Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Borris007 View Post
    Nice sneak peek but I noticed 2 problems, maybe it's just me but the monsters have a really weird target box I tried to cast spells on them and half the time it's like I hit nothing, not even miss, evade, or reflex save simply nothing. The other thing is the super quick reset of monsters in some occasion, like they spawn and litteraly 2 seconds after they reset and vanish...

I hope those issues will be fixed before the actual event.

Thanks for making events!
    you need to have more shadows, wraths, and specter on level 8-13 thx

Community Member

I really liked the updates, i only got to play on my main toon so this is from a L14-15 perspective
    i could use my old stuff which is fun cause otherwise why keep it?
    the invisible vampire on L12-17 was annoying only AOE when he was hitting people actually would connect at which he would instantly turn into bats and we would still be getting hit by him, so we had to AOE healing and constant fire spells to hit him
    the sleeping mummy that only got up to hit was kinda funny
    when facing the dragon there was no auto-team like in Crystal Cove that would be good to do so that the instance fills up and has a better chance of defeating the dragon as long as they are around the same levels (say 2 level + or - same as the enemies being too low to give stuff)
    when we defeated the dragon we were instantly transported to the instance for the highest team member or just auto-jumped into the L25-30 instance cause i was instantly killed by something that was L28
    anyways it was really fun and i loved the new items.

I really do like the Mabar event, but the lag makes it pointless and it's only gotten worse over the years, so if you cant fix the lag just scrap the event and give us something that works :/
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Just my two cents:

- I found out Mabar was up when suddenly the game almost came to a halt. It got normal a few minutes later, but this might not bode well.+
    - Vampires are doing the same stunt as Ogre Magi (since the U19) - become invisible and are still able to attack. The Vampires can be attacked, though, if you are lucky enough to strike them. No fangs, though. Vampires on other instances (Temple of Vol, for example) do not do this.
    - Playing the level 16 instance, I saw no new monsters, and I saw no level 28 version of items. Not sure this is intentional at this time.
    - Mummies rise from the air, instance of spawning under the ground.

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Played lvl 20-25 instance...never saw a singel vampire. Killed many litches and got not litch dust. Is this WAI?

Thumbs up mabar

so, i was so excited to see mabar... i didn't do it last time because there was no change or updates... i did it this time and got bored really fast. tried it on several different levels, solo and grouped. it all died and i got the loot! but it didn't count for much. are they planning to make this stuff (at least the skeletons and wraiths) available in the MM? I wanted vampires, and got none, zero sip, nada. when I can go in on a lvl 11 and run around on my lows and go into the high instances and survive, there is something wrong. the lag just about drove me nuts... expect a ton of people and adjust please!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    same old mabar....

Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    Need lv 28 items. I was really excepting cloak and robe that should be useful up to lv 30. Its pretty easy to upgrade them for example just give the robe necro focus +X (X being the top at lv 30), Void lore XX, nullification 138 and change the proc to inflict moderate wounds.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by waryJerry View Post
    I had two characters around level 15 try things out and both came across some sort of vampire who had fairly powerful attacks but couldn't be located (at least by me). This was a real pain in the butt when the thing was hanging around the turn-in jack-o-lantern.
    Unholy Blight is being cast by something. I notice swirling bats and a red splotch on ground but never see the monster, I suspect it is a vampire, but no confirmation.

Never saw one red named spawn.

I was on my level 16 character.

Monsters 6 levels less than my level were spawning.

No monsters higher than a level 14 spawned.

2 dragon runs. two fails. Just not enough participants at levels 16 or less.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

was there for 4 hours and enjoyed it! however, 1 signet per day really blows. No +6 tomes is a fail and needing 3 signets for a +5 tome means no chance of doing that in one night. the Mobs were great but the reward seems to low.

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Default Same concerns as every other Mabar, and the same response by Turbine

Basically - no response at all.

As others have asked - why even ask for our opinions and concerns when nothing at all appears to be done about them?

With that said, in the vain hope that anyone with the ability or desire to make any changes has actually read past page 1:

1 - Only ran for maybe an hour, mostly in a 13-17 group on my level 16 Cleric on Orien. Got lucky and got a dragon run in, no issues to report (other than BtC signets suck).

2 - Invisible Vampires are annoying as h*ll. Please fix.

3 - No Vampire fangs dropped that I could see in party chat.

Despite my comments above, I like the Mabar event and look forward to running it every time. Just wish some of the issues that have been in place since the first Mabar would be fixed someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Just doing a bit of brainstorming here but perhaps remove the level gating on the dragon instances completely. To compensate for low level characters and high levels in the same dungeon, make the mob CR vary wildly from area to area. Basically level gate the areas in the dungeon instead of the dungeon itself. SW corner is 1 - 8. SE corner is 9 - 16. NE corner is 17-22. NW corner is 23-28. Have players spawn into the dungeon into their appropriate areas. There are likely to be way more high level toons than low level toons so with some communication you can have each area manned. This would help by allowing all levels ranges to participate and keep empty dungeons to a minimum. There would have to be some odd code to scale the dragon between teleports, but it may be doable.

