Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone else experiencing zoning crashes after 19.2?

After update i m experiencing lot of crashes when entering different zone - no matter what size the zone is. i crashed entering bank, exiting necropolis, goin to twelve, entering market.

well, its not crash - i got window saying your connection with server have been lost.

well, another opportunity to say: good work, turbine, really good work...

cant say i have seen that so far.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Twice in GH

and i could add, i had never yoning crashes even in usual zones like gh, sands and such - its just from the 19.2

cmon, disconnected entering guildship....

tho i have one hypothesis, as it seems i m disconnected the very next time i ve alt+tabbed from game. i ll try to further experiment with it

dced while leaving sands. i ve alt tabed couple times

also got hit by lag monster for about minute, unable to move, but im not only one getting this on argo at that moment

Community Member

I disconnected yesterday trying to enter House K on Ghalanda and I could not log in that character for the whole night. I was able to log in any of my other characters, and I was even able to reproduce the crash with one of them and I could not log in that character after that either. It said at the character selection screen that they were both in the House K, but the loading screen was frozen at 0%, and after a minute or two the game chrashed with The connection to the server has been lost message. I stopped playing after that. I've been able to log in again today with them and so far I haven't had any problems.

It has gotten a lot worse for me. It used to be that orchard would crash me 95% of the time. Now wilderness in meridia, house cannith and heroic gianthold also crash me about 2 times out of 3.

Yeah, getting worse - crashed several times, mostly exiting or entering orchard or gianthold.

Damn, i m almost praying at every loading screen to blue bar to appear. After every such disconnect i cant log on toon which was disconnected. i need switch toon and lately even that doesnot work.

gimme ban for that but cant we once get really fine update without turning game into damn expensive screensaver? i m pretty tired watching those damn loading screens (but at least now i know *** i have to reload them agai and again). I am starting like the efreeti one with slogan Need a fix? NO, I dont, u damn do!

Dced after leaving gh in marketplace.

Default What the hell is with marketplace?

I ve found workaround to at least log in toon - i m using transport to option at selection screen, but

1. tansported to eveningstar, got to my guilship, tried to get to market...bang! dcd
    2. transported to eberron...got to teleporter...tried to get to market...bang! dcd
    3. transported to eberron...got to teleporter, tried to get to phiarlan....oh, nice got there, tried to go to market....bang...dcd

i m really ****ed now. one my theory says someone ****ed up his job by removing caps at public locations, and when those got crowded , people start to disconnect instead of goin to next. with mabar upcoming it even makes sense...

another couple of disconnections....mostly in and out of orchard. strange is its happening only for certain toons - shame for those i m leveling now.

what really ****ed me off was we were doing first wheloon chain, first two quests were fine (maybe cause quest giver transports directly to quest) but third one ...ummm, i got from eve to wheloon, then tried to get into magistrate office ....nope. tried again...nope...again no way.

*** turbine? why am i denied to play quest i want.

what about VIPs would pay just for time spent in quests, not for time staring at fking splashreens waiting to disconnect?

just reinstalled whole game ....and got disconnected even when trying to make it out from veteran ship after making clean new toon - is marketplace cursed?

Community Member

Yes. My game crashed many time after new patch 19.2, when entering to new instance and then I can not get into the game until this instance will reset. So can only wait some time until this instance will reset by time or use "transport character to *" option and reset instance (if it is quest instance and nobody from my group is in) manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Xario View Post
    Yes. My game crashed many time after new patch 19.2, when entering to new instance and then I can not get into the game until this instance will reset. So can only wait some time until this instance will reset by time or use "transport character to *" option and reset instance (if it is quest instance and nobody from my group is in) manually.
    thanks ....exactly, thats what i am experiencing. it describes it really perfect

Community Member

dang, this again. i always ctd on first entry to sands, but otherwise it's ok. still, as this problem is affecting some folks and not others, it's possible the updater's messing something up. if you're technically inclined and blessed with lots of freetime, i'd recommend uninstalling the game, then running ccleaner through your files and registry (back up the registry first! always! i have never seen ccleaner break anything, but if something goes wrong, and the registry breaks, well, you're toast without a backup, and you may be toast even with one. gotta love ms). then i'd shut down. reboot, reinstall, re-update (turbine should get off its collective butts and update the installer so this doesn't happen as much) and hopefully, anything on your side would be fixed. that'd eliminate your machine pretty much. and if you can reinstall and reupdate with no issues, i'd say your local provider's ok. maybe not great, but ok. may not still fix it, if it's not you, but at least you'll have some confidence.

or you can bug report it on the web site and wait for a fix. don't hold your breath, though.

Quote Originally Posted by levesque2004 View Post
    dang, this again. i always ctd on first entry to sands, but otherwise it's ok. still, as this problem is affecting some folks and not others, it's possible the updater's messing something up. if you're technically inclined and blessed with lots of freetime, i'd recommend uninstalling the game, then running ccleaner through your files and registry (back up the registry first! always! i have never seen ccleaner break anything, but if something goes wrong, and the registry breaks, well, you're toast without a backup, and you may be toast even with one. gotta love ms). then i'd shut down. reboot, reinstall, re-update (turbine should get off its collective butts and update the installer so this doesn't happen as much) and hopefully, anything on your side would be fixed. that'd eliminate your machine pretty much. and if you can reinstall and reupdate with no issues, i'd say your local provider's ok. maybe not great, but ok. may not still fix it, if it's not you, but at least you'll have some confidence.

or you can bug report it on the web site and wait for a fix. don't hold your breath, though.
    thanks for response, but the biggest effort i d do, was reinstalling whole game from scratch. no way, i m risking to ruin system on my comp, as its the workstation i use for work too, and it s running fine, and ddo being almost only game on it, i m sure its pretty clean. my connection is pretty good - and as i stated i never had any dc isues pre 19.2, even lag monster didnt hurt me as much.

i filled bug report to see if theres anyone at turbine, who really gives a f..

thanks for response anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    cmon, disconnected entering guildship....

tho i have one hypothesis, as it seems i m disconnected the very next time i ve alt+tabbed from game. i ll try to further experiment with it
    I noticed a similar thing, while not using alt+tab. Was playing in window mode and clicking on the browser in the second monitor while I was in the zoning screen crashed the client.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

I haven't experienced any, sorry.

I dc every day several times for a long time so I do not care any more lol.
    But since the update it is more frequent. I was used to zone crashes like sands, red fens, orchard and etc. But now my screen freezes any time, even on the guild ship when interacting with any object and is followed by the red circle of death and the game disconnects me after few minutes (now i just terminate it before it happens). I am not having problems with not getting on my toon, thou.
    What really helped me to speed loading screens up a lot, is ddo preloader app which is the only useful thing I can suggest atm and i know of.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Czekojin; 09-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast