Default Diamond of Endless Night

Could the defs plz make the Ruby of Endless Night a Diamond?

This way we finally have augment to slot into Celestia?

Yes, pls...

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Could the defs plz make the Ruby of Endless Night a Diamond?

This way we finally have augment to slot into Celestia?
    I suspect it would cause issues when people put it into a colorless slot on their goggles (or whatever other non-weapon they have with a slot)

Either it would do nothing and people would complain or it would work and people would complain.

What's the Minimum Level of the Ruby anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Melt-emi View Post
    What's the Minimum Level of the Ruby anyway?
    Said to be ml: 1.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Said to be ml: 1.
    will be declared not wai and changed to 28 in six months. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    will be declared not wai and changed to 28 in six months. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?
    The only time I'd really bother with it is in EE content anyway. I personally don't have the toolkits available to keep taking this out and reslotting it in higher level gear as I advance, but others might. I would put it on a Dreamspitter, but can't because it doesn't have a slot. A 1 in 20 chance at a neg level is huge potential dps on EE but it's very meh on anything low level I'd think.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The only time I'd really bother with it is in EE content anyway. I personally don't have the toolkits available to keep taking this out and reslotting it in higher level gear as I advance, but others might. I would put it on a Dreamspitter, but can't because it doesn't have a slot. A 1 in 20 chance at a neg level is huge potential dps on EE but it's very meh on anything low level I'd think.
    I wonder if it stacks with the level drain on Nightmare? (or any weapon with life stealing and a red slot)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I wonder if it stacks with the level drain on Nightmare? (or any weapon with life stealing and a red slot)
    I hope so. They are both slightly different effects so my assumption is that they stack, but it's entirely possible that one will overwrite the other, even potentially making the item worse with the augment on than without.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I hope so. They are both slightly different effects so my assumption is that they stack, but it's entirely possible that one will overwrite the other, even potentially making the item worse with the augment on than without.
    That's what I am worried about as well. It will be a pain to test if it is working correctly also. Seeing if the regular level drain still goes off on criticals will be easy enough but figuring out if I'm draining 1-3 levels on a 20 or 2-4 levels....

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    That's what I am worried about as well. It will be a pain to test if it is working correctly also. Seeing if the regular level drain still goes off on criticals will be easy enough but figuring out if I'm draining 1-3 levels on a 20 or 2-4 levels....
    The 4 will give it away the first time it will show up. But it's two effect so you'll probably see a 1 and a (1|2|3)?

And the ml:1 doesn't really matter, as on the low levels the damage you'll do on a 20 is more then -1 level.

Community Member

I personally don't have the toolkits available to keep taking this out and reslotting it in higher level gear as I advance, but others might.
    Which, of course, is the real reason for these augments being added to Mabar at all.

I still haven't even made the one that combines the voice and worldshaper cloak, because I'm not coughing up 150 TP every time I want to move it around. In fact, I'm getting rather turned off of augments in general -- it's one thing to offer them in the store as an alternative, another when they are so rare in game that the store is the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Which, of course, is the real reason for these augments being added to Mabar at all.

I still haven't even made the one that combines the voice and worldshaper cloak, because I'm not coughing up 150 TP every time I want to move it around. In fact, I'm getting rather turned off of augments in general -- it's one thing to offer them in the store as an alternative, another when they are so rare in game that the store is the only option.

You can go out and grind multiple voices and cloaks to get more then that one augment, can't you?

Community Member

You can go out and grind multiple voices and cloaks to get more then that one augment, can't you?
    Yeah, and I can give myself a root canal with a pair of pliers too, I suppose, which would be only slightly less fun.

I like the concept of the augment system, but it is right now too heavily tilted to requiring store purchases. I don't mind doing it to some extent, and even bought a ten-pack of jeweler's kits when they were on sale. But as usual, Turbine is being completely ham-handed about it, which is a big turnoff and will end up netting them less money than if they were a bit more reasonable about how it's implemented.

Yeah, and I can give myself a root canal with a pair of pliers too, I suppose, which would be only slightly less fun.

I like the concept of the augment system, but it is right now too heavily tilted to requiring store purchases. I don't mind doing it to some extent, and even bought a ten-pack of jeweler's kits when they were on sale. But as usual, Turbine is being completely ham-handed about it, which is a big turnoff and will end up netting them less money than if they were a bit more reasonable about how it's implemented.
    I completely agree. Seeing augments is fairly common, but seeing any of the ML28 augments is EXTREMELY rare. Which is bogus and another deliberate cash-grab.

Any time you are running any of the Wheloon and especially the Stormhorn quests on EE, any augments you pull should always be ML28 versions. It's ridiculous to pull anything less. It's particularly insulting when you have any kind of loot bonus running on top of it all, and you still pull 30 or 35 resist augments.

Community Member

I'm level 13 right now with most of 14 and 15 banked, and I've pulled exactly one augment this life. That's too rare for a system this widely used.

Personally I just put it on a craftable item. You can disjunct and recraft the item without losing the augment in the slot, thus allowing it to follow you as you level up. This does require you to always keep a crafted item slotted, but I found that less annoying than having to keep the cloak or trinket on even at high levels.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Well, if it's not fun...

I'd like to try it on a unlock nightmare or maybe double crossbow just to see how often it procs.