Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Suggestion for Under-manned Dragon Events

1. Do not collect the keys until the doors are sealed. This would allow people in under-staffed instances the chance to escape without losing a key.
    AND/OR
    2. If any instance is under-manned (<16) with 3 minutes to go, kick everybody out with a message about re-entering. On that re-entry, place them
    into other - full - instances; do not create new ones within that 3 minute window.

It would be nice, maybe even possible, to fight the spectral dragon without the lag spikes. Maybe a list of 'do nots' to avoid the spikes? Both times in the chamber led to no movement on level 25+.
    Groz, Almostthere, Medicant and Harvezzt. Argo RULES!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Actually, near as I can tell the "spawn griefing" is a myth. I think this is one thing they actually did fix.

I just spent over an hour in the 26-30 zone with my level 13. Not one single solitary mob below CR20 ever spawned. It was liches and shadar-kai, just like everyone else spawned.

(And no, I wasn't trying to grief anyone. I was killing the mobs.)

I know people are getting those "too low" messages, but it's something else causing them.
    While the correct creatures spawned, those are too low of CR to get anything off of. I got the "too low of level" warning several times last night when lower levels were running around.

You were "spawn griefing" as it were, successfully. And no, I'm not upset with testing being done.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grahson View Post
    Come on this is about killing undead. More Shadar Kai than undead in the 20 - 25 range. I realize that the giant skelies caused problems last year but at least give us undead to replace them.
    And miss a chance to advertise about new iconics to sell?

And by your argument, you want the sucubus gone as well.

Community Member

I'll Pick Though And Quote What I've Seen...
    L25 character in the L20-25 area...4/5 creatures are "under level". Lag zilla the entire time... | I received many lich dust (over 20) and no vampire fangs on level 26-30 instance. There seems to be a problem with the drop rate of those 2. My party had really bad lag for a few minutes and were all booted out (edit) and count reset) (Sarlona instance 2 level 26-30). Including the dragon fight - We never saw the dragon in our chamber (level 26-30) after several minutes. The group failed for reasons unknown - I guess an altar was destroyed. | A CR 26 - 30 area contain CR 22 - 26 mob, which is incorrect, most of those monsters yields nothing for a level 27 or 28. |
    Now don't take this the wrong way, I love the Mabar event but might as well get rid of the x - y levels and just go back to what you had because it doesn't solve a thing due to the fact it's not LOCKED for them levels and spawns things below the level that person needs and seems to lag more. I played with my guild in Mabar in the 26-30 @ level 27 Cleric for 3 hours to only received 1200 motes but 2 years ago within an hour i was getting around 1000 per hour and last year 0 due to the "glitch" that wasn't spawning anything for the max level 25. Now what I noticed is this, People ranging from level 9 - 25 are in the 26-30 area and once i made sure they weren't close enough to spawn stuff at their level it still spawned things lower level then i was from the ranges of 22-24 which my level 27 received the warning "to low level".

The lag was so bad half the guild just quit out of the game and said they'll be skipping Mabar due to the fact that "they die on the screen before their HP is gone" "too laggy to even move" "keeps saying to low level". So I Hope You Guys Fix Some Issues This Year Turbine And Make This A Fun Event For All And Not Just Those Like Me That Have A Top Grade PC.

All on sarlona server

Ding, Fries Are DONE, Ding, Fries Are DONE, Ding, Fries Are DONE, Would You Like A Resurrection, Would You Like A Resurrection.
    Last edited by Dj_Fisty; 09-25-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Forgot Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    While the correct creatures spawned, those are too low of CR to get anything off of. I got the "too low of level" warning several times last night when lower levels were running around.

You were "spawn griefing" as it were, successfully. And no, I'm not upset with testing being done.
    I was level 13 and these mobs had CRs in the 20s. Again, not one single solitary level-appropriate mob spawned near me.

And I wasn't "griefing" regardless -- both because I was there to play, not cause problems for others, and because I mostly did it off on my own, away from other players.

All that said, I definitely support a minimum CR by instance -- because that should be the entire point. And if I'm in a higher-level instance it's because I want higher-level mobs anyway.

ETA: Those saying that the level ranges don't do anything forget what it was like before them. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.

Unhappy Where's the lv 28 robe of shadow?

Hi, I noticed that the highest level robe of shadow this Mabar is still lv 24! Since the level cap is raised to 28, I kinda was hoping for a lv 28 robe of shadow to grind for as part of my endgear for necro/enchantment wizze. I was so looking forward to things like:
    -nullification +133
    -Void Lore +20% crit chance
    -necro dc +4/5
    -false life +50
    -Greater boon of the undeath

Consider the robe advancing in lv in the manner 4,8,12,16,20,24...so its quite logical there should be a lv24+4=28!

Please include it in the real mabar event...I'm sure a lot of players will be very grateful if you did!

Wujeck

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Unplayable lag during spectral dragon fight (Cannith, lvl 26-30 instance). Everything was fine until the dragon spawned at which point it was about 5 seconds of frozen for one second of action with most attacks/heals/chat/etc delayed by about 10-20 seconds. as soon as we were booted from the instance the lag stopped.

