Default Update 19 Patch 2: Well Done!

I would just like to take a moment to thank the Devs for such a great patch. It is clear that you are really listening to the player base and implementing changes that are strongly desired by the player community. I think the level of dev to player communication over the last few months has been fantastic. It's been great to see the devs talking with players more on the forums and on Lamannia. I'd like to single out a few patch changes that are worthy of special mention in this regard.

New Sagas: The Saga system has returned, and seven new Sagas are available. See the full Release Notes below for more information!

This is awesome! The Saga system is a great incentive for players to take their skills to the next level and run Epic Elite instead of just Epic Hard. I think this will be a very positive step towards stepping up player skill and investment in the game. Thank you so much for putting priority on bringing this back.

Gold Rolls of 97 or higher now have a chance to provide a rare Cosmetic Armor in addition to standard rewards.

I love cosmetic effects being the game. They are a great way to customize your character's look. I know I am not alone in this. I hope we will begin to see more cosmetic rewards showing up in the daily dice. I would really like to see more cosmetic pets in the rolls. Also, the fact that they are included in addition to other rewards is a great way to reward players who want the cosmetics while still giving something valuable to those who have no use for them. Great call.

The Nature’s Warrior and Season’s Herald Druid Enhancement Trees have been updated. Some enhancements have been improved, and several new enhancements have been added.

As one of the least-played classes in the game, the druid really needed some more options. Thank you so much!

Several icons have been polished and improved.

This might not matter much to some folks, but I enjoy the new polished look. I am glad that more icons are getting a unique look rather than rehashing existing icons with minor changes or no changes for different effects.

Fixed an issue that could cause the Dark-Dark-Dark Finishing Move for monks to give a negative level to nearby allies as well as enemies.

This was a big problem and also a source of griefing. Thank you for fixing it.

Many Epic Destiny Feats at level 26 have been fixed to only require 1 Epic Destiny capped on XP, instead of 2. This includes all Epic Skill Feats.

Given how unfun it is to grind out multiple destinies that offer little benefit to your character, I am very happy to see this change.

Epic Chimera's Fang now properly recognizes the Greater Dragonmark of Sentinel.

I am certain all the bastard sword users out there are happy for this one. It's one of the best bastard swords in the game.

+10 and +20 elemental resistance affixes on items now grant the proper amount of resistance. Previously, they granted 3 resistance to an element.

Thank you for listening to the player base on this one and fixing it.

Mabar has been updated to accommodate levels 26+. The Campaign System will notify players when the event is active, later this Fall.

Mabar is my favorite special event. I look forward to it, especially the +5 tomes!

Raid completion counters have returned to their original state, and now once again track Heroic and Epic completions as one. The /quest completions command now reflects this change.

Again, thank you for listening to the community. This was a "feature" that was needlessly implemented too early without cause. I would be happy to see this implemented properly at some point in the future so that epic completions grant better rewards, but for now it just wasn't working and I am glad you rolled this one back for now.

Death Ward can no longer be cast on Undead creatures or players.
    Divine Light can no longer damage players.
    Death Aura, Lesser Death Aura, and Negative Energy Burst are no longer blocked by items with Spell Absorption charges.

This was a MAJOR problem for all players of Pale Masters. Even though it took a while to fix, I am very happy to see it and look forward to playing my Pale Master again, who was shelved after the death ward and divine light bug popped up.

One question though: is it still possible for players to use Turn Undead on Pale Masters in public areas? This has been an ongoing issue since Update 19 was released and cause for much griefing.

There is now a confirmation prior to spending Astral Shards to re-roll a chest.

THANK YOU! This should have been there starting with the implementation of the feature. Thank you again for listening to player requests on this matter.

Chat window word wrapping has been restored.

This has been a constant source of problematic communication in chat. Thank you for fixing it.

Once again, thank you so much for the fixes. I hope that the dev-player communication and response continues in this direction. DDO is the best MMO on the market and it is my sincere hope that better dev communication and response to player concerns will ensure it continues on for years to come.

I agree, with all the stuff they broke and screwed up in the patch (as usual, sigh), I did also notice a number of nice fixes and a slightly more stable performance of the game.

Annoying UI choices and cute placeholder icons are silly and not gamebreaking; I'll still give em flak for it but it's not that big of a deal if they don't tarry too long in solving these minor yet important issues (as it'd certainly leave a horrible impression on new players, and quite a bunch seem to be coming/returning to check out the new stuff).

You can Turn Pale Masters?

(puts Turn Undead on hotbar for the first time since level 3)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    You can Turn Pale Masters?

(puts Turn Undead on hotbar for the first time since level 3)
    Turn undead has really got a boost the last few updates. It would be funny to see a cleric/wizard (necro spec) use turn undead and kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    Turn undead has really got a boost the last few updates. It would be funny to see a cleric/wizard (necro spec) use turn undead and kill themselves.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish I could see this!

Community Member

"You only broke one important quest this time!"

Yea, seems like the bar for 'well done' is set kind of low....

I thought the one time only Mabar tome was +6 on Llamma?

I hope so! Otherwise no reason to run Mabar for me.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

They probably removed the +6 tome from Mabar after they weren't working.

The +5 is still nice but not as big of a motivator to run the event
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Death Aura, Lesser Death Aura, and Negative Energy Burst are no longer blocked by items with Spell Absorption charges.[/B]
    This was a MAJOR problem for all players of Pale Masters. Even though it took a while to fix, I am very happy to see it and look forward to playing my Pale Master again, who was shelved after the death ward and divine light bug popped up.

+over9000 !!!!!!1111!!!1!!11!1!!!!

Weeeee are the champions my frieeee-eeeeends! (don't know why Queen entered there but that's what happens when something as glorious as this happens).

TY x 1000 Turban! (a tribute to you know who that pronounces it that way).
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Will they ever update named loots table by adding lvl 28 loots?

Community Member

Default Lamannia question

I was unable to preview the update. Where could I download a clean version of the Lamannia server? I think my version somehow got corrupted on my computer during a thunderstorm. Any help you could give would be very welcome.