Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Community Member

It was an absolutely Lagtasic, Lagorama of Lagginess ...... Keep up the good work

I ran the Mabar and for the most part it was fun but the I only saw the Lich once on lv 16-20 but a lot of other red lords showed quite often. The mummy, I have to agree with others he'd pop up then lay down and the invisible vampire was a pain as only my pet was aware of where he was. I was only able to get into one raid once and had no choice on grouping as it threw me in the 20 to 24 range even with a 16 to 20 instance which probably would not have not been bad except about a minute before the Dragon lag hit the entire instance were nobody could move (Canith) and we had to wait until it timed out. I'm level 20. Hopefully some of these will get fixed and do the other Lords drop anything.

Well on the upside for Turbine, maybe people will start calling it Lagbar instead of Mayban.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Here's my two-cents worth:

1) I'm throwing my support (such as it matters) behind the concept of spawning mobs based on the *instance*, not the players. My monks would love to go higher and get a better challenge. My gimpy hagglebard, however, would prefer to go lower... lol But regardless, spawning based on players hanging around needs to go. Nothing should spawn that is "too low" for somebody at the top of the level range of an instance. The 20-24 instance should be spawning stuff at 22-26, etc. The only exception should be the 1-5 or whatever the lowest one is.

2) For the love of Lolth, drop the turn-in requirement. I spent close to two hours on Thelanis, it went from 11.5K when I started, to 6.2K about 10 minutes before it shut down. But 20K is way too high, especially with the large numbers of people actively avoiding it. Better yet, make it contingent on number of people farming (preferably actively farming, but I'll settle for just in the area, since the tech to figure that out obviously already exists). If you've only got one or two instances in every level range, the amount required should be way lower than the peak times when you have 5+ instances in a level range.

3) The invisible vampires were annoying. The mummies sliding around on their mechanic carts (y'know, those little platforms they use to slide under cars on) were hilarious. Fix the one, but feel free to keep the other.

3a) Are the invisible vampires related to the invisible dragon in the Storm Horns? Cousins, mebbe? Pets had no problem attacking them, much like hires have no problems with the invisible dragon.

4) Fangs. They need to drop. The red-names should automatically give fangs (preferably to a fair few people at once); the regular ones should have a chance if not guaranteed. Eh, probably not guaranteed, the way they spawn. But at least a decent chance.

5) I did a dungeon on my L11 monk on Cannith. Not game-crippling lag, and I suspect that part of what lag I experienced was as much do to all the character-hopping I did. Fairly smooth completion, but then again I was one of the first ones in rather than one of the last ones and thus had a fairly full dungeon , rather than nearly empty. As I said, didn't get a chance to do one on Thelanis.

5a) Had some noticeable lag running around the graveyard on Thelanis - worse than what little I experienced in the Cannith dungeon, actually. And that wasn't just me, because other party members on the other side of the country were noticing it.

6) BtC thingamabobbers (signets, mebbe)? Really? My gimpy hagglebard is not happy lol I *really* hope that "one per day" is per character and not per server, then. (Even being BtA, I'd hope it was per character, but I'd be ****ed if I suddenly realize I was on the wrong character when I got the first daily completion). I'm guessing the +5 tomes are BtC, but how 'bout the hats and augments? 'Cause it's worthwhile getting them if BtA, but I'm not gonna waste my time on a "maybe I'll use them" at BtC. But BtC needs to just GO AWAY and never return.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Default feedback on Mabar

Over all it was ok. Needs to be more Halloween decorations. Somehow need to control other partys or players outside of your personel party from stealing kills from your party. Need to not allow higher level characters in lower level instances. I was using a level 10 wizard and had some level 15+++ characters running around killing things before I could get a spell off. Also the drop rate was terrible. Some monsters would spawn then within 2 seconds later fade out. Also I noticed while I was in on my level (10) I would get a chance to kill a mob while the Higher level 15+ guys was not in my area just to get "monster was not high enough level to offer up anything" ???? Also on the dragon used a key to get in just to get thrown out because someone activated the alter before they was supposed to.

Community Member

The event has been updated with play for the new level cap, why have the rewards not also been updated? If a level 28 farms the event, in a zone specifically designed for his level, he should not be stuck with level 24 gear as the best he can get.

Cloak of Night, Wraps of Endless Light, Docent of Shadow, and Robe of Shadow all need level 28 versions, and I will not consider this event properly updated for the new level cap until they have them.

Default Stolen Key

First run on my main went great, lvl 20-25 instance got scale and signet. Second run on my healer the door opened, I used my key to go in, found myself back outside of the door with no key - was sad.
    Invisible lower level vampires were annoying also. I noticed them on the 15-20 instance of the graveyard.

Other than that it was Mabar, looking forward to lvl 25+ versions of the loot.
    Official Wearer of Purple Proud Member of Renowned Not Afraid to PUG
    Main: Janisis - Completionist currently Shiradi Tank. Alts: Janarch: Someday Divine Archer, Byeshk: Someday Swashbuckle Thrower (or not - alt damage interrupts daze effects )
    Long Live Cult of the Dragon

Learned:

PULLING LEVER TO LIGHT ALTAR WHEN DRAGON IS NOT THERE INCREASES SPAWNS DRAMATICALLY WHICH INCREASES LAG DRAMATICALLY.

Thank you DDO staffer for triggering a quick second dragon appearance.
    My first was a fail, with definitely lots of level pulling going on.
    My second with group leaders emphasizing no pull lever was a success.

Otherwise.
    Lich tended to get stuck in double building near central pond.
    Occasional, monster too low for rewards with no one under level 26 in sight.
    Failed run reported to take key, not sure if wai?
    Nice addition of tome, augment trader.

Red face . Mabar

It seems ok however, while inside I would like to use the hirelings. Just running around solo or trying to find a group waste too much time. Hirelings should be a part of the festival at least while inside the graveyard.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default How is a FOUR YEAR old MAJOR bug still around in a MAJOR game event? HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Belfaze View Post
    The dragon vault is fun, the rewards are good. The worst part is the utter hopeless and waste of time after waiting hours in the public instance killing monsters, earning no xp, renown or treasure, only to be stuck unable to move until you are killed or the mission is failed. It is something that frustrates players immensely due to the fact that they want the rewards, they give the time and have the skill to get them but the game steals it from under their noses.
    ^ THIS! ^

I simply cannot understand how this very very MAJOR issue...the dragon chamber parties being totally frozen and unable to operate...can still be around. EVERY other bug is annoying to someone, but this is totally crippling to the event! HOW...CAN...TURBINE...PROGRAMMERS...NOT...FIX...ON E...SERIOUS...ISSUE...in four years of the event!? WHAT is the point of farming the event so as to open the dragon chamber only to freeze in place for no rewards?

The freeze up of the dragon instances deserves full attention before you release the event again. I will write another post on what occurred with our party during our farming in the graveyard itself for more constructive feedback.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Don't like that there's lvl22 mobs in the 26-30 instances If you're 28 then you're too high for them...There's a lack of spawns but it seems better then last year. Lack of ml28 items sucks too, no more +6 tomes made the only item I wanted was the pumpkin hat..may get a +5 on a character or two.

Glad to see Mabar coming back around.

the good
    Am enjoying having the Shadar Kai and succubi tossed into the mix.

Looking forward to grabbing a couple of the augments.

Also have a couple of alts in need of some of the original Mabar gear.

Still love the theme and mood for this event. It's still the best in that department.

Signets. An interesting twist. Fair enough.

the bad
    26-30 dragon instance lagged out every time the gargoyles spawned in, eventually failed. Ran it the next time on a level 15 cleric and didn't see more than a slight hiccup. Sad, my main was looking forward to grabbing some signets too.

Ran around for 3+ hours and didn't see any red-named ...anythings. WAI?

Found liches dust, kinda rare, but ok. Didn't see 1 fang drop though. Killed lotsa vamps.

Invisible vamps. After my cleric ran out of turn undeads and SP, it wasn't nearly as funny.

Spawn rates seem better but are still pretty slim compared to crystal cove. People are kind of desperate for kills.

Received the " too low for rewards" message quite a bit too, as a level 27 in the 26-30 instance and also as a level 15 in the 12-17 instance and the 16-20 instance.

It's a long time between Dragon raids. Any chance of turning down the requirements to get in?

The mechanics for getting rewards might be worth mentioning again (who is eligible, do you have to kill, etc.).

If using AOE's still has a reduced chance of earning rewards, please let people know. I know it did when Mabar was first being introduced years ago, just not sure if that's still the case.

I thought the mobs in instances were hard-locked last year, i.e. CR16-20 would only generate creatures in the 16-20 range. If someone below level 16 entered, they generated spawns as if they were a level 16, and if they were above 20 they spawned as if they were a 20th level. If that is the case, it's not working quite right. For clarity sake, please let us know how it's supposed to be functioning.

ty for the preview

Community Member

Default Mabar....Meh

Ok so I gave the little preview a try. Was not impressed. Used my lvl 21 arty and played around in delera's for a couple of hours. Most of that time was watching my bolts wiz past everything. There needs to be a better way to target them. Drop rates are horrid at best. In the 5 hours i spent in there.....i got oh ****! My worthless mutt had better luck attacking things then I did with my repeater, and rune arm. As for all the lag....did not really see any of it. Oh and BTC!?! That **** needs to go away and stay away.

Community Member

Thumbs up My 1st mabar experience (Khyber)

1hr 37min run; 6 keys (5 now), 1769 motes, one signet , one scale ...ranger lvl 18...no lag...so

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default Mabar Sneak Attack Experience

Went in on L16-L20 instance on my L15 arty.

1) Vampires were invisible (and not just 'vanishing' and returning, but constantly invisible) and untargetable (by players). It's possible that I did hit some vamps (heard something hit, not sure if vamps) but no visiual indication of hits (no floating numbers). I did not check combat log to see if they registered there. Vampire Lords (red named) seemed to be visible and targetable.

1A) Pets could track and attack vamps with no problems.
    1B) Zero fangs dropped. May need to increase drop rate (don't want them dropping like rain, but don't want an absolute drought, either).

2) Often, but not always, newly spawned mummies were supine (that's "lying face up"). More often than not, they would slide around on their backs when "chasing". Sometimes thay would briefly stand, but then go back into supine position.

3) Saw (1) lich - no dust dropped (as far as I could tell). Again, may need to increase drop rate.

4) Glad to see giant skellies are gone - they just didn't 'feel' right last year.

5) Would like to be able to 'soft target' new, inactive spawns when reticle passes over them. Hard targetting only after they are active is good.

6) Did not have time to do a dragon run, so no comments on that portion.

7) I do not normally complain about "lag", but ran into some cripling lag in graveyard area (for the first time - ever - with this event) - note that this was NOT during a dragon session. I could move, and shoot OK, but others around me looked like they were 'skipping' some frames. Zero hits (via x-bow or spells) were visulally indicated, mobs appeared to be stationary and not taking damage.

8) Would like to see an increase in the time/distance active mobs will chase you before rubber-banding.

9) Only new mob seen was "night shadow" - probably due to L16-L20 area.

10) Some complained that the CR level of the mobs should be strictly based on instance lvel, not toon level - lowest level mob I saw was CR12, which is probably low-end for L16 and below? If not, then yes, I agree - for examlple, an L16-L20 instance should only have mobs appropriate for those levels, regardless of toon level (i.e. if an L1 enters instance, the lowest CR he should encounter is whatever is the lowest CR mob for an L16 toon; an L28 entering should only get mobs appropriate for L20 toons and if that means no drops for the L28s, then so be it - they should be in higher instances). Exception: Vampires should spawn in all instances (maybe liches to?).

Um...that's all I can think of for now. Though somebody is probably going to mention the lack of promised updated loot (but that's not surprising to me for this one-day 'test'). Hope bugs get worked out before actual even - would hate to see it go up, just to almost immediately come right back down and be unavailable for a week or so. {What?}

Still had fun.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Our Parties Experience in the Mabar preview

We maintained a raid party in the 20-25 instance averaging 9 players for approximately 2 1/2 hours.

1) Mobs seemed to spawn with decent frequency. Often when we were all close together the mobs spawned in huge...mobs...of 10 or more.

2) No one in our group received lich dust. I asked them all to report if they did and I scanned the chat box log as we killed liches repeatedly. One fellow did report having received a lich dust earlier in the evening with a lvl 26 toon in the lvl 26 and up instance. Again, ZERO lich dust for our entire group in lvl 20-25 instance despite killing many liches (red named and non red named).

3) No vampire fangs reported received by any in our group for the entire evening.

4) No Burnt Out Black Opals received for our group. That said, we seemed to receive Chipped Skulls and Cursed Finger Bones with good frequency; no one in our party complained of lack of collectables in regards to the Skulls and Finger Bones.

5) Slow down frame rate, or LAG: In the graveyard, many of our party experienced (me included) the game slowing down to near total freeze up quite often during large number mob spawns.

6) We entered one Dragon instance as a party during the run; result was failure due to low player population. We had 1 player in a room who was killed quickly by gargoyles and then the gargoyles destroyed the altar. (From a personal view point: This is not so terribly frustrating as is failing due to the instance freezing as I posted earlier. Sad that those last in will possibly get into a low population instance, but the math of it is that it will be tough for the last instance spawned to have an optimal number.)

In summation: We had issues with frame rate/lag in the graveyard; We garnered a decent amount of collectables (Chipped Skulls and Cursed Finger Bones) for motes; We garnered NO Lich Dust (this despite many lich kills by the party over 2 1/2 hours of farming), We garnered no Vampire Fangs. The Liches cast some mean spells...we had deaths during our farming, but no one thought it too much and complained about the dying; our healers raised the dead, rebuffed them, and we continued. We also had fun chatting with each other while farming in a raid party.

PS: The lvl 25 toons in our group did get the *mobs too low* messages enough to voice a little frustration with it. They deduced that the skeletons spawning were too low for them, and tried to avoid the skeletons. They seemed to still get decent drop rate of Finger Bones and Chipped Skulls with the number of higher level mobs that spawned.
    Last edited by Thumbed_Servant; 09-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Community Member

Two issues:
    * Things were spawning in the level 26-28 instance that were "too weak" to give my level 28 cleric a reward. I would expect to see this in the shared instance, but not in the level-specific one.
    * It appears that Night Litches are immune to spells of levels 5 and lower? However, they should not be immune to Avenging Light, an epic spell-like, unless they're supposed to be immune to light as well.

Community Member

Default Mabar closed already?

Mabar closed already?

What about players with jobs?

Don't we get a preview?

Geoff.

the new augments are nice

sad that the +6 tome did not go live

overall I hate the Mabar event every time it comes but every time I do it (at least a little).

sure the cloak is nice and I want some augments

But please, give use some XP for slaying 100's of mobs or at least let the mobs go into monster manual.

Community Member

Level 3 played on 1-5 instance on Orien. Had fun killing zombies, didn't get our one try at dragon completion because not enough people at this level, and those who were often didn't have a clue what was going on. A guide link to sign in screen would be useful, and maybe have too small groups only have to cover two of the alters or something.

The zombies would sometimes come out and then go back underground leaving just a red bar above them to show where to hit. They still took damage. Some zombies just seemed to disappear for no apparent reason. These were not the ones underground or the ones timing out much too soon. I would have liked more frequent spawnings that lasted longer.

We had people above level in our area. While they didn't cause us trouble, I would like to add to the recommendations to base monsters on the instance recommended level rather than the characters' levels. The main reason players go out of their recommended levels is because they want a different challenge. Sending monsters their level after them just causes problems for everyone. If you can't do that maybe limit players to their recommended instances.

I was disappointed that the +6 tomes had not made the journey out of Lamannia. If that was deemed too powerful maybe limit players to buying two +5 tomes rather than one. I'd really prefer the +6.

Edit to add: we had no problem with lag in the lowest level instance, but we did notice more when we stopped doing Mabar.
    Last edited by Aerinsma; 09-25-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast