Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Are you from New Jersey?
    Close! OMG we know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Even all of the other ridiculousness aside, I gotta love this notion, stated as unimpeachable fact, that all clerics and divines have to be smug holier-than-thou types in order to be properly "role-played".
    My wife is currently running in a 3E/homebrew campaign with a cleric aligned to some whacky fertility god. All he ever does is run around extolling the virtues of feminine hygiene products, looking shocked by local mores and trying to make loads of coin. He has been known to cast a heal now and again, but mostly he's comic relief - And damned fine at it I might add.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

How will they know if you have it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    My wife is currently running in a 3E/homebrew campaign with a cleric aligned to some whacky fertility god. All he ever does is run around extolling the virtues of feminine hygiene products, looking shocked by local mores and trying to make loads of coin. He has been known to cast a heal now and again, but mostly he's comic relief - And damned fine at it I might add.
    Sounds like you have players I would have fun playing with.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Is the cleric a halfling named "Sprunt?"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Well he was typing in english, and once got on voice and spoke in english with an english accent, so I would feel safe assuming that language was not the problem so much as not bothering to read the lfm before joining... a common occurrence on sarlona. I have people who join my LFMs that stat [name of quest] [difficulty], and in the second box state the name of quest and difficulty and they still as what quest we are running.

The thing that makes this guy even more hilarious is that I didn't type "bring your own heals," I typed, "bring your own heals/hireling," and he was still demanding heals.

That being said, I kind of expect PUGs to screw up. My faith in humanity (at least the DDO portion of it) is pretty non-existant. I don't expect them to be self sufficient, and I do expect them to all keel over dead at the drop of a hat. I don't PUG unless I am willing to deal with that, whether it be helping them, or letting them be my ghostly cheerleaders depends on my mood at the time.
    That was a pretty funny story. Did LOD on EH get difficult or something? I've never seen anyone die in it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    That was a pretty funny story. Did LOD on EH get difficult or something? I've never seen anyone die in it.
    Difficult isn't the word i would use, the dogs are cr 34 in epic normal and hard, and bosses 38+. Takes a while to kill them if you don't have good damage or are solo. Rather boring, but last time i ran it i just used earthquake and had my druid puppy and a rogue hire chew away at the sitting bosses while creeping cold ticked. Of course i was only 21 so it took a while. Not tried epic elite, but i suspect those are the same levels at least for the bosses there.

Quote Originally Posted by smeggy1384 View Post
    Difficult isn't the word i would use, the dogs are cr 34 in epic normal and hard, and bosses 38+. Takes a while to kill them if you don't have good damage or are solo. Rather boring, but last time i ran it i just used earthquake and had my druid puppy and a rogue hire chew away at the sitting bosses while creeping cold ticked. Of course i was only 21 so it took a while. Not tried epic elite, but i suspect those are the same levels at least for the bosses there.
    Yeah I had barely any gear. I danced the named doggie a few times with a big top and then beat on it with my awesome "level me to 20" gear. It just took a while.

Then I went in the next day with new kit and a few ED things under the belt and it went a TON faster. Momentum Swing / etc. on top of Dance of Flowers with a centered eAGA adds a bit more smack.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Probably about the quality of gear i was using voodoo. Was an iconic cleric 1 druid 19 still wearing most of their starting gear. The high mob levels was all i was trying to get at, wasn't that way a while back. Used to blast through epic normal and epic hard lords of dust with a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    That is not D&D. In fact its very against the rules layed down and revived in things like hackmaster 4E to never ever let another player know a thing about yours either prior to rolling it up, or after play begins. Planning characters around each other is effectively cheating to the highest degree. In hackmaster( which uses old school character grinder RPGA rules and the most common house rules beloved by real dice chuckers) if you let, and or tell another player so much as one detail from your sheet, you have just suicided your character because the DM can and will take it and tear it up and then burn it to ash right in front of you.

This is ofcourse why you and I rarely ever get along on the forums, you played family friendly wannabe D&D not real D&D which is a no holds barred cutthroat enviroment where the last man standing is always the hero, even when he is a villain. And where those who are sacrificed to reach that end, are not done so lightly but will be used all the same.

Teflon Billy is a hero, Knuckles and El Rav are pawns. It doesnt mean Brian doesnt love the shiite out of dave and bob, but when your at the table your not brian, dave, and bob, your Teflon Billy, Knuckles, and El Rav. Teflon is the mightiest of wizards for exactly the reasons so many carebears hate on others here for on the forums.

Id daddy was your DM, and mom, and bro and sis where your party, you didnt play D&D, not even close.
    you know it is just a game right?

let's say it: DnD is not seriuz biznaz, DnD is a game of fun fantasy frolicks. The point of DnD is not to make other people feel like pawns, or to make them feel bad. THE POINT is to have fun.

Is that alright with you or are you gonna get your styrofoam larp sword and show your anger thou evil nerd.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Just capped a guy the other day - no EDs. Joined a LFM for Lords of Dust (EH) - inflated mob HP, whatever. Me and another 20 (though I suspect he has EDs from his previous life, unlike me on the guy I'm on) and a bunch of mid-20s (one 28).

Wizard 28 yaps the whole time, finally says: "You guys must be so undergeared"

I say "Erm, dude, undergeared for what? I bet we both have decent ML20 gear ... check out the levels ... and by the way, why can't you put a DoT on this dog boss here while the two of us are swinging, or toss a haste?"

Him: "I don't do DoTs. I'm not built that way. You guys need to take down the bosses. I'm sure the last guy in this quest can't touch me, but I can't do any damage to him. I'm built for necromancy DCs and survival."

I used all of my GS clickies on haste and about 20 pots of haste that run. The cleric wasn't so hot either, so I ended up scroll healing the monk (the other 20) while he beat down the drow boss dude. I couldn't scroll heal both of us fast enough, and I gave up burning scrolls on raise dead for the others (cause they were all dead and kept getting themselves that way every time I clickie or scroll'd them back alive).
    Damn they must of really upped the stats on that quest recently or the scaling must really suck, remember running my gimp pally/monk through there on hard solo farming for seals. Surely any arcane can dot, even if they havent specced for it, its some dps on rednames?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Damn they must of really upped the stats on that quest recently or the scaling must really suck, remember running my gimp pally/monk through there on hard solo farming for seals. Surely any arcane can dot, even if they havent specced for it, its some dps on rednames?
    dogs, orange names, and red names are from ee on ec, en, and eh difficulties causing problems for those not expecting ee mobs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    You guys never played real D&D. Playing with your neighbor friend ricky bobby. Pffft.

We didnt play with just anyone. Only people we couldnt trustt or like. Like, Cons, crooks, and junkies. Our groups weren't even friends. We'd steal from, take advantage of, and generally ridicule each other. Out of game. Because that''s just how it was, man.

We had a huge collection of volumes of DnD books, bags, dice stolen by one in our group as we slept in someone's garage playing til sun up.
    Another of our group was homeless and would spend the night at anyone's place. Trading relics to sleep in your closet.

Even had a dude with his girl of many years who were in our group. They Suddenly became enemies in game, Because she used that as a way to tell him she was effin the DM behind his back for months. But that's not the rest. She went down on the guy who introduced her and her now ex to our group right after.Her and the DM are stil together, kinda, I think.

So basically. My DnD had people who lie cheat and steal, oh and *****. This before they chucked any dice
    Hm where you living in nevada in a small town south of reno at the time? That sounds an aweful lot like my group. was the homeless couch surfer named josh, cus he is still homeless and crashes on my couch a few nights ever few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I think you have the cart before the horse. Arcanes stopped casting haste long ago
    How bout this: When Im on my wizards I'll buff everyone in the party except the "I'm not a healer" cleric. If you're not a healbot, buddy, I aint your buffbot either.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Back on topic!

I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Back on topic!

lol I was going to do that too but kept forgetting to post one, I was going to post it for the storehouse's secret or something else on korthos though. =D

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    you know it is just a game right?

let's say it: DnD is not seriuz biznaz, DnD is a game of fun fantasy frolicks. The point of DnD is not to make other people feel like pawns, or to make them feel bad. THE POINT is to have fun.

Is that alright with you or are you gonna get your styrofoam larp sword and show your anger thou evil nerd.

Le Sigh, I tried to find the vid of Tab roleplaying on youtube, but alas seems to not be around anymore

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345