Community Member

Default Favored Soul/Fighter build

I've seen a lot of talk about the 18/2 FvS/Fighter build being one of the best solo builds. I currently have a 5/4 FvS/Fighter, and was just going to continue with Fighter, but I'm open to restarting. I plan on only using the FvS powers for healing/buffs and devote more levels to Fighter, since I want the extra hit/damage from Weapon Specialization and ultimately go Kensei. Is there a viable build for this, or is it simply not worth going any further than level 2 with Fighter? Thanks for your opinions!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegfreidZ View Post
    I've seen a lot of talk about the 18/2 FvS/Fighter build being one of the best solo builds. I currently have a 5/4 FvS/Fighter, and was just going to continue with Fighter, but I'm open to restarting. I plan on only using the FvS powers for healing/buffs and devote more levels to Fighter, since I want the extra hit/damage from Weapon Specialization and ultimately go Kensei. Is there a viable build for this, or is it simply not worth going any further than level 2 with Fighter? Thanks for your opinions!
    I just took a look at the new enhancements for FvS, Warpriest. I'm not great at making builds, but I think it looks like it will change the way people create melee FvS. When I first played DDO I made a FvS, but it was not focused on either melee or spells; he was a mess. I'm now on my third life and was thinking of another FvS/Pal/Fgt (17/2/1). This way I would have pal saves, and an extra feat from fighter. Now I'm thinking a pure FvS could be better.

I'm sure others will add some feedback after Warpriest gets reviewed a bit more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kylric View Post
    I just took a look at the new enhancements for FvS, Warpriest. I'm not great at making builds, but I think it looks like it will change the way people create melee FvS. When I first played DDO I made a FvS, but it was not focused on either melee or spells; he was a mess. I'm now on my third life and was thinking of another FvS/Pal/Fgt (17/2/1). This way I would have pal saves, and an extra feat from fighter. Now I'm thinking a pure FvS could be better.

I'm sure others will add some feedback after Warpriest gets reviewed a bit more.
    Requires 18 level of FvS to get haste as a spell. It was originally haste as a lower tier and blur as level 18 required but they switched that around. (or so the devs said they were going to) Ofc maybe you don't want haste, but to me, that was the selling point of warpriest. ;-)

So you could perhaps still take the two levels of Paladin for the saves and martial weapon prof's, if you felt so inclined., without loosing too much.

Community Member

So, pure FvS would be better at soloing than FvS/Fighter?

Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon

I splashed 1 lvl of fighter with my FvS to get heavy armor and warhammers. I also only get one lvl of specialization with only 1 lvl of fighter but I pick up more through being a human and follwoing S.H. It all depends. I think the more lvls of FvS the better...

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegfreidZ View Post
    I've seen a lot of talk about the 18/2 FvS/Fighter build being one of the best solo builds. I currently have a 5/4 FvS/Fighter, and was just going to continue with Fighter, but I'm open to restarting. I plan on only using the FvS powers for healing/buffs and devote more levels to Fighter, since I want the extra hit/damage from Weapon Specialization and ultimately go Kensei. Is there a viable build for this, or is it simply not worth going any further than level 2 with Fighter?
    The problem with this approach is that spellcasting scales with caster level; so the more you multiclass, the weaker your healing & DPS spells get.

That said, EllisDee37 has a ftr 12 / cleric 8 build you might want to check out. I'm not convinced the cure spells are strong enough to be worth it, but you still get a fair number of buffs from Warpriest + cleric spells.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

I'd like to bump this with my idea.

I'm looking for a FVS/FTR 19/1 build hoping to take the two handed fighting tree to give viable melee DPS and a few healing feats so that I can heal a party if required. This will be my third past life so I can create a 36 point build which is nice.

The idea is that I'd like this character to be viable in end game content and possibly be able to run EE content in a group and contribute nicely.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I'd like to bump this with my idea.

I'm looking for a FVS/FTR 19/1 build hoping to take the two handed fighting tree to give viable melee DPS and a few healing feats so that I can heal a party if required. This will be my third past life so I can create a 36 point build which is nice.

The idea is that I'd like this character to be viable in end game content and possibly be able to run EE content in a group and contribute nicely.
    Use https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ope-Melee-Soul it is what i run and its very effective, you get more from pld then 1 level of fighter.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Pally splash is better for your saves (Divine Grace); ftr splash is better for your melee DPS (extra feats, Haste Boost, etc.). I would say the ftr splash is better for leveling (since FvS have high saves already as well as good buffs and healing); but pally splash is better for epics, esp. EEs, where saves are more important and you can pick up a lot of melee DPS from EDs (LD / FotW) to make up for losing the ftr splash.

In terms of survivability, it's tough to beat FvS 16 / pal 2 / monk 2; but that costs you lvl 9 spells (Mass Heal), at which point you won't be considered a "real" raid healer. Ofc, if raid healing isn't one of your build goals, that's not such a big loss...
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Default My opinion with half elf

I think that favored soul 18/ fighter 2 is probably better when you role it with half elf and his Paladin dilletant Feat
    Just my opinion
    If i wanted to play FVS/PAL i would probably splash it like 17/3 (loosing haste in warpriest enchantments)