It wasn't "we wiped, so lets blame it on the lag" lag, it was real lag-lag. As in "something is obviously really wrong with the process" lag.

I'm not too annoyed. It was preview night, these things happen, but that really needs to be dealt with before the event starts for real. There will be rage-quitting levels of frustration if that's the norm during the main event.
    played 2 instances of the dragon on Argo last night 1 21-25 and the other 26-30 had no lag at all. completed both instances.

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I was level 13 and these mobs had CRs in the 20s. Again, not one single solitary level-appropriate mob spawned near me.

And I wasn't "griefing" regardless -- both because I was there to play, not cause problems for others, and because I mostly did it off on my own, away from other players.

All that said, I definitely support a minimum CR by instance -- because that should be the entire point. And if I'm in a higher-level instance it's because I want higher-level mobs anyway.

ETA: Those saying that the level ranges don't do anything forget what it was like before them. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better.
    You might spawn the right type mobs but they dont count for us. I have 2 accounts and logged them both together. A lvl16 and a lvl28. The 16 would spawn the right mobs(Shadar, liches etc) but they wouldnt count for my lvl28. I don't know why you wont except this. Yes your cool and want a tougher fight but you are ruining the instance for the appropriate lvl range characters.

Community Member

If that's the case then they should fix that. It makes little sense to have ranges where there is no minimum and maximum cap.

Anyway, if I'm off on my own I'm not ruining anything for anyone. I will be sure to stay away from other players if I go into a higher-level instance again (though I will be higher level myself anyway when it returns).

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Aside from invisible vampires, I did not like the shadar-kai. They don't seem to have a place in an undead graveyard from my perspective. Also for my fighter, which is my favorite character to play, that stupid chain attack drags my base damage from 50-60 to less than 10 in a matter of seconds. If my shadar-kai's chain could do that, I'd be very pleased. Keep in mind that it would be fair if we had to fight one enemy at a time, but that is never the case. Balance issues like that are keeping me from playing the Wheloon content, as well. I'm completely useless in there.

The mote droprate is abysmal. My fighter dual wields disruption axes and plows through undead, and I made less than 50 opals, fingerbones, etc in two hours. I didn't get any vampire fangs or lich dust. Usually I get more keys than I know what to do with in these events, but I was sitting on two after two hours. Some people have jobs and families and can't play all day. Please keep in mind that not everyone on DDO can be a hardcore gamer and farm for a week straight. I really enjoy these special events, but if I have to spend three days to make a Cloak of Night, what's the point? I'm scared to know what I'd have to do to earn a +5 tome.

Cut the one per day limit on signets. The game is not going to explode if we're able to farm out all the items we want from Mabar on each character. I'm able to give you money for all the character slots I want, but then I'm limited to how many items I can earn for them each day? Again, jobs and families.

What is up with the random instances for the dragon fight? Why can't we form parties like Crystal Cove? I greatly dislike putting my time and effort in the hands of random strangers. The difficulty level of the gargoyles at 20+ is outrageous. I played a (pretty damn great IMO) dps toon and can not kill them fast enough to protect the shrine. Please change the quest to a regular party size so we can actually try to kill the dragon with our regular friends, and not have to hope that the 15 other players in our random instance built their characters well enough to be useful. Put the lever and the shrine in the same room and let me and a friend guard it. I hate putting my time and effort in someone else's gimpy hands.

Why can't we put solar on a named item? Is that 1dwhatever extra damage really a gamebreaker? You already gave heroic Wheloon mobs 1500+hp each and I have to fight 20 at once. Maybe that extra damage will allow me to kill one more, so someone can actually collect my stone.

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post
    You might spawn the right type mobs but they dont count for us. I have 2 accounts and logged them both together. A lvl16 and a lvl28. The 16 would spawn the right mobs(Shadar, liches etc) but they wouldnt count for my lvl28. I don't know why you wont except this. Yes your cool and want a tougher fight but you are ruining the instance for the appropriate lvl range characters.
    Indeed. I was in the 20-24 instance and constantly came across CR 16 Wheeps. Being lvl 19 in the 16-20 instance, how were half the critters I was killing not powerful enough to give me motes? If I'm in the proper instance for my level, everything in there should give me motes, otherwise it doesn't belong in the instance. Stuff like that is a complete waste of time for everyone. I shouldn't be punished because someone else is trying to be a toughguy.

Community Manager

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It's great to see so many of you took the time to let us know about your experience, we really appreciate it. There's obviously a lot to read here; we'll be going through this today and making sure the proper folks are tuned in.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Here's my thoughts and observations:

-Populations seem to be split too much, at least at non-endgame. Dragon instance opened in 16-20, and only 2 people entered in the window. With the 1/day limit, I think it'll be hard to find 16 people at-level within 5 mins to complete a Dragon run, especially at lower levels.

-Shadows spawn and then go invisible. Since they don't aggro you, you have to just run around waving your weapons and hope you hit them, or wait for them to say something and give away their position.

-Draughts are a waste - the only way you'll even get a return on 500 Motes in an hour is if you just stay IN the Mabar event, at max level, farming undead...and then whats the point? You cant farm enough Undead outside the event to recoup your costs. Make the Draught drop turn-in items instead of raw Motes, just like Crystal Cove drops Map Pieces as well as Doubloons.

-Non-raid rewards are still extremely limited. If you're not a Palemaster or a Monk, there's very little the event offers you that doesn't involve doing the Dragon. Besides, anything that's really worthwhile (Restoration or Death Ward pots) will be available in huge quantities on the AH for the duration of the event.

I'd like to see some additional general-use items added in...maybe some different upgradable weapons with a Mabar-y flavor. Its a great opportunity to introduce some named items in weapon classes that have been highlighted in the EP (ie, Quarterstaves, Daggers/Kukris, Shortbows, etc., maybe another Runearm) as well as shields and armor and accessories.

-Can you get your Tome without doing the Dragon? Not sure if you can buy your way there just with lots and lots and lots of Motes...but you should, CC teaches us that after most people get whatever they wanted (ie in the first 3-4 days), attendance will plummet and everyone else will be left out for the duration of the event.

This is my first Mabar festival. So, I can't compare it to the past.

It seams to be very similar to the Crystal Cove event of the past summer, at least the first part of it. Run around fighting monsters to collect things to trade for other things to trade for things that are actually useful.

I played for a couple of hours and got around 300 motes and 3 keys.

Zombies that were trying to sink back into the ground to get away from me were sort of funny. I must be scarier than I thought.

I didn't realize that it was a one night thing or I would have stuck around longer to get a cloak. The cloak is the only prize in the (at least the list on ddowiki) that would be useful to me. But I do want 2 per toon (ML4 for right now and ML8 for when I get to a higher level).
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 09-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Its nice to have the mabar back again! The lag is always going to be an issue, nice if they would fix it!! The only thing that i dont understand is, what is the Shadar-Kai doing in Delera's Graveyard?? It would be kinda cool if they were undead!!

Community Member

has this already been answered?

does the 1 tome per toon restriction apply just to current life or to toons future lifes also

so if a toon gets a tome theres no reason for that toon (in future lives) to ever run the event again for tomes?

Community Member cherokee83pride's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!

Mabar was the same ole Mabar, however there was a ton of griefing from lower level players in the 26-30 instance's. There would be tons of level 20-25 in the 26-30 instances causing the issue with the mobs being too low to grant any Bones, Skulls Etc. And they would not leave the instance and caused issues with 26-30 players. You guys could implement a level lock for the instance levels just as in the case for the Spectral Dragon. It would keep griefer's out and level ranges happy. Case in point there was a group of griefer's last night that purposely kept swapping instances and was agrevating people and once folks were in general chat asking them to leave, the lvl 20-25 griefer's said that the 26-30 people in the 26-30 instance were the griefer's. Again please just fix the instance zones allowing only that level range in them. Would make alot of players happy with Mabar if you did.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

I didn't realize that it was a one night thing or I would have stuck around longer to get a cloak. The cloak is the only prize in the (at least the list on ddowiki) that would be useful to me. But I do want 2 per toon (ML4 for right now and ML8 for when I get to a higher level).

Just an FYI....last night was a preview. They will bring it back closer to Halloween and run it for about 10 days. You should have no problems getting your cloaks. I wouldn't stop with the lvl 8 cloak...I would go ahead and get the 12 & 16 & 20 also. It should not be difficult.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default My first too

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    This is my first Mabar festival. So, I can't compare it to the past.

It seams to be very similar to the Crystal Cove event of the past summer, at least the first part of it. Run around fighting monsters to collect things to trade for other things to trade for things that are actually useful.

I played for a couple of hours and got around 300 motes and 3 keys.

Zombies that were trying to sink back into the ground to get away from me were sort of funny. I must be scarier than I thought.

It was my first time too and after I wikied it. The main item I'm after is the cloak as well, but would love to have a stash of those pumpkin grenades. I don't have a reference point for comparison either. Some of my observations are:

• It was funny to see the mummies slide around on their backs. I don't think that was intended.
    • I could not see the vampires and they don't seem to yield much loot. My arty dog would target them, so I was able to kill them by following the dog's ques. Out of all the vampires that I killed I only got 1 cursed finger bone. Doesn't seem like much loot for so much effort.
    • I did not get any motes, but I did get 3 stones, a few skulls, 1 key and tons of cursed finger bones.
    • I usually don't get lag or experience lag, but I had some last night and it seemed to last long after the event ended.
    • There was hardly anyone at the 12-17 level, so I spent my time in the 16-20 zone.
    • Was not able to get a full party to use my 1 key before the event ended. Since this was a flash event I'm sure more peeps will be around for kickoff.

I played on Sarlona last night.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast