Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Same here: since U19 mobs can, well, mob you. Being urrounded now equals being glued to the floor.

Greetz,
    Red Orm.
    At least you aren't forced to hit the person who has aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I experienced the same thing tonight. got trapped in Free Delera with some ghostly skeletons and couldn't jump out like I normally could before. took quite awhile and all my turns using the uber awesome ghostbane weapon to finally fight my way out. wasn't even zerging or surfing above them. just plain trapped no matter what I did. same thing happened in a couple other quests, so after that I smartened up I make sure not to let that happen again. no idea if its WAI or not.
    Yes Yes we get it - Ghostbane is disliked.

BUT

Ghostbane DOES NOT break Ghostly Skelly DRs - It is Undead Bane NOT Good!

Ghostly Skellies do NOT require Ghost Touch either!

Now if that was a Holy {or Flametouched} of Ghostbane weapon you'd have a Point!

I personally have no issues with Ghostbane - I've mentioned many times on these forums that Undead Bane should Inherently break DRs and Incorporeality of Undead.

I'm STILL waiting however for:

-Elemental Bane - Should Break DR of Elementals! {or DR/- if not possible to give Elementals their own personal DR}.
    -Construct Bane - Should Break DR/Adamantine as a given!
    -Aberration Bane - Needs Byeshk added!
    -Chaotic Outsider - Change name to...Demon Bane and add Cold Iron!
    -Lawful Outsider - Change name to Fiend Bane and add Silver!
    -Vermin Bane, Animal Bane - Add Lvl Relevant Bleed as a given!
    -Humanoid Bane - Make it work on everything from Humans/Elves/Halflings to Gnolls/Wildmen - Add Lvl Relevant Poison Dmg!
    -Reptile Bane - Add Lvl Relevant Poison Resist. - Also make it work on Dragons!
    -Giant Bane - Add Lvl Relevant {and Boosted} Tendon Slice + Trip!

For Rangers:

- Lose Evil Outsider as this makes Chaotic {Demon} and Lawful {Fiend} Pointless!
    - Merge Dragons with Reptilians!

Cannot Believe I forgot Ooze Bane and Everbright in my Previous Post!

This is the most important of all if the Devs really truly want to help Newbies!

Just jumped out of crowds today, but i THINK that i failed when i had some 10+ of them on me at the same time. So it might be a new antizerg effect added.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Got stuck on my Arti today, I was surprised since I had never experienced it before, unless you end up surfing ontop of them, but this was different. But one tactical deto later and I freed myself

This will be a killer in the wrong circumstances. But in a way I like it - it's not like you can just jump free in real life.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Just jumped out of crowds today, but i THINK that i failed when i had some 10+ of them on me at the same time. So it might be a new antizerg effect added.
    If it is something like that, I am all for it. When it happened to me it just took me by surprise and naturally thought something was wrong. I actually don't want it fixed because it would require people to be more careful zerging or rounding mobs up. It requires a bit more tactics. However, this affects melees more and tougher to get unpinned than other classes.

I got surrounded by a bunch of kobolds last night, I couldn't move an inch oooooohhh the horrors!!! Gaaahhhhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Got stuck on my Arti today, I was surprised since I had never experienced it before, unless you end up surfing ontop of them, but this was different. But one tactical deto later and I freed myself This will be a killer in the wrong circumstances. But in a way I like it - it's not like you can just jump free in real life.
    The sad thing is I still couldn't get out after a TD with all mobs on their backs. Have to kill your way out. Gave us invisibility back (somewhat) and then make changes like this. I feel setup lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    If it is something like that, I am all for it. When it happened to me it just took me by surprise and naturally thought something was wrong. I actually don't want it fixed because it would require people to be more careful zerging or rounding mobs up. It requires a bit more tactics. However, this affects melees more and tougher to get unpinned than other classes.
    If it is WAI, and only pops up when you have enough mobs on you, its a great idea, one that could replace DA.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I disagree that it could be a good thing. I have over the max Jump, and even with Cannith Boots on I could not free myself. 1st FoM, now THIS??? Today was my first time ever experiencing this. I figure on athletic classes with high Jump, the whole point of active combat should mean escape is possible. Low jump, fine, swarmed. Many low jump classes would be fine to stand in the thick of it...

Anyways, 1st time today and wasn't happy about it. House Avithoul, slaves and guards, shoulda been cake, instead died. Died! More from shock than anything else, next time it happened i coped, but still. Not cool. I have jump for a reason, active combat.

Bug reported.

actually in sense of old paper dnd it make sense, its pretty difficult to make standing jump to get over mob - according to rules DC to jump over 6 feet is about 50.

maybe this change makes tumble skill and pass thru enemies abilities really relevant

just trying to find some reasons for change, as i hope this is not just colliding geometries isue i got mobbed personnaly couple times, especially when running thru quests invisibled with no move silent skill

i like this change, now things like master of flowers, acrobat and magister stuffs for walk between enemies have real use.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Just wanted to add another confirmation... got stuck in Cry for Help in this manner on one of the bridges... Jump did nothing... don't even think it tried the animation (like when you are lagged out and do the hoppity hop without leaving the ground)

Quote Originally Posted by Alizar View Post
    I've noticed that I can't jump out of a group of monsters that have surrounded me since U19. Only way out is by killing enough to free up a path out. Was this a documented change? People aware of this? It is something you definitely have to be mindful of since it can end you if you are not careful.
    I noticed this as well it is like I am pinned in one spot and can't move unless I make a path.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    - Lose Evil Outsider as this makes Chaotic {Demon} and Lawful {Fiend} Pointless!
    ...alternatively, add more Chaotic/Lawful Neutral Outsiders. (Maybe even the occasional CG/LG one, just requires a good excuse on part of the quest designer.)

Oh, and maybe some NE Outsiders too.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    i like this change, now things like master of flowers, acrobat and magister stuffs for walk between enemies have real use.
    Nerfing one system in order to validate a newer one is poor design. I already make sacrifices in certain areas to make my characters perform better in others. Jump is a key skill, I expect it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    just trying to find some reasons for change, as i hope this is not just colliding geometries isue i got mobbed personnaly couple times, especially when running thru quests invisibled with no move silent skill
    My instincts lead me to suspect that it is indeed a collision problem - the mobs are so close they're inside your hitbox, instantly "bumping" you back to the ground. We've had it for a while that mobs try to path to your exact position (and begin spinning around you trying to find a way in). I guess Turbine finally gave in and let them get there.

Possibly related, has mob circling stopped, I wonder?

This happened to my max jump barbarian last night...and it feels like it is a new thing. Got caught in between Earth Ellies in Break the Ice EH final fight. My guild healer literally spammed raid quality heals while I struggled to do my normal cleave-then-jump-out routine. Only this time jumping did not work...almost like it was a spell interrupted.

If WAI, like to know from a dev. Otherwise, it requires new tactics like strafing against large mob numbers.

I don't want to go overboard with complaints, but undocumented and significant play-style changes are getting old. Different is good, but pretty soon the game becomes not exactly what we liked to begin with...
    -------------------
    Anatir the Wild Man - Pure Barbarian
    Baldornix Magnus - Paladin 1st Life, Bard 2nd Life
    Cannith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12