Thread: Remove Re-roll

Default Remove Re-roll

So I have lost count on how many shards I have wasted by accidently clicking the re-roll option when looting chests when attempting to hit the Loot all button. the new location of the re-roll has made it even easier for me to missclick. I now only loot chests that drop named items and even then i take my time to make sure i hit the right option very frusterating.

Another solution would be to have a follow pop up box saying are you sure you want to reroll chest.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    So I have lost count on how many shards I have wasted by accidently clicking the re-roll option when looting chests when attempting to hit the Loot all button. the new location of the re-roll has made it even easier for me to missclick. I now only loot chests that drop named items and even then i take my time to make sure i hit the right option very frusterating.

Another solution would be to have a follow pop up box saying are you sure you want to reroll chest.
    supposedly that pop up box was added today in the patch. I didn't try it, but ive heard there is one now.

as far as the location of the re-roll button, I hate it. right on top of the loot all button? it just makes it more clear Turbines intentions with this button, but at least there is a warning now.

Or.... you could just not be lazy and take a few extra seconds to simply take the items out of the chest the old fashioned way.
    There was a time when 'Loot All' never existed and life was fine then. It truly only takes two seconds maximum to loot a chest and I normally do it anyways to avoid the pile up of useless junk that chest normally have in them.

I have not used any shards accidentally re-rolling the loot, nor have I even cared about the locations of the 'Loot All' or 'Re-roll Loot' buttons.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default Even if the feature is working I am afraid to test it. A future bug will happen IMO.

I am afraid to test to see if the re-roll button ( are you sure? yes or no) actually works. I simply refuse to test it. I don't trust it. Because of the track record.

Even if it is working, it is only a matter of time that it is going to bug and that feature will be disabled by accident (something out of left field in a future update is going to disable this) and someone mis-clicks it by mistake (because of where it is located) and does not get the confirmation and the astral shards will be gone forever.

Put it in a spot where we have to actually make the effort to click on it so no one gets grief. This has already been shown in another thread. The Re-roll button was on the very top. No mistake can be made then.

Community Member

Either remove the box entirely, add a toggle in the UI options to hide it or make the box discrete in the corner or something.

While I have not misclicked it yet, in terms of gameplay experience, customisable UI and the info on screen I like, having a big box for an option I loathe pop up every time a chest is opened is annoying.

Default the loot rerol button?

we hates it!

too close to the loot all button.
    wastes my time making sure i click on the right button.
    destroyes my immersion into the game world

and last but not least:

destroyes the trust i have in turbine, all this money grabbing makes me think that the game is doing badly (money wise), i haven't used the oppertunity last week to drop 500 bucks in for points (as i usualy do when double points are around), because i don't know for how long this game will be around.
    Last edited by lyrecono; 09-27-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo

Community Member

by default you can press B on the keyboard to loot all

coming soon to DDO: v,g,h and n are now bound to the re-roll loot button by default
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

I've heard that there is a confirmation box now, but I'm with the title: remove it.

It was a stupid feature to begin with.