Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Blinding speed to be required in PUGs

It's gonna happen and you know it.

"have Blinding Speed feat or don't join, not casting Haste"

I think you have the cart before the horse. Arcanes stopped casting haste long ago
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I think you have the cart before the horse. Arcanes stopped casting haste long ago
    Ah, but its a fighter that posted the lfm.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Yeah, all the battleclerics & melee fvs have it now
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

You need to be 27 to have this feat.

Casters who aren't jerks will still cast haste. heck, I am a jerk and I still cast haste. it's worth it for the run speed.

You can make Axer angry by telling him you will not cast Haste on him since he can get it permanently with a feat

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Casters who aren't jerks will still cast haste. heck, I am a jerk and I still cast haste. it's worth it for the run speed.

war priest gets it at lvl 18
    Member of Captains Crew - Ghallanda
    Rifken - Triple-Triple Completionist
    Riffken - Completionist
    Tegg - Azrahn

Everyone gets it at really low levels from the potion vendor in the market place.

As for the tired old blame game:

Divines stopped casting remove [insert status condition here] because you can carry pots for it...
    Melee (most I meet anyway) stopped using tactics because they believe blue bars should be solely responsible for crowd control...
    and so, because the rest of the party had stopped doing nice things...
    Arcanes stopped casting the easily potted haste spell.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-24-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Loot with Speed n/Melee Alacrity makes that feat nearly useless if I read it right. I don't believe it stacks beyond what you can get from rare and now lootgen with minimal high level chest looting.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Loot with Speed n/Melee Alacrity makes that feat nearly useless if I read it right. I don't believe it stacks beyond what you can get from rare and now lootgen with minimal high level chest looting.
    it doesn't stack but it means you don't have to be hasted.

But it is just plain silly, you have to be 27 before you can take the feat. Caster should still haste, you cannot assume people have this feat.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I still cast while playing mine.

Rage, Haste & go still alive in my groups.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

it doesn't stack but it means you don't have to be hasted.

But it is just plain silly, you have to be 27 before you can take the feat. Caster should still haste, you cannot assume people have this feat.
    Hjaste Meh!!!

Just capped a guy the other day - no EDs. Joined a LFM for Lords of Dust (EH) - inflated mob HP, whatever. Me and another 20 (though I suspect he has EDs from his previous life, unlike me on the guy I'm on) and a bunch of mid-20s (one 28).

Wizard 28 yaps the whole time, finally says: "You guys must be so undergeared"

I say "Erm, dude, undergeared for what? I bet we both have decent ML20 gear ... check out the levels ... and by the way, why can't you put a DoT on this dog boss here while the two of us are swinging, or toss a haste?"

Him: "I don't do DoTs. I'm not built that way. You guys need to take down the bosses. I'm sure the last guy in this quest can't touch me, but I can't do any damage to him. I'm built for necromancy DCs and survival."

I used all of my GS clickies on haste and about 20 pots of haste that run. The cleric wasn't so hot either, so I ended up scroll healing the monk (the other 20) while he beat down the drow boss dude. I couldn't scroll heal both of us fast enough, and I gave up burning scrolls on raise dead for the others (cause they were all dead and kept getting themselves that way every time I clickie or scroll'd them back alive).
    Last edited by voodoogroves; 09-24-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

No. There aren't enough Pugs for this to happen. Anyone doing this will find that they have no one to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Just capped a guy the other day - no EDs. Joined a LFM for Lords of Dust (EH) - inflated mob HP, whatever. Me and another 20 (though I suspect he has EDs from his previous life, unlike me on the guy I'm on) and a bunch of mid-20s (one 28).

I say "Erm, dude, undergeared for what? I bet we both have decent ML20 gear ... check out the levels ... and by the way, why can't you put a DoT on this dog boss here while the two of us are swinging, or toss a haste?"

Him: "I don't do DoTs. I'm not built that way. You guys need to take down the bosses. I'm sure the last guy in this quest can't touch me, but I can't do any damage to him. I'm built for necromancy DCs and survival."

I used all of my GS clickies on haste and about 20 pots of haste that run. The cleric wasn't so hot either, so I ended up scroll healing the monk (the other 20) while he beat down the drow boss dude. I couldn't scroll heal both of us fast enough, and I gave up burning scrolls on raise dead for the others (cause they were all dead and kept getting themselves that way every time I clickie or scroll'd them back alive).
    Heh, sounds like PUG WAI lol.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Because having 30% run speed + 10% alac from an item isnt enough. You must have 32% run speed and 15% alac or dont join.

Those LFMs will be cute if they ever do happen.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Those LFMs will be cute if they ever do happen.
    That can be arranged. Perhaps with a max level of 26?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Heh, sounds like PUG WAI lol.
    Fortunately, not. Most PUGs I've been in recently have been very solid. This one was the first in a long time with a Really Important Person like that.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Fortunately, not. Most PUGs I've been in recently have been very solid. This one was the first in a long time with a Really Important Person like that.
    Lol yeah, I had a first-in-a-long-time pug recently too. Mine was an AA ranger who joined my BYOH (I don't use the acronym in the lfm, I type it out for clarity) lfm and ran around away from the party dying and typing into chat, "HJEAL ME" Been a long time since I saw that outside of a joke. History repeats I guess. I would have healed him if I had any idea where he was too, despite my irritation at his lack of literacy.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-24-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Matt Walsh:

Community Member

You really need to learn when to type lol and drop group. But I agree, Ghallanda pugs have been good recently. Or perhaps I've gotten better at subconsciously weeding out "off" LFMs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast