Default Sschindylryn question

Question about getting to Sschindylryn.

I have a Ranger, who, when he uses the Portal in Eveningstar Cavern gets teleported to outside of of the city itself.

My FVS, however, always ends up at the main portal in the center of the city.

Any idea how/why they are arriving at differing places? More to the point how can I get my FVS to arrive in the same place as my ranger currently does?

Took him through the Portal to the Underdark and back again to see if that would reset things but it didn't.

Regards

G
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

This happens when you arrive in the drow city for the first time with someone in the group that already have access to the central portal. When this happens, the game don't flag you for "reaching the central portal" because it thinks you are already flagged, and SOMETIMES, it get stuck even if you come back solo.

The best way I found out to fix it was going into the underdark, reaching the Riz Malak portal near Belly of the Beast, and take this teleporter to the drow city. Then, if you are still on the outwards of the city, go to the central portal, and take it back to Eveningstar. Reset the instance, and go back in the drow city. usually you will go back to center, and never return to the outer teleporter again.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

From my experience each character needs to do the following "Flagging" to get the "Center Portal" access

1. Access to the Sschindylryn (access portal in underdark that takes you to the outside of the city)
    2. Find Riz Malak Portal in the Underdark - near the Belly of the Beast Quest
    3. Find the central portal in Sschindylryn

Community Member

ive always had to find all portals also

The best work around I have found is to use the left side portal in ES cavern and go to underdark...then turn around and use the portal to go from underdark to Sschinderlyn and you will be ported to the center of the city. Works everytime.

Many thanks all
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    From my experience each character needs to do the following "Flagging" to get the "Center Portal" access

1. Access to the Sschindylryn (access portal in underdark that takes you to the outside of the city)
    2. Find Riz Malak Portal in the Underdark - near the Belly of the Beast Quest
    3. Find the central portal in Sschindylryn
    I never do #2.
    I just go to underdark through kings forest, then to sschindryln, then to portal and thats it.