As for the lag, I'd start by minimizing the amount of mobs that spawn. I'm thinking one tough mob is better on lag than 5 weak mobs. Put a lock on summons and pets. It's unfortunate, but it would help reduce lag. If you absolutely have to, lock out all persistent AOE. Now I'm not a fan of doing these things, but if it is necessary to reduce lag, then I say it's the only way to keep the event enjoyable.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Played for a little bit on my lvl 25 FVS in 26 to 30 instance. Items of note:

1. Tons of shadar kai and lich spawns. Despite killing many liches, i never got dust.
    2. Never saw a vampire or any other undead. Lame. Is this Mabar or Shadowfell? My cleric used to have fun every year once a year at Mabar. Now i guess he will just sit in the closet gathering more dust.
    3. Liches were smokig me for around 400 damage at times. I am fine if i keep renewal up, but if not things got dangerous.
    4. I only got item drops, fingerbones, etc, a couple times for spending about half an hour killing shadarkai and liches. If drops are this bad and i cant have a killing spree on my cleric just turning every thing, then i see no reason to waste my time in Mabar this year.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post

As for the lag, I'd start by minimizing the amount of mobs that spawn. I'm thinking one tough mob is better on lag than 5 weak mobs. Put a lock on summons and pets. It's unfortunate, but it would help reduce lag. If you absolutely have to, lock out all persistent AOE. Now I'm not a fan of doing these things, but if it is necessary to reduce lag, then I say it's the only way to keep the event enjoyable.
    agreed
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Thumbs up Mabar, Festival of Endless Night

Thank You for the Darken skies once again...I enjoyed the new take to it..seperate instance a plus...come back demonic skies...I still need more un-dead trophies.

Please don't release it resembling anything like what it did in the preview. All of last years problems are still there with a few more added in as well as double the amount of lag.

The regulars are only going to run it once per day per char with keys that they have collected in previous years, leaving the summoning chamber to be opened exclusively by those collecting opals in the low level instances.

Considering the amount of lag we are subject to, the altars have far too little HP.

Latecomers are being subject to overflow instances that only have a tiny amount of players in them, which results in a guaranteed failed run.

Community Member

I ran the event in the 26-30 area on a 27 monk, and found the event to be decent.

It was far less crowded in the few instances I tried than in previous years which meant over all a noticeable drop in lag. After hunting for 45 minutes, and nailing 32 liches, and 78 vampires I walked away with 1 lich dust and 0 fangs. This seems a little excessive in my opinion, but to be honest I'm not sure what a fair drop rate would be exactly.

I liked the rewards for the signets, but found the cap of 1 signet per day to be rather restrictive. This leaves very little motivation to participate as there are also no lvl 26-28 upgrades to the items, and no new items purchasable through votes/scales/fangs/dust.

I missed out on the dragon last night, and as others have mentioned an announcement that the event has opened and will be closing in X minutes would be appreciated as running around hunting can become rather consuming, and one forgets to check in from time to time. While this is far from necessary, it seems like a simple and beneficial thing to have in place so folks can maximize their participation in the event.

I will say that the spawn rates seemed a little slow in the 26-30 area I was in, and that when stuff did spawn it often spawned in really large numbers. I'd make several laps without running into a single creature, and then suddenly one lap run into swarms of them. While large numbers of spawns are actually pretty good for the high levels, a higher rate of spawns over all would be beneficial as well.

Default Mabar: Festival of Endless Frustration

I have been pretty excited to see Mabar back this year, but after seeing no new items (again), same lag/mechanic issues (again), I'm not sure I'll even bother with it. This is sad because I dig it (thematically), but if I'm never going to be able to get a scale (without spending thousands of Motes- is it still 10,000?) to upgrade my items, why do it. The simple fact that you can spend hours with no XP and no loot, and then fail to get the one thing you need due to something completely outside of your control is immensely frustrating.

There are some really great suggestions throughout this thread, and hopefully someone will listen :/
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    I messed around a bit on my level 28 character, in the 26-30 zone and fought CR 22 Shadar-Kai (beings from the plane of shadow, not plane of endless night. But who cares about lore?) and got "The Creature was too weak to give rewards" a bunch.

I see the traditional loot hasn't been updated. So all the dragon scales, lich dusts, and vampire fangs that I saved from previous years are useless. And now there's Signets! Just like heroic commendations, Turbine has decided to make a new currency obsoleting our prior efforts. This one's even limited to one per day.

So... I'm going to maybe spend 20 minutes getting a few keys on chars that need them, and then wait 6+ hours for the 2 people who actually have stuff to grind on a new alt to grind out motes to open the dragon. Repeat. Ignore otherwise...
    Please reduce the turn-in on the dragon events, and increase the item drop rates (or unbug the drop rates, or both). Since the reward for signets is gated anyway, opportunity to actually get one would be nice for those folks who cannot play much, or are forced to play at off-peak times.

Other than that, the mobs were resetting much too quickly, and the usual aoe kill-stealers were doing their best to ruin the fun for everyone else. Now we have monks with all-is-nothing spam too

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default Lower level characters than the instance is intended for is a problem. GRRR!

A lower than level character of the level range the instance is intended for is a problem.

Monsters that were too low level were spawning and wasting my time. This happened a lot which must mean lower levels that should not be there were getting rewards or they would not be there in the first place. Or they were bored and were not getting rewards but wanted more of a challenge. Either way it is no fun to get the message that the monster was too low level, therefore you get nothing.

Private instances for solo or groups who want to do this would be better for the event or don't give them rewards for doing this so they don't do it, pure and simple.

I understand the need to want more of a challenge and go into the higher level range. For example: A level 16 going into the level 20-24 or something would be fun but it comprises the event and it is only a win for the level 16 and the level 20-24's are not benefiting from it.

The level 16 is feeding off the level 20-24 spawns that are created by those players who are at the appropriate level of the instance. The lower levels are not adding any enjoyment but to themselves and causing grief!

If a lower level character that should not be there is doing this then they should get a message: The monster you killed was very high level, good work! But the Mabar gods don't feel it is necessary to reward you, but yea good job anyway!

Also a message that says: The low level monsters you are spawning here are causing grief, please use a different level range appropriate to your level.

Am I right or what?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast