Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Earning True heart of wood takes from 1 to 4 hours

I explain how to earn true heart of wood in 1 hour: have decent character solo Devil assault of Epic Normal, then before finishing last boss (he can be kited for long time, hint) put LFM with following: Free mats and goodies from chests, at end fight (pass me tokens please). Usual drop is 2 tokens per run (sometimes u get 1 token), takes around 35 min to solo it, need ship rebuff each run so need around 70-80 mins for 2 runs, you get around 10 tokens per run (with other 5 people also passing you).

Another option if server is slow to fill group for free chests in DA EN, you can do Time is money run. You need level 21 though for challenge so join usually run EN VON 3 runs, need around 3 of them (1 hour from 20 to 21). When you got 21, go for Time is money, choose difficulty for lvl 25, go solo. Do run few times and you will know how to get around 150-170 epic mephit wins in 5 min. 1 Token is 300 epic wings, so you get around 5-6 tokens per hour.

This info is for developers, how to farm easy at lvl 20 (21) tokens for true heart of wood.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    This info is for developers, how to farm easy at lvl 20 (21) tokens for true heart of wood.
    That's a nice illustration of how easy it is, but I'd be quite surprised if developers didn't already know that most players are obtaining twenty tokens grinding trivial runs of Devils Assault and challenges. That is at least part of what motivated their ill-proposed changes, in the sense that the amount of time taken to obtain a heart is much smaller today than when the mechanic was first introduced.

Community Member

I explain how to earn true heart of wood in 1 hour: have decent character solo Devil assault of Epic Normal, then before finishing last boss (he can be kited for long time, hint) put LFM with following: Free mats and goodies from chests, at end fight (pass me tokens please).
    You are also assuming you will get five people to just come and pass you tokens which would be the only reason to enter that quest. I know I would not waste my time to go give you tokens.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    You are also assuming you will get five people to just come and pass you tokens which would be the only reason to enter that quest. I know I would not waste my time to go give you tokens.
    Those groups have no trouble filling and this happens frequently even for public LFM's. The tradeoff for tokens that some players don't want is the shot at large mats and shards of power that they do want. That may not be worth it for you but it is for many more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Those groups have no trouble filling and this happens frequently even for public LFM's. The tradeoff for tokens that some players don't want is the shot at large mats and shards of power that they do want. That may not be worth it for you but it is for many more.
    Well if it was happenign before, you can bet it won't be anymore with the token change.

Community Member

I explain how to earn true heart of wood in 1 hour:
    <<snip>>
    you get around 10 tokens per run (with other 5 people also passing you).
    If people give you stuff, stuff is easy to get.

Community Member

People get 5 free chests which contain mats for greensteel crafting, besides other goodies.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

For every you there are lots of people who will.

When I put LFM like this (note, I alwats done EH, bug caused it to generate 25% less tokens, but its faster, beacuse mobs have bigger CR, so I can charge blizt) it fills in less than 2 minutes. Usually, there are more people clicking than spots in party.

About 19 out of 20 passes their tokens.

Even if they wouldn't, its fast (but boring) way to get heart.

Community Member

Lightbulb

I help others and others help me doing the exact same thing.

What is wrong with that?

Not everyone is as self-centered as you are. If I am not in the middle of things I will join parties such as those asking for people to help them pull a Bauble from Weapon Shipment.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

snip

This is exactly why they want to change everything.

When they took away the timers on Epic quests and added Challenges they made it extremely fast to farm Tokens and have lost revenue in True Hearts.

Prior to that you needed to farm many quests to gather 20 Tokens to TR and Tokens were just about only way to upgrade Epic weapons with slots so giving up Tokens for Hearts was a sacrifice when they took a lot of work to earn.

Players who wanted to do multiple lives and did not have the time to farm Epic quests and wait out the timers to earn Hearts would buy them.

Like it or not this is their fix to a problem they created themselves.

*** on a personal note

I do think Heroic Hearts should be earnable without leveling beyond 20 either by farming Challenges or DA whatever is your poison without running Epic Sagas.

I don't have a problem with Iconic and Epic Hearts coming from Sagas as long as the number of sagas needed to acquire a Heart are reasonable.

My problems with the Hearts coming from Sagas are:
    that forces you to give up the other Saga rewards unless the CoV are auto granted instead of selectable as a reward.
    Quest closers may effect completions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Not everyone is as self-centered as you are. If I am not in the middle of things I will join parties such as those asking for people to help them pull a Bauble from Weapon Shipment.
    I must have pulled 8 or more Baubles and handed them away in my time in trade for some free XP and loot in the time it takes to teleport to Amrath run to Weapons shipment.

Community Member

If the problem is you can earn Tokens too fast, I'd rather they just make Tokens unpassable than completely scrap them and replace them with Commendations you only earn by completing Sagas...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    If the problem is you can earn Tokens too fast, I'd rather they just make Tokens unpassable than completely scrap them and replace them with Commendations you only earn by completing Sagas...
    the problem is Tokens make True Hearts in the DDO store obsolete.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    If I was self-centered I would join the LFM and keep the tokens myself. But I am not going to join someone's LFM just to give them tokens. People that put up such LFMs are the self-centered ones. Saying people can only join if they give them their tokens or whatever else is in the LFM.

So keep you damn assumptions to yourself.

Community Member

I need to add that you need be VIP to have unlimited access to challenges (if you want to grind via challenges though DA EN is faster) OR have self-sufficient character (who can solo DA on EN difficulty).

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    the problem is Tokens make True Hearts in the DDO store obsolete.
    The price of 1495TP also helps to make store hearts obsolete. Outrageous price.

Community Member

it only takes that long if you can endure the nonfunness of it...i cant... ide rather run a variety of quests than feel like ime at a mind numbing job

i know lots of players who get thier hearts thru running quests and buying them ...we have known about the challenge option since those rewards were added

but find that it feels too much like work

I need to add that you need be VIP to have unlimited access to challenges (if you want to grind via challenges though DA EN is faster) OR have self-sufficient character (who can solo DA on EN difficulty).
    or buy the pack at store then you have unlimited acces.

Also, its EN. All toons are able to solo a Epic Normal quest. this is how casuals level.. you know,, doing normal quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    The price of 1495TP also helps to make store hearts obsolete. Outrageous price.
    expecially considering the fact that i've bought two of them 1 year ago (before to start to ''dare'' to earn them by my own in game)... -_-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast