A build I'm working on at the moment, designed to work on synergies between whirling steel strike, the monk class & the war priest enhancement line.
Starting stats - to be filled in later when i get home.. the character i built it on is a 36 point build but others should work fine.
12 favoured soul, 6 monk, 2 fighter
Heroic: 2wf, i2wf, g2wf, dodge, PA, cleave, great cleave, IC:slashing, whirling steel strike, weapon focus: slashing, Light path, dodge, quicken, empower healing, master of forms.
Epic: Overwhelming criticals, others to be decided but perma-haste at level 27 seems a good bet
It's level 18 at the moment & seems very effective - a few highlights:
- Running in earth stance 3 it has some pretty tasty crits which will only get better with OC later
- Some decent buff & curative spells
- Full BAB
- Longswords have an extra +5 enhancement bonus (looking forward to dual oathblades!) & gain some light damage on a vorpal hit
- Longswords also count as spellcasting implement to supplement spellpower further
- FoL plus ameliorating strike gives some great survivability in combat, sufficient for many circumstances & they can be backed up with actual healing spells when necessary - running for a couple hours last night i never had to cast any on myself though.
- Perma-blur & Shadow Veil clicky
- Reed in the wind, a nice extra damage atack that gives a useful dodge boost every few seconds.
- Good dodge % will only get better later with more gear up to the 28% cap.
- 1st tier in the healing ki boost line from Shintao means i have the remove curse thingy for when he's running a number of raids & quests later
- Sting of the ninja for extra poison damage
- Divine vessel for extra periodic AoE damage
- Enflame to boost self & group with extra damage, % elemental resistances & +saves.
Currently i've got some enhancement points in the racial tree, but those will be removed in later epic levels to add more to the AoV tree to allow me to take the archon, adding extra dps capability... and when running in exalted angel destiny it'll let me cast divine wrath frequently for combined AoE damage & healing.