Community Member

Default Power Critical stacking

I searched the forums and could not find an updated thread on this so I am still a little unclear. I am a lvl28 3rd life monk and have always taken the power critical feat. It was just habit i guess, seemed like it was a good thing. I currently am wearing a +10 seeker item. My question is a two parter mayhap.

1. Do they stack to give me +12 to confirm and to damage(before whatever)?
    2. If they do stack, can anyone tell me what kind of damage difference we are talking if I were to drop PC? (I am no mathologist, math is the devil's work)

Any other information regarding this feat and if one should or should not take it would be helpful (I know there are tons of possible builds etc that might sway a person in one direction or another, I am speaking in general...if it matters)

Thank you for your input!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by str8nger View Post
    I searched the forums and could not find an updated thread on this so I am still a little unclear. I am a lvl28 3rd life monk and have always taken the power critical feat. It was just habit i guess, seemed like it was a good thing. I currently am wearing a +10 seeker item. My question is a two parter mayhap.

1. Do they stack to give me +12 to confirm and to damage(before whatever)?
    2. If they do stack, can anyone tell me what kind of damage difference we are talking if I were to drop PC? (I am no mathologist, math is the devil's work)

Any other information regarding this feat and if one should or should not take it would be helpful (I know there are tons of possible builds etc that might sway a person in one direction or another, I am speaking in general...if it matters)

Thank you for your input!
    It has never stacked IIRC.

Community Member

I do not recall seeing anything in the log showing that they do not stack, but then I do not recall seeing anything that they do...hell, I dont even know if those types of things show up in the log. I want to drop the feat if it is redundant...I just need some solid info on that...and if i recall, this feat has undergone many changes over the years...

Community Member

Generally feats stack with any other source of something, with a few exceptions that are usually well-stated (like IC and Keen).

However, +2 Seeker for a feat is exceedingly pointless. You can assume that you'll pretty much always confirm your crits, so you're just talking about +2 damage to crits. Assuming the best base crit profile I think there is (30%/x3), you're talking about adding 1.8 damage to each attack. Even on something crazy like 40%/x5, its still only 4 extra damage per attack, less than adding a 1d8 red augment.

I cant imagine a build that's so feat-flushed that you'd run out of better options before taking Power Crit

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Generally feats stack with any other source of something, with a few exceptions that are usually well-stated (like IC and Keen).

However, +2 Seeker for a feat is exceedingly pointless. You can assume that you'll pretty much always confirm your crits, so you're just talking about +2 damage to crits. Assuming the best base crit profile I think there is (30%/x3), you're talking about adding 1.8 damage to each attack. Even on something crazy like 40%/x5, its still only 4 extra damage per attack, less than adding a 1d8 red augment.

I cant imagine a build that's so feat-flushed that you'd run out of better options before taking Power Crit
    Pretty much this ^

If you want to see how it affects your build specifically it will be 2*(critical multiplier)*(critical chance as a decimal) for the per attack average.

Community Member

Thank you folks very much...that is exactly what i needed to hear...much appreciated