Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21
    Community Member Singular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    A fix has been made internally for this issue.
    Nice work, that was fast!

    How long does it subsequently take to put the fix live? Is that difficult?

    (sorry, I know nothing about programming)

  2. #22
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    So...maybe consider increasing the ingredient rewards in the interim so long as it is a "known issue" rather than "fixed"?

  3. #23
    Community Member Eistander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Might also want to check into some of the ES challenges as well.. blazing a trail of death and destruction in Fight to the Finish for a measly 40 silvers? Heck.. I'd be happy with an exchange for ingredients, so I can ransack Defenseless and make my items for alts while I run CitW for the weapons I'll be married to.

    Just a thought.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    How long does it subsequently take to put the fix live? Is that difficult?
    The servers have to be taken down to implement any code changes. We just had patch 2 go live; unless there's an unexpected hotfix or a third (19.3) patch -- both of which would be unusual -- we won't see any fix until U20.

    I am not privy to any timelines, but my guess on U20 would be early/mid-November, after Mabar but before Thanksgiving.

  5. #25
    Community Member Ebondevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Nice work, that was fast!
    I sent a bug report about the Kobolds in Lava Caves ignoring the teleporters and going way off path back in April 2012.

    1 Year and 5 months later they have an internal fix, really fast response!

    I guess it takes making a forum stink to actually get any issues fixed...

  6. #26
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I sent a bug report about the Kobolds in Lava Caves ignoring the teleporters and going way off path back in April 2012.

    1 Year and 5 months later they have an internal fix, really fast response!

    I guess it takes making a forum stink to actually get any issues fixed...
    Oddly enