Default What happened to the Monster Manual Volumes?

It's been 8 months since we had a new volume for the monster manual. Surely it doesn't take that long to make them. Everyone I know in game are willing to pay for more volumes, please, allow us to give you our money!

Almost 8 months since a raid, probably what 2 years since a cannith crafting update, how many years since a cc loot update (worthless flask and rune arm not counted)

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Almost 8 months since a raid, probably what 2 years since a cannith crafting update, how many years since a cc loot update (worthless flask and rune arm not counted)
    All fair points, but releasing a new MM volume seems like just a fraction of the work behind any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    All fair points, but releasing a new MM volume seems like just a fraction of the work behind any of those.
    Well honestly I think it's just one more system they're now ignoring but I do disagree on that work portion.

They add an entry for mob type x
    They now have to go thru the code for every single quest to add all the mob type x's to the manual
    They have to decide on rewards, etc, etc, etc.

I think it's about equal work as to some things on my list and less than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I think it's about equal work as to some things on my list and less than others.
    Then I have to disagree as well. Entering some ID tags into a database is pretty basic, an intern could do the majority of the job. Designing a raid means creating an environment, a new enemy (fully animated and voiced), a story-line, tons of scripts, probably some gimmicky mechanic, some loot that is interesting for everyone, and making sure the whole thing is balanced, fun (remember citw?) and working properly. It's clearly a lot more work than just reusing the MM framework and adding a few more in it.

Then I have to disagree as well. Entering some ID tags into a database is pretty basic, an intern could do the majority of the job. Designing a raid means creating an environment, a new enemy (fully animated and voiced), a story-line, tons of scripts, probably some gimmicky mechanic, some loot that is interesting for everyone, and making sure the whole thing is balanced, fun (remember citw?) and working properly. It's clearly a lot more work than just reusing the MM framework and adding a few more in it.
    Yup raid would be the one where a mm would be less, but a mm would probably be equal to a crafting update.

The reason is likely rather simple; it didn't sell well enough to justify making more.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    The reason is likely rather simple; it didn't sell well enough to justify making more.
    And yet pets do? Even if I don't have anyway to sell the sale numbers, I find that unlikely.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

They said they did not release a monster manual with the expansion because they were going through and fixing the creatures that should have already been recording but were not. Of course there are still a bunch missing. Including several from the expansion so that didn't work so well.

And yet pets do? Even if I don't have anyway to sell the sale numbers, I find that unlikely.
    Just saying what I think is the simplest reason, I could be completely wrong. I don't see how pets selling well is a reason for MMs to have to sell well as well, they're two completely different things.

I love the monster manual and thought it was a great idea. I hope they will come out with more volumes. There was a long time period between volumes 2 & 3 also.

Any chance we can get a dev to chime in on this? Please?