Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default mired in kobolds is busted

cant damage the crystal for optinal

I ran into this a couple of weeks back too, but prior to U19 I don't remember it being broken.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    cant damage the crystal for optinal
    Yeah, I had to use the hand of the tombs runearm last time I ran it.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Sat or Sun

Quote Originally Posted by gzargel View Post
    Yeah, I had to use the hand of the tombs runearm last time I ran it.
    I had that problem Sat or Sun when we ran it on Sarlona. I was able to get it with my rune arm as well (Hand of Tombs/Exploding Cannon Shot). My repeater was NOT affecting it at all!
    Last edited by Livmo; 09-24-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Community Member

The one down in the optional wing, you mean? Yeah that happened to me, only ran it once (on my Ranger) though, didn't think it was a recurring glitch.

Community Member

Yeah, reported this when I ran into it a month ago. Monk, and nothing worked - shuriken, bow, ki bolts... hireling couldn't hit it either, and died trying. *sigh* I thought maybe the "stable" part of the crystal had something to do with it, but I couldn't find anything on the forums or wiki. Pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I had that problem Sat or Sun when we ran it on Sarlona. I was able to get it with my rune arm as well (Hand of Tombs/Exploding Cannon Shot). My repeater was affecting it at all.
    Now I know, I'll have to splash 2 levels of arti on my FvS... /cry.

As I recall it's vulnerable to burst elemental area attacks. Fireball in particular worked whilst Ice Storm and Wall of Fire did not.

It's a real pain in the keister for sure.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Fireballwands?

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    As I recall it's vulnerable to burst elemental area attacks. Fireball in particular worked whilst Ice Storm and Wall of Fire did not.

It's a real pain in the keister for sure.
    Good info, ty.

I know not everyone has a rune arm or is a caster, but I wonder if a Wand of Fireball will do the trick as well as arty/caster?

Ona side note I got this from Diplomatic Impunity recently and its an elemental burst item:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Wand_of_Blasting

Wand of Blasting works fine as I recall. I am pretty sure that is what we used the last run I did.

Comet fall would not work, I kept getting either blocked, or out of range?

I was able to break it with sonic blast.

Huh, did this recently. Couldn't damage the crystal. But could just walk up to the force field and use it as a door. Which let me talk to the wayfinder and get the optional XP.

Community Member

Did you complete the quest before you tried to break it?

No, hadn't completed the quest yet. Just passed through, pretty sure the kobolds around the optional were all dead. Fired some arrows at the crystal and didn't see and hit indicators or damage. Then went to the place where the force field in front of the wayfinder way. Used it. IIRC, the forcefield changed from red to pink, was able to passthrough, talk to the wayfinder and open the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    Huh, did this recently. Couldn't damage the crystal. But could just walk up to the force field and use it as a door. Which let me talk to the wayfinder and get the optional XP.
    THIS.

I recall on one of the runs doing this just before our caster took out the crystal (not sure what they used at the time). Was able to talk to her through the forcefield, didn't get through it though as just as I was finishing the conversation the crystal was destroyed.

Haven't bothered to bug report it because the group has been busting through the quest at a quick pace and I didn't want to endup piking half of it while I struggled to actually log a bug.

Oh good, so it's not just me. Ran this with my ranger (lvl 12 or 13 at the time, don't recall which), and had been going great with the other crystals except that one. Was using a Flaming longbow. Got to talk to the Wayfinder but couldn't get the chest and the crystal stayed "stable," no busting. Sigh.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (26 Tempest), Heldre (17 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (13 Ranger), Alansa (22 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (26 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (16 Druid)

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default Yea me too.

Had this same problem too. A caster had to destroy it. My Arrows did nothing to it.

I think it is one of those bugs that is a happy accident. In my opinion it just means a balanced group is needed for this quest. After all it has two Dragons in it.

Community Member

even if you can't break the crystal I've been able tot alk to the girl through the shield and still get the exp just no chests. aoe splash attacks like acid blast and sonic attacks seem to bypass whatevers blocking the crystal.

I ran across this last night and just assumed it was a *really* stable power crystal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast