Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Saga's good - now lets adapt the UI to cater for them

Okay, so after a bit of thought, I like the idea behind the Saga's as an extra free reward for people's questing achievements, or for some as an end in itself to farm up a load of skill tomes. You've added something extra and you've not taken anything away.

So lets make it look like a finished system and not just an add-on or an afterthought.

Add a tab to the Adventure Compendium tab that lists the Saga's and lets us see how many points we've got in that saga, and which quests we have done on which difficulties.

While you're at it, add a tab to let us see Raid and Storyarc completions, and on that same window, let us see raid timers.

You've gone and expended development resource redoing a bucket load of icons, so obviously you have spare capacity for improving the UI experience.

So how about applying some of that spare resource to adding to the UI?

And when you're done with that, lets start on designing a new Character Sheet that gives us all of the detail that we now need. If for some reason resources are tight, then ignore all of the above and just do the new Character Sheet.

Motion Seconded

We need a much cleaner way to track the saga system now
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Okay, so after a bit of thought, I like the idea behind the Saga's as an extra free reward for people's questing achievements, or for some as an end in itself to farm up a load of skill tomes. You've added something extra and you've not taken anything away.

So lets make it look like a finished system and not just an add-on or an afterthought.

Add a tab to the Adventure Compendium tab that lists the Saga's and lets us see how many points we've got in that saga, and which quests we have done on which difficulties.

While you're at it, add a tab to let us see Raid and Storyarc completions, and on that same window, let us see raid timers.

You've gone and expended development resource redoing a bucket load of icons, so obviously you have spare capacity for improving the UI experience.

So how about applying some of that spare resource to adding to the UI?

And when you're done with that, lets start on designing a new Character Sheet that gives us all of the detail that we now need. If for some reason resources are tight, then ignore all of the above and just do the new Character Sheet.
    defiantly signed

This might be different if the sagas followed some sort of logical progression, but I'm just not seeing it. Gianthold? Sure that makes sense. All the other new ones? WHA? I'm not complaining about having more to do. I am a bit confused about how to track what I'm doing. A tab in the adventure compendium showing your progress on all active sagas as well as the location of the NPC would be just fantastic. As it stands right now, I'm printing out a sheet listing the NPC's, their locations, heroic/epic and the list of quests associated with the saga on a sheet I can check off as I progress. This would be much easier if it were tracked internally.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen