Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The unofficial fixes and bugs list for u19.2

Just thought I'd start a thread to gather together all the new things that are in the latest patch, but are not in the release notes or official known issues list. I will try to edit this initial post when I can and summarize follow up posts to this thread when multiple people have confirmed something. If it is a new bug, please use the bug reporting tool. I am not expecting the devs to monitor this thread. I only wanted to try to consolidate any information that is posted in the forums concerning the latest patch. If there is a thread that is started that covers a particular issue, please link to it in your post. And as a service to those who haven't looked at the official known issues list, here is a copy of what is new in it (last updated 9/26/13):

• The Saga NPCs are temporarily unavailable. Thanks for your patience! NOTE: Even though the NPCs are unavailable, quest completions are still being tracked for credit towards your saga completion once the NPCs are available again.
    • The quest "End of the Road" is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    • Kobolds are not properly using teleporters or Dimension Doors in crystal collection Challenges.

Unofficial list of fixes (last updated 9/26/13) :
    • Cannith challenge items that have spell lore have been corrected from single digit critical chances to the correct double digit ones (12-16%)

Unofficial list of changes/additions (last updated 9/23/13) :
    • Hall of Heroes has portals that take you to an event when its active (Cove/Mabar/Risia or Midwinter depending on realm)

Unofficial list of bugs (last updated 9/26/13) :
    • Ranged weapons from Cannith challenges do not fire (confirmed by Cordovan)
    • The re-integration of heroic and epic raid counters into one raid counter has had the side effect of Wheloon and Storm Horns quest giver NPCs only handing out heroic rewards even if the content was run on an epic difficulty. (confirmed by Feather of Sun)
    Last edited by DDO_University; 09-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Visit http://ddouniversity.wordpress.com/ for more information

Default Addition to Hall of Heroes

In a thread about the servers being down for an update a picture was provided in a follow up post. It appears there are now portals in the Hall of Heroes. I cannot remember checking this before the update happened, so cannot confirm that it is new with the update. I did use an iconic hero to enter both the Eberron hall and the one in Forgotten Realms. Just a guess, but the portals look like they will take you to an event when it is active. The pictures over the Eberron portals suggest Crystal Cove, Mabar, and Risia Ice Games. The single portal in Forgotten Realms has a picture that looks like the snowflakes in the Midwinter Festival there. Can anyone recall checking that alcove just before the update?
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Default Ranged combat weapons broken.

Also in the server downtime thread was a link to a Lamania post where it is reported the repeating crossbow from the Cannith challenges is broken. A follow up mentions that the Epic Elemental Longbow of Earth is also broken. I personally sacrificed Cannith ingredients to manufacture a brand new level 4, level 8/tier1, and level 20 tier/1 Longbow and found that none of them functioned. Arrows were consumed when firing them, but the dice roll for the attack does not occur. I also fired an Epic Hard Tortured Livewood Bow. It hit, but did no acid damage and did not apply acid arrow to the target. Is there someone who know which Lamania threads contain further details of problems with ranged weapons that may have gone live?

Default Faster loading when entering crafting halls

My personal computer is old and slow, so entering a crafting hall usually involved the hard drive light staying on for at least 30 seconds solid while the loading screen remained up. That appears to be but down to 5 to 10 seconds for me. Anyone else notice a speed up in the crafting halls?

Loading screen: Our beloved 'the' loadingscreen is back.
    LFM Panel: Iconic Hero classes still havent gotten a propper image next to their name.

Ilmer
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt Drow Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Bladeforged Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith.

2014 DDO Players Council

Spell Focus stacking got broken.

Unless they decided to deliberately stealth-nerf their own raid loot. In which case it should still go on the list, as a "fix".

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    It never left I saw it several times before todays patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It never left I saw it several times before todays patch.
    Ok, I just seem to remember some Notes claim it was fixed a while back. Nevermind then.

Edit: Actually I was remembering right. Was fixed in 18.2 - http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-2

Ilmer
    Last edited by IlmerSilverhilt; 09-23-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    Ilmer Silverhilt, 36pt Elf Fighter12/Monk6/Paladin2. The Kighter
    Mesmerita d'Jorasco, 36pt Drow Bard20. Can't talk, TR'ing!
    Acrobot, 36pt Bladeforged Banker/Puppet/Guildeader
    The Adventure Pack(200), Cannith.

Is EN Lords of Dust's CRs fixed? How about bard hirelings' Ironskin Chant not doing anything? I've reported those and they still don't seem to make it even into the known issues list.

Community Member

Default No love for Rangers :(

Quote Originally Posted by DDO_University View Post
    Also in the server downtime thread was a link to a Lamania post where it is reported the repeating crossbow from the Cannith challenges is broken. A follow up mentions that the Epic Elemental Longbow of Earth is also broken. I personally sacrificed Cannith ingredients to manufacture a brand new level 4, level 8/tier1, and level 20 tier/1 Longbow and found that none of them functioned. Arrows were consumed when firing them, but the dice roll for the attack does not occur. I also fired an Epic Hard Tortured Livewood Bow. It hit, but did no acid damage and did not apply acid arrow to the target. Is there someone who know which Lamania threads contain further details of problems with ranged weapons that may have gone live?
    I just wanted to say that although I followed that thread on Lamania, my ranger could not bring himself to believe his beloved Epic Elemental Longbow of Earth that he ran challenges for would be broken. Rangers don't get a lot of love but with that longbow, he usually earned his keep in quests/raids. Oh, he has other "nice" longbows, nothing even close to that kind of epic bow. Oh well, hopefully next patch/update will see the damage being mitigated.

/signed, sad ranger

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Spell Focus stacking got broken.

Unless they decided to deliberately stealth-nerf their own raid loot. In which case it should still go on the list, as a "fix".
    Yeah, I don't think it was ever meant to work like that.

Also, dodge stacking got fixed today, too. Shame. I mean, it still required you to dedicate several slots to items with +dodge% on them to fully benefit from it... Would it have been so bad to leave this in? :\ Now, we're back to monks being the only characters who can realistically come anywhere close to the dodge cap and even they have to spend a significant amount on enhancements to achieve the highest numbers.
    Last edited by djl; 09-23-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlmerSilverhilt View Post
    LFM Panel: Iconic Hero classes still havent gotten a propper image next to their name.

Ilmer
    It never left

Cannith Challenge items with spell lores look to be fixed. Augment slots still look to be borked, though. I have an eCloak of Flames which predates the new augment system, and instead of showing "Colorless Augment Slot - Exceptional Intelligence +1", it just shows "Exceptional Intelligence +1".

The Saga NPCs are also confused about what quests you need. The heroic GH Saga NPC implies on one page that my Favored Soul is only missing The Reaver's Fate. On the list of quests to be completed, it says A Cabal for One (which I have already run). And when I ask for information about the next quest in the Saga, he gives me the description for the Crucible!
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Owlbears and Panther hirelings are not showing up in party. This causes them to not be limited to party size, potentially allowing a part of 6 to be 18. Our instance we only had a party of 8 including the hirelings and ended having the instance crash. Not sure it was related to them or not.

Breaking the ranks on EH seems to only be giving level 19 loot (the heroic loot) in the end reward.
    Last edited by Levonestral; 09-23-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

They updated the Savant ToD sets. It now recognizes my air savant enhancements, giving me the "Air Savant II" buff, offering +2 max caster levels. It also now claims to offer a +2% artifact bonus to electrical spell crit instead of the old +5% (enchantment) and +0.5 multiplier (which did nothing). I presume the other sets have been updated, but I haven't checked.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

The Screen "The" never went away.

For those of us that BOUGHT MoTU and we could create level 7 characters they fixed it so when you picked canned cleric and stay on the path you did not have to select Unyielding Sovereignty, IT WAS THE ONLY CHOICE TO MAKE ANYWAY. That is fixed.

Detect Secret Doors Clickies are now LEVEL 10.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

The teir5 mystic monk enhancement Every Light Casts a Shadow procs neg levels on party members = FUN.

and

Monk and Rogue staff enhancements with the same name still stack, thankfully...
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

We are still lacking a Skill Focus: Spellcraft.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Some Cannith Challenge items had their ML reduced by 1. My existing items don't seem to have the lowered level. Sigh.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Also, just found out that Saves Boost do not prevent you from failing on a natural 1.

If that matters, it was Human Versatility: Saves Boost. Not helf, PDK, or class-based. Those might be bugged as well.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast