Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You saw them too?!?

Indeed. The lvl13 cool guy posted right above you lol. :P

Default Good Bad & Ugly

Good to see new monsters

Bad - The kills did not register for MM . no drops of items when reds where killed

Ugly - Lag inside the dungeon 3x time failed - Under 26 . This needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Actually, near as I can tell the "spawn griefing" is a myth. I think this is one thing they actually did fix.

I just spent over an hour in the 26-30 zone with my level 13. Not one single solitary mob below CR20 ever spawned. It was liches and shadar-kai, just like everyone else spawned.

(And no, I wasn't trying to grief anyone. I was killing the mobs.)

I know people are getting those "too low" messages, but it's something else causing them.

Then why can I go find a corner and have absolutely no prob's or too low messages? I sat by Val's tower for about 30mins and everything went fine.

There were a few things that seemed to need fixing. First off, I was using a level 4 monk, and tried both the 1-5 and 3-7 versions.

One thing seems that there should be more level gating in the graveyard, I saw a couple level 20+ who were running around just to seemingly create trouble by wiping out the undead before anyone else could do anything.

The second is that the undead need to respawn faster when there are more players in the zone, if not a straight up one. I'd love to see the zombie apocalypse feel in the game for it

Community Member

Default only suggestion i have......

Only thing i could suggest is what has been suggested last year as well, Make the, ummm say levels 26 - 30 areas only spawn thing around them lvls and BAM problem solved.

Community Member

Default Mabar feedback

Level 20+, maybe more players, couldn't complete Spectral Dragon fight due to immense lag.
    Level 15-19, completed easily, got signet and 2 scales.
    Level 10-14, not enough players, altar got smashed and raid failed.

Graveyard mobs: went through a long spurt where only fingers and skulls were dropping for entire party. Opals and Keys became extremely rare (as in not dropping at all).

Lots of participants and LFMs up, but mostly for levels 15+.

Overall, fun times, but lag ruined it for most of the high level players (which was most participants).
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Community Member

Default Mabar Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Tonight only (6:00 PM until 12:00 AM Eastern, -4 GMT!) Visit Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to see a special preview of the Mabar Festival of Endless Night! Once you're done, come back here and tell us about your experience! Thanks, and have fun!
    It was OK... I did not like the lack of sensitivity. I'm an Artificer and I couldn't hit anything. I had to keep calling my pet and wait until my pet started a fight so that I could kill things. Took a long time and got boring following and calling my pet. My husband was a Ranger and had the same difficulties. We had a spell caster that couldn't cast... he could only hack and slash. Big bug I think... but the premise is good! :-)

Default Two Completely Different Experiences

First the good - L9 TR'd Pally went in the 8-13 level on Sarlona, played for about an hour, got 951 motes, 3 keys, killed 1 dragon (no lag here, great group), got scale, got signet, traded in motes for the L4 cloak, and have a good start for the live event - all was great.

Then the bad - my L25 Rogue, in the 20-25 level, oh jeez - first encounter with the Shadar-Kai since I don't have the ShadCon pack - never want to see another one again. Ran into several of those with the stunning swinging chain - minus 50 HP, minus 60 HP, etc. etc. then DEAD. I've had virtually no trouble with this toon in any undead realm (love taking him into the Wiz-King), had all of my insta-kill weapons equipped (disruption, holy, nightmare, Ring of the Stalker), tried blocking, couldn't increase my AC, non healer (of course) - all to no avail. Had no trouble with the liches. So, after about 7 trips back to the tavern to heal up and less than 100 motes, I quit. Maybe I just need enlightenment on exactly what kills a Shadar-Kai and what is the best defense against those stinkin' chains!!

This actually happened in opposite order but I wanted to start with the good first Granted, I was soloing because I just felt like it this evening. Drops were good for the most part. On my Rogue, way too many "level too low to drop" kills (when I could kill 'em - ha). See no way of soloing with the Rogue toon, so in order to get that really nice cloak he's always wanted, I'll just find a good group.

One note: Several spawns were right on top of one another with no distinction until you started swinging, there's one ghoul, one wight, one spectre, all originating from the same spot simultaneously. Not too troublesome for my Pally, but could be bothersome to others.

I agree also that 20,000 turn-ins is excessive, many players don't stick around for 2-3 hours waiting for the door to open. Maybe when live there will be more players and faster turn-ins, but in comparison to CC, this is way too long.

All-in-all it seems that this year is better than last (I joined DDO in the middle of Mabar last year).

Community Member

This was disappointing. If you are a high DPS character, you can get some drops, or if you simply like grinding. My sorc is too high level (only 19) to get any drops at the highest level of Mabar. Nothing dropped. Got in a group w/ another toon at lower level, and got some stuff, but I hate grinding and my Favored soul just doesn't do the damage of a Sorceror, Wizard, or Cleric for undead. If you love to grind for things (and we know DDO is loaded w/ stuff such as crafting, greensteel, etc that requires grinding), then Mabar is right up a player's alley. I won't be doing any more Mabar this year.

I also hate the setup of Mabar in that you compete w/ everyone else, your own party included, for drops, stealing kills from everyone else, or trying to stay away so you don't do that, and then, what's the point of being in a party if you have to stay away from your party members? I was told being in a party would result in me getting some drops from other party members, but my experience was that in a half hour I got exactly one drop for something I didn't kill personally.

Community Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If you truely wish to farm, you solo, honestly. It was not group friendly in the past.
    I was not here on the past. Im giving feedback based on what I actually played.

I kept playing solo to test the post that said the first hit gets the drop.
    This should be clear somewhere btw.
    So, after more 20 minutes on 16-20 zone which was quite empty I noticed that when any creature was "shared", that is, more than one person hit it, I didnt get anything.
    Based on the info that first hits gets it all, i would just jump into 4-5 mobs and throw aoes.
    After 20 mins doing that to every group of mobs i encountered, i got nothing from the ones other ppl also hit or killed.
    That being said, it is not my job to discover if I get a reward by hitting first, last or doing more dmg. This should be stated somewhere.
    Anyway if any of those are true (first, last or more dmg) in a public instance its just bad design. Ranged and caster types can hit first easier than most. Casters can also aoe from affar. Last hitting would also favor high dmg characters and more dmg too.
    So, as a player, I shouldn´t be fighting other players for creatures in an event, unless it is PvP oriented.

Anyway, from my gaming experience a good event should not make players hate each other because they are low lv on a high lv instance or because they steal their kills.

Basically, what makes sense to me is:

- Should be clear from the start how to get rewards.
    - Should be group instanced.
    - Should distribute loot on a round-Robin fashion to the group.

Thats my feedback and sugestions.
    And please fanboys, they asked for feedback, im giving it, so stop whinning.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ran on my level 28 defender paladin.

Was logged in for the last 1.5 hours of the event (roughly my normal play time). Mabar opened right as I logged in and since I had keys from previous years I jumped in.
    Horrible lag and we failed. According to the DM we actually failed and it took another ~10 minutes before the lag subsided enough to actually kick everyone out.

I ran around the graveyard solo for about 30 minutes and collected 1 lich dust 9 skulls and 20 finger bones. I occasionally got a "This creature is to low a level" message but it was usually a group of mobs so I am not sure what I was hitting. (I "think" it was a different kind of shadar kai)

The dragon did not even come close to opening again so it looks like I may have trouble even getting in one run per day.

Community Member

I played a lower lvl toon, had no probs. Loved it, just wasn't long enough I've been waiting for mabar all yr. I got a cloak while in there.

Community Member

Thumbs up Mabar was great!

Invisible Vampires are AWESOME!! Great challenge for us Sorcs with AOE spells. No lag problems on Orien.

Hero

Did Mabar on level 27 monk with wife and later a few friends. Did dragon twice and both were fails. First maybe have been lack of co-ordination which is understandable for the first run of the year. Second was due to major lag. Wife was in SE. I was in SW. Both had 6-7 toons. Everything froze up and just watched a dozen gargoyles destroy both altars. Very frustrating. Hopefully this can be addressed by the full launch of Mabar.

Things I noticed in the Graveyard:
    - no red names in 26+. If I remember only red name vamps drop fangs now. Didn't get any from the normal vamps in that level range. Also would have liked to see red names versions of all the other enemy types spawn.
    - drops and spawns were relatively reasonable. That is a good thing.
    - Shadar-Kai. I feel like they don't belong in Eberron. I think there should be another living type that is more Eberron-style and at some point a new Hallowe'en event be made for Forgotten Realms which they can be included.
    - Enemies too weak for rewards. In 26+ getting CR22 enemies. I'm sure they're being spawned by those at 26 but for those 27 & 28, we don't get anything. Maybe make the min spawns CR25 so it'll be less frustrating.

Oveall I had fun tonight. I didn't expect too much as I know some things need to be worked out. Previews are good for catching those things. Best of luck to the devs who are handling it.

Community Member

Default Hit or Miss....mostly miss

Okay is it just me or did it take forever just to hit one thing? half the time the monsters were passive to the point to where when you hit them a bunch of zeros popped over their head. They also disappeared constantly spell would virtually not hit anything, and the random ethereal key drop rate was too low...not for me I hot seven in a row but my friend only got a key like 15 minutes before it ended. These issues are understandable as this is a preview, but still I hope these issues are dealt with in the final festival. Still an awesome game. Keep up the good work Turbine!
    Last edited by An0ddDragon; 09-24-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by puberdade View Post
    I was not here on the past. Im giving feedback based on what I actually played.

I kept playing solo to test the post that said the first hit gets the drop.
    This should be clear somewhere btw.
    So, after more 20 minutes on 16-20 zone which was quite empty I noticed that when any creature was "shared", that is, more than one person hit it, I didnt get anything.
    Based on the info that first hits gets it all, i would just jump into 4-5 mobs and throw aoes.
    After 20 mins doing that to every group of mobs i encountered, i got nothing from the ones other ppl also hit or killed.
    That being said, it is not my job to discover if I get a reward by hitting first, last or doing more dmg. This should be stated somewhere.
    Anyway if any of those are true (first, last or more dmg) in a public instance its just bad design. Ranged and caster types can hit first easier than most. Casters can also aoe from affar. Last hitting would also favor high dmg characters and more dmg too.
    So, as a player, I shouldn´t be fighting other players for creatures in an event, unless it is PvP oriented.

Anyway, from my gaming experience a good event should not make players hate each other because they are low lv on a high lv instance or because they steal their kills.

Basically, what makes sense to me is:

- Should be clear from the start how to get rewards.
    - Should be group instanced.
    - Should distribute loot on a round-Robin fashion to the group.

Thats my feedback and sugestions.
    And please fanboys, they asked for feedback, im giving it, so stop whinning.
    I agree completely. From comments, most people love Mabar, just not me, and maybe a few others. The anti-group thing, where I feel like I am fighting other players for loot, is why I hate it, but I also don't like the PvP stuff, so what do I know? If this could be more group friendly, I would enjoy it more.

Community Member

Default Fun Times all around!!

Had a great time; spawn rate was much better than last year as the level 20 areas were practically dead (no pun intended) with enemies and the ones that did spawn were a tad overpowered, glad to see that fixed My only problem were some latency issues in the first dragon instance that resulted in a loss, but I love the prizes, can't wait to get that pumpkin helmet! to be honest I'd love to perhaps see the hats on the store as seasonal items after this year. In any case; fantastic, can't wait for the real thing!

Hero

One thing I forgot.

- Signets. Since I didn't get any successful dragons runs, I'm not sure if it's one per account per day or one per character per day. If it's one per account then I'd suggest making them bta. Depending on what friends are doing I would choose a different toon. If I have 5 signets spready over 3-5 toons nothing is going to get done. I'd moreso suggest having one per character and keeping it btc. Then I could do a couple dragon runs and work on a few toons at a time.

Community Member

Default A different approach to special events - a proposal

Heres the deal. First, I like the idea of having something different to do. These special events are good.

However, Mabar, Crystal Cove, Ice Games all have the same problem. You do the same thing for hours at a time to collect many, many parts that you can redeem for items or item upgrades. This is not fun for me, it is a slog that I must endure because my guildies do not want to miss out on something. By the end of CC, I am thinking that I am a kobold that is going to have fresh rat tonight, it even sounds yummy.

How about this. Develop a rotating serious of monthy/holiday/seasonal quest chains that are actually games. Perhaps for Mabar a quest series that involves a haunted house. For summer time a quest series that involves going to a resort/vacation area. A different quest chain that is relevant to the time of the year.

These could be sold like another challenges pack. Several difficulty levels to match the spectrum of toon levels. You could still have zillions of bits and bobs awarded during the quests. Those items could be redeemed for items or upgrades.

T would make some bucks by selling a new pack/packs. I would have something to run all my toons through each season that is not the stock quests. Plus, I would not be stuck in the same graveyard or cave, doing the same thing repeatedly for a month.

Community Member

Default And then there was the lag...

Oh did someone mention that already?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast