Default Inventory REVAMP (Sign)

Add the D&D4 style magical bag of holding; which holds all items, based on UMD skill on how much you can carry.
    Fix all this out dated inventory stuff, update the other bags with details.
    Cause we do not have enough room in OUR INVENTORY!

Easy changes for the developers to make, but seemingly they lack the insight to change this.
    All such little changes will help to improve the game a huge amount.

Greets from G-land!

Er, I really, REALLY don't want my carrying capacity limited by the UMD skill. Not all my characters have it, so they'd get artificially screwed over on how much they can carry? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    Er, I really, REALLY don't want my carrying capacity limited by the UMD skill. Not all my characters have it, so they'd get artificially screwed over on how much they can carry? No thanks.
    Relax; not the inventory just the magical bag of holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    Relax; not the inventory just the magical bag of holding.
    Which "bag of holding" are you referring to? The fourth inventory slot? The fifth, that requires the portable hole? Or are you proposing a completely new inventory tab?

If you base any part of inventory space on a skill, you're making that skill something of a requirement.

Inventory right now is fine, imo. You can have up to 120 spaces (100 without paying a dime), which should be more than enough for the majority of people, unless you're a MAJOR packrat.

Which "bag of holding" are you referring to? The fourth inventory slot? The fifth, that requires the portable hole? Or are you proposing a completely new inventory tab?

If you base any part of inventory space on a skill, you're making that skill something of a requirement.

Inventory right now is fine, imo. You can have up to 120 spaces (100 without paying a dime), which should be more than enough for the majority of people, unless you're a MAJOR packrat.
    Inventory could use a revamp, and I'm not too much of a packrat, but I do like to be prepared. I have wands, pots, clickies, situational weapon sets etc etc, and it can add up really fast. On average I have 2.5 pages of stuff that I may need in a quest, and don't let me need spell components. My FvS has 3.5 pages of stuff she may need, and one of those pages is spell components and magical bags of varying sizes for collectibles, ingredients and gems. Stuff that, w/out the bags would jam pack my bags before a quest is half done. That leaves me about 30 slots for any loot that may drop in a quest, and depending on what I'm running, that may not be enough. It's pretty bad when the main consideration on the Depths chain is "do you guys have enough free slots to run the next one". I don't know that I'd want it tied to UMD, some of my toons would be just fine, others, not so much.

Revamp in what way? Giving us more space for junk? That doesn't seem like much of a "revamp".

Most of my characters I play regularly (ie, are 20+) have the extra inventory tab, so I've got 120 spaces to lug stuff around in. Even if I were to fill up 4 inventory tabs with provisions, that'd still leave me with 40 spaces free to pick up loot. Gems, collectables, etc all get funneled into bags, so they don't take up any room. I think the only way I could realistically run out of space is if I ran 4-5 quests back to back to back without ever hitting town again, and only if they had a bunch of chests in each one.

Also, bear in mind that any "extra inventory space" would likely only be offered as a purchasable option, not given out for free.

Revamp in what way? Giving us more space for junk? That doesn't seem like much of a "revamp".

Most of my characters I play regularly (ie, are 20+) have the extra inventory tab, so I've got 120 spaces to lug stuff around in. Even if I were to fill up 4 inventory tabs with provisions, that'd still leave me with 40 spaces free to pick up loot. Gems, collectables, etc all get funneled into bags, so they don't take up any room. I think the only way I could realistically run out of space is if I ran 4-5 quests back to back to back without ever hitting town again, and only if they had a bunch of chests in each one.

Also, bear in mind that any "extra inventory space" would likely only be offered as a purchasable option, not given out for free.
    My first thought would be potion bags, spell component bags, wand boxes/bags that would work the same way as quivers, only wouldn't need to be "equipped". This would revamp the inventory enough to clear up almost 2 pages for my aforementioned FvS. It wouldn't hurt my nublette wizard's feelings either.

You almost lost me at D&D4, but you had me back when you mentioned a need for more inventory space. I say make it as simple as possible. No need to base anything on UMD. If your storage capacity is to be based on anything it should be your strength score as it is currently. I don't need to hold more weight, I need more spaces to hold the weight I can theoretically already carry.

I just saw the new augment bag in the store today and it actually made me sad for everyone that bought one of the smaller (and still too small at the time) bags a while back. They are just trying to fleece people twice. Get a subpar bag early, then get the "real" bag that holds more augments later. It wouldn't be such an obvious fleecing if the bags weren't btc. It just makes me cringe at how Turbine handles inventory management.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

ill sign for an inventory revamp, but not for a magical bag of holding based on umd.

not signed.

seriously, we already have "Bags of holding" and can carry ridiculous amounts. learn how to purge folks. the idea of turbine actually maintaining an unlimited inventory is terrifying to me.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    My first thought would be potion bags, spell component bags, wand boxes/bags that would work the same way as quivers, only wouldn't need to be "equipped". This would revamp the inventory enough to clear up almost 2 pages for my aforementioned FvS. It wouldn't hurt my nublette wizard's feelings either.
    I could definitely agree with spell comp bags. I recall the devs saying it wouldn't work though due to the game constantly having to reduce the stacks every time you cast a spell or something. I'd imagine it would be the same for potions. Or any consumable.

I could definitely agree with spell comp bags. I recall the devs saying it wouldn't work though due to the game constantly having to reduce the stacks every time you cast a spell or something. I'd imagine it would be the same for potions. Or any consumable.
    I would imagine that that's correct. However, that's where I'd try to focus my attention. Even just a component bag would be nice, and would free up a minimum of 9 spaces on my FvS, more like 10 with the specials that I do have for Death Pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    Add the D&D4 style magical bag of holding; which holds all items, based on UMD skill on how much you can carry.
    • There is no UMD on 4e.
    • Bags of Holding are on D&D since 1st edition
    • Even on 3e, Bags of Holding have nothing to do with UMD

Me, I would be happy with my collectable/ingredient/soul/augment bags being a personal bank space shared to all charcters in my account. Like the ingredient stash in Guild Wars 2.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.