Angry DEVS > How are invisible weapons NOT in know bugs list?

Seriously. This is ridiculous. I have reported this many times and I'm sure many others have as well.

For my characters, whenever I use a clicky/boost/or enhancement ability my weapon disappears and it does not come back until I swing. You may say "oh no big deal" but for my fighter it is game breaking.

For my fighter my ultimate attack is adrenaline + momentum swing. HOWEVER activating adrenaline makes my weapon disappear AND momentum swing can't activate with a missing weapon apparently.

*** Turbine??????

If you can't fix it at least put it in the know issues list so I can at least HOPE someday you'l get around to it.
    Khyber - Mahlii, Guyutee, Onumniwa

Community Member

i'm a long way from twisting those together so i would like to see a fix, but i suspect it might be awhile until we see one.

with that in mind a workaround might improve your gaming right now. could you activate adrenaline as you hop back out of melee range, fire off one attack then dive back in for the momentum swing? as long as you dont clip any mobs with the normal attack adrenaline should stay primed ready for you to hit with full force, and a hop back and forth should keep you in range of mass heals.

pain in the rump but it might help you for now.

as for the known list we can see, it is only a tiny subset of the actual known bugs list. so it will be on their internal bug list.

most bugs appear in patch notes when they are fixed without ever showing on the public known bugs list
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    with that in mind a workaround might improve your gaming right now. could you activate adrenaline as you hop back out of melee range, fire off one attack then dive back in for the momentum swing? as long as you dont clip any mobs with the normal attack adrenaline should stay primed ready for you to hit with full force, and a hop back and forth should keep you in range of mass heals.
    Very interesting. I'll give this a shot tonight. SOMETIMES adrenaline + momentum swing works when my weapon is invisible but usually it doesn't. Probably fails about 75% of the time.

I have zero problem using momentum swing with adrenaline. Get the huge first number hit like always.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

hmm, more interesting, an intermittent failure for you and a perfectly working system for Kalimah

i'd suggest messing about with the training dummy to see if you can find a pattern to when it works and when it doesnt.

it could just be a timing issue where momentum is put on global cooldown by activating adrenaline and you're trying to push the button too fast. i had to get past that on my mechanic when i was learning how to use assassinate. i had 3 actions to perform: sneak, switch to melee and assassinate. turns out sneak puts my melee quickslot on a long cooldown which made me fluff a lot of assassin attempts. i got round that by going melee, then sneaking as i leapt leaving me primed and ready to assassinate when landing next to my victim.

so when you're wailing on the dummy take a look at the cooldowns as you're testing. you might find you just need to wait for a heartbeat before pressing momentum if it's been put on a global cooldown by adrenaline.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

I haven't noticed the adrenaline + momentum swing bug while weapons invisible, but I have been quite annoyed by the phantom swing and null swing caused by the cooldown timer reset bug. I find it happens most often with lay waste but can happen with momentum swing as well depending a lot on how your attack sequence is set up. To the best of my knowledge, the "reset cooldown to 0" event occurs before the "check to see if it's happened within the last 3 seconds" stipulation and lay waste and momentum swing seem to both incorrectly share the same "not within 3 seconds" clause. So if you have both on cooldown, then cleave which resets momentum swing, then immediately momentum swing, taking lay waste off cooldown, lay waste will either do a phantom swing with no damage or do no swing at all, and the timer reverts to what it was at previously. This bug makes it very difficult to use lay waste more than once a minute unless you go out of your way to wait 3 seconds before activating momentum swing each time the cooldown is reset due to cleave just to be sure that if that momentum swing does trigger the cooldown reset on lay waste, it actually kicks in.

Anyway, just pointing this out in case this might be what you're seeing when you attempt to activate momentum swing after an adrenaline. If you've reset a cooldown on momentum swing or lay waste within the last 3 seconds, you very likely will get a phantom swing or no swing at all and your cooldown will return to it's unreset state.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by rvrtrnce View Post
    Seriously. This is ridiculous. I have reported this many times and I'm sure many others have as well.

For my characters, whenever I use a clicky/boost/or enhancement ability my weapon disappears and it does not come back until I swing. You may say "oh no big deal" but for my fighter it is game breaking.

For my fighter my ultimate attack is adrenaline + momentum swing. HOWEVER activating adrenaline makes my weapon disappear AND momentum swing can't activate with a missing weapon apparently.

*** Turbine??????

If you can't fix it at least put it in the know issues list so I can at least HOPE someday you'l get around to it.
    It's meant to cut down on lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I have zero problem using momentum swing with adrenaline. Get the huge first number hit like always.
    Do you also suffer from the disappearing weapons bug? Do yours disappear when you activate adrenaline?