Hey fellow DDO'ers; just curious as to who is going to the PAXEast Turbine Party next week at Jillians.
I'll be there, and from te sounds of, that is when I will have the opportunity to sit down with Jerry and a couple of the Devs to talk with them for DDOCast.
That being said, if you can't make it it to PAXEast this year, and you'd like me to ask them some burning question, post it below, or shoot me a PM. I can't promise I'll get to ask them all, or that they will even answer our questions, but rest assured I will do my best.
To start us off, here a few that I'd like some answers on:
1) Why don't we have Gnomes yet? I mean afterall they make up one of major Dragon Marked Houses in Ebberron. Beside I want to play my Gnome Barbarian.
1a) What about other races like Tieflings or Khalashtar?
1b) [Uska] Will we ever get shifters as a playable race ?
1c) Any newclasses coming soon(tm)? And I don't mean this new Iconic Hero stuff. Psionics? Illusionists?
1d) [Uska] Will we ever have psionics?
2) Will we ever get individual player housing?
3) How come we can't have access to our Guild Ship directly from Eveningstar? If it is a lore thing, that WotC won't let you bring airships to Forgotten Realms, will we be able to get some other form of Guild Housing in the Forgotten Realms?
4) Will we ever see a Forgotten Realms Starter Area? Or a real expansion with content equivilant to the orginal release? I personnally wouldn't mind a level 1 Forgotten Realms Area, if I started a new level 1 character. Low level characters that wouldn't need to run through Korthos or the Waterworks for the bazillionth time, would be ok with me.
5) What role do you see Paid Expansion Packs like Menance of Underdark and the pending Shadowfell Conspiracy playing in the game? How are the really different from the regular content updates that are free to VIPs?
6) [Stormanne] When are we going to see more of Eberron? We've traversed to another dimension, travelled the planes, but haven't' crossed the ocean to Sharn or any other continent? Watupwitdat?
6a) [Uska] Will we ever see the city of Sharn?
7) Speaking of Iconic Hero's what do you see the real role of these as? Why not give us Vet Status III and let us start at level 15? And ifyou want us to get to the Forgotten Realms sooner, why notstart us off there with a new starter area?
8) [Liutwin] Regardnig the Word of Recall Spell for Clerics, can we get it to be more functional, and/or add more locations, as per the arcane teleport spell, and ca nthe Temple of the sovereign host be furnished with more exclusive cleric amenities/vendors?
8) [VAMM] Does Turbine feel that there is a healthy race/class balance in the game? To that end, what is the general class distribution among the player base?"
9) [Juduss] Are there any plans for expanding personal storage? If so what forms are in the works? More bank & inventory tabs, or space maximizers like a scroll case, potion bandoleer, or spell component pouch? Perhaps a nonconsumable thieves tool?
10) [Melicat] Why can't we get a Gender Change Option? We have appearance change (hair dye and the new appearance options when you lesser/greater reincarnate). But we are locked into Gender when we reincarnate. We can also change our names and alignment with store purchase, but not Gender!
10a) [Cauthey] Were you to add a paid gender change service to the game, I would be willing to pony up $2.50 - $5.00 (or the equivilent in TPs) to make a gender correction on one of my characters. If there are barriers/challenges to implementing gender change, does knowing that you would likely have a strong revenue pipeline behind the change help to make the change happen? If it is engineering prohibitive, can you speak generally/non-specific and tell the community why?
11) [Melicat] Why can't we get a LOT more cosmetics? (As in a LOT more armour skins - at the very least 10x what we have now?). (my note: it is a real shame that LOTRO's engine and avatar's have a lot more felxibility and additional hook points for appearance related cosmetics.
12) [Darkforte] Are we ever getting the angel/archon side of Shavarath?
13) [salmag] Will we be getting any new spells like Weird, Crushing Hand, etc. to boost Illusion spells? Or more spells regardless of type?
14) [salmag] Now that we have Druid/Artificer pets, will Rangers get their companions, will Wizards get their familiars?
15) [salmag] Since Forgotten Realms content seems to come in the form of "Expansions" and Eberron content in the form of "updates," will we be seeing anymore "updates" in the future? Possibly to the Talenta Plains (gnomes), Sharn, Argonesson, or Llamania?
16) [Cauthey]Could you share with us a little bit of insight on the performance problems that your team is battling with DDO? Any info is appreciated, even as general/non-specific, if you must. Something like the following would be awesome info, if you are able to share:
Lag type A - most frequent offender - prolific - no leads on root cause or fix.
Lag type B - periodic - strikes in very specific cases - have root cause, not persuing fix.
Lag type C - rare, but terribly impactful - have root cause, engineering fix currently with a moderate priority.
Lag type D - frequent, causes minor rubberbanding - we're stumped
Lag type E - fixed in Ux - it did xyz, we reengineered with abc. Took more time than it was really worth, and caught lots of heat from alpha/beta/delta over it.
Other known lag causes: 35.
16a) [Cauthey] When a wave of major lag or other performance problems occur, how quickly is your engineering team made aware of it? Most recently, do the performance problems that you are tracking just "work themselves out?" Or, is active/immediate intervention required? Would active/immediate intervention from engineers at the moment of issue provide immediate remediation? Or, is relef from these performance issues more of a "it just takes time" after corrective measures are performed?
If active intervention can provide generally immediate relief, how often are your engineers able to interviening immediately? 50% of the time? 100%? Etc.
17) [Ape_Man] When will we get more details on the level 28 cap increase?
18) [Ape_Man] Will the ED's get more levels? Will we get more EDs? Will a 4th twist ever be possible? 2/1/1/1 should be possible with the Fate Poins available now, why the artificial cap of 3 twists.
19) [Guaire] Is there any intent to revisit/rebalance the Warforged race? This is a premium race that is less than premium. The tinman needs a heart! There are numerous threads out there with excellent suggestions to help the downtrodden Warforged melee (Body type a default racial feat at character creation, fix DR and PRR for WF, more docent looks, correct issues with immunity changes...)
20) [Liutwin] Any thoughts on a new PVP system similiar to LOTRO's system where players play monster? Liutwin posted a great idea in post #46
21) [Cauthey] Why did you feel that it was necessary to change (nerf) the Cloak of Ice? This was an incredible item, perfect for special spans of 1 minute and 30 seconds when you knew you were going to get hammered with loads of fire damage. You've now effectively created a "artifact item," where there is no other item that performs the old cloak's function. The new cloak [i]isn't completely terrible[i], but if you wanted this proc'ing function with augment slots, you should have just created a new item.
Will you consider reversing this change (nerf)?
22) [Cauthey] Will Turbine be updating the UI Art Pack (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...inArtPack.html) sometime soon? Is Turbine aware that there is still demand for customizing the UI? If Turbine does have motivation to update this, when can we expect it? Soon? Not very soon? Or don't hold your breath?
note: see this thread: Updated UI Art Pack any time soon?
23) [Scraap] What do you see as/in the future for both Cannith and Epic crafting in light of further character advancement?
24) [Sableshadow] Further armor skin customization: There are a great many legacy (low level and/or early module) armors with great skins. It would be excellent to be able to use these skins as armor kits. Are there any plans to provide an "armor skin crafting" option (in which we copy a skin from one armor to another)? Or any plans to let us use random loot gen items as "cosmetic skins" similiar to LOTRO?
Post your questions below. [NOTE: I cannot guarentee that I will get to ask all of these, or that Turbine will actually answer any of these.]