Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really, really, REALLY want it to be somewhere in Khorvaire. Mournlands and Demonwastes are dull, (well... kinda dull) but better than more xendrik or realms. Personally, I'd prefer to see the next Expansion deliver the City of Sharn, complete with skyscrapers, walkways, freight elevators... huge potential for adding quests: just like Stormreach it would be a place with many, many doors to have quests put behind Also possible good places: Argonessen (perfect for epic) or one of the Elf kingdoms (the Valenar undead elf one would be good for inclusion of epic).

I'd also kill for some more 10-20 content, particularly in the 10-14 range. Its not that there isn't content there, its just not very varied.

But I suspect it'll be more Realms. I think the strategy is probably to expand Realms till you can do 1-20 there*, which I'm fine with I guess provided they then go back and finish Eberron. At least fleshing out the Realms should be easy. When they say the Realms has 'richness' what they mean is 'so bloated we can't possibly run out of stuff to nick so we don't have to put as much work in' (that's a really unfair thing to say, quest creation is just as hard, but in terms of ideas for quests? Forget about it, you don't need to be particularly creative to come up with plots and events if you're setting it in the Realms instead of the thinly-fleshed-out-on-purpose-so-GMs-have-a-sandbox Xendrik of Eberron)

But really really: I want at least another 18 months to 2 years before the next 'expansion', and to go back to at least a content update every 2 months. I don't mind if those updates alternatd between "bug fixes/qualify of life" updates and "content/races/classes" though. And I include finishing PrE and ED lines as quality of life updates, by the way. Maybe every other "content" update should be F2P.

*but if they do this, I want to see the spinner/lolth plot from the other side - some sort of flagging quest to get to Eberron before you can make the world switch. Don't mind if this is at a lower level. I maintain that a korthos style starter area with a timey wimey portal thing at the end to suck you through to eberron would work. The destination of the timey wimey thing could be moved as you add content that improves the lower level ranges (and the original timey wimey thing might then just take you to the L4-8 Realms area, at the end of which is the portal to Eberron and so on until you hit L16 and its becomes the eveningstar cavern portal to the demon web).
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 12-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Okay, dragonborn are people who swear them self into the service of a dragon god, right? But to my knowledge Eberon has no dragon gods. So the only way I could see dragonborn existing in Eberon is if there had been a sizable number of half-dragons who had gathered together, and eventually formed a self sustaining new race.

Except, the dragons of Eberon take great offense to half-dragons and hunt them down to kill. An entire bloodline was wiped out because it worked to create a new dragonmark by the birth of a half-dragon. Right?

*shakes head in confusion over why Wizards decided to add a race that doesn't fit the setting's lore at all*

And I thought that Eberon wasn't owned by Wizards of the Coast, but the writer who actually created the setting? And that the creator refused to let Eberon be ported to 4th edition? Or is that a different campaign setting I'm thinking of?
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Knight View Post
    Okay, dragonborn are people who swear them self into the service of a dragon god, right? But to my knowledge Eberon has no dragon gods. So the only way I could see dragonborn existing in Eberon is if there had been a sizable number of half-dragons who had gathered together, and eventually formed a self sustaining new race.

Except, the dragons of Eberon take great offense to half-dragons and hunt them down to kill. An entire bloodline was wiped out because it worked to create a new dragonmark by the birth of a half-dragon. Right?

*shakes head in confusion over why Wizards decided to add a race that doesn't fit the setting's lore at all*

And I thought that Eberon wasn't owned by Wizards of the Coast, but the writer who actually created the setting? And that the creator refused to let Eberon be ported to 4th edition? Or is that a different campaign setting I'm thinking of?
    No Eberron is fully owned by WOTC and it did move to 4E not sure what world your thinking of. The whole back story of Dragonborn is kind of stupid and it doesnt fit Eberron at all although I do think they shoehorned them in for 4E

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I really, really, REALLY want it to be somewhere in Khorvaire. Mournlands and Demonwastes are dull, (well... kinda dull) but better than more xendrik or realms. Personally, I'd prefer to see the next Expansion deliver the City of Sharn, complete with skyscrapers, walkways, freight elevators... huge potential for adding quests: just like Stormreach it would be a place with many, many doors to have quests put behind Also possible good places: Argonessen (perfect for epic) or one of the Elf kingdoms (the Valenar undead elf one would be good for inclusion of epic).

I'd also kill for some more 10-20 content, particularly in the 10-14 range. Its not that there isn't content there, its just not very varied.

But I suspect it'll be more Realms. I think the strategy is probably to expand Realms till you can do 1-20 there*, which I'm fine with I guess provided they then go back and finish Eberron. At least fleshing out the Realms should be easy. When they say the Realms has 'richness' what they mean is 'so bloated we can't possibly run out of stuff to nick so we don't have to put as much work in' (that's a really unfair thing to say, quest creation is just as hard, but in terms of ideas for quests? Forget about it, you don't need to be particularly creative to come up with plots and events if you're setting it in the Realms instead of the thinly-fleshed-out-on-purpose-so-GMs-have-a-sandbox Xendrik of Eberron)

But really really: I want at least another 18 months to 2 years before the next 'expansion', and to go back to at least a content update every 2 months. I don't mind if those updates alternatd between "bug fixes/qualify of life" updates and "content/races/classes" though. And I include finishing PrE and ED lines as quality of life updates, by the way. Maybe every other "content" update should be F2P.

*but if they do this, I want to see the spinner/lolth plot from the other side - some sort of flagging quest to get to Eberron before you can make the world switch. Don't mind if this is at a lower level. I maintain that a korthos style starter area with a timey wimey portal thing at the end to suck you through to eberron would work. The destination of the timey wimey thing could be moved as you add content that improves the lower level ranges (and the original timey wimey thing might then just take you to the L4-8 Realms area, at the end of which is the portal to Eberron and so on until you hit L16 and its becomes the eveningstar cavern portal to the demon web).
    I really dont want to see any paid expansions for a long while and any they do will most likely be in the Realms even though they are the most boring and least orignal dnd world ever they do have the largest fan base sigh

Beware the Sleepeater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12