one in the party died, although a few came close. In other words, it was not that difficult.
- I generally had fun although when it comes time to actually farm this will become tedious.
I was unable to do the raid. It did not open or come close to opening so I have no input there.
Thanks for the opportunity to test and supply feedback.
I enjoyed running about. Don't like the fact you can only get 1 signet a day per toon though.
I spent many hours in Mabar yesterday.I was excited it was back and happy to buy pumpkins and skullheads to bomb my friends with again
but as time went by I had realized I killed a few Licht the red named ones not one dust dropped same for vampire fangs.Great the raid finally opens.by the way the count I always thought was way too high to open that raid ,anyway we are all ready to go everything is set and the gargoyles start to spawn with them comes some lag and then some more lag untill we are unable to move,they destroy the shrine we lose after waiting a couple hours to get in not only did it seem like a huge waste of time but it ate the ethereal key.also group 16-20 vampires are invisible but still attack and many creatures in the area that are too low to give rewards even for a level 16.Is it possible to make the raiding more like in Crystal cove where its opened for 40 minutes or 20 minutes ?Incase you do lag out you always have the chance to go back in ?
Nohtings changed.......Maybe someday....nah....can't make the horse drink or some nonsense.......
Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?
I agree with several other posters that the zone choice is ineffective. In another thread I had suggested locking the zone to the listed level for characters to enter. I would rather see the mobs in the zones locked to that level range however. That way, if a lower level player wanted to challenge himself against the more powerful mobs, it wouldn't negatively impact the other players experience for the event.
There is also something quirky about the drop rates from mobs. I find I consistantly get more drops solo than I do grouped. I believe that the drop rate does not change, it only randomly assigns the drop to a group member. This is a leading cause of 'run-by nuking'. It is actually beneficial for a caster to run through the zone, nuking other peoples spawns rather than waiting on his own, and keep on trucking (or camp out near the turn in point, since that area is guaranteed to have large groups of spawns).
I enjoy the event, but mostly for the fact that there IS an event.
As always, dragon instances with less than 16 players are a ridiculous part of mabar and should be fixed, at least give them the option to move to the next least populated dragon instance. Taking all that time to turn in items then autofailing on the dragon causes more harm to the game than good.
ok here is my feedback.
1. Turn ins for the dragon is set too high. I don't know maybe it will be faster during the main event when there is more people playing but that could also increase the bad lag we had. With my limited play time it is conceivable that I could play for an hour or 2 and not get a chance at the dragon.
2. I was in a full party of 12 when the dragon did appear and our party got split up into different instances on the dragon. my instance completed successfully, others in my party did not because their instance lagged so badly many were not able to move until it was too late.
3. I participated on a level 25 character and was in an instance that was level 20-25 and repeatedly got the message "creature was too low to give a reward" This seems like a poor idea. I went into the level range that matched my character level. Everything in that level range should be capable of giving rewards.
4. I did like the change in monster types, but might have been good to see even more.
5. lag. at times lag made it very difficult to play.
Overall better then I expected and I am sure I will run enough to get +5 tomes on 2 of my characters and maybe a few others of the new augments, but it still needs some improvements.
Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 09-25-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"
Why on earth does Mabar have level instances which basically mean NOTHING???
Last night, while running lvl26-30 instance, we were overwhelmed with single digit character levels! When we politely asked them to move to a level appropriate instance, we were basically told to F-off. All we could do is report for griefing and go about our business.
This issue sucked when Mabar came out the very FIRST year. I was very disappointed to see that the very same basic issue still plagues us several years later....
Simple fix, lock the instances based on character level. Say + or - 2 levels? Min level 24 for 26-30? I just think it is assinine that a level 1 can zone into the 26-30 area....
ran lvl 4 and 19...lvl 4 spawns were slow to respawn but drop rate was good...lvl 19 spawn rate was good but drop rate was bad...one of my party members got a drop boost drink and no effect on drops...imo still a bit buggy
I've seen in some of these post how lower level characters would go into higher range level instances and spawn low level mobs just for fun, to screw with the higher levels in the instance.
Would a fix for this be only to spawn mobs in that level range, no matter what level the character was?
You take a lvl 13 into the 20-26 zone and have to fight lvl 20 - 26 mobs, you'd probably get the idea that you need to go back to your correct range.
Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf. Annr Sunkissed. Drow Wizard - Khyber
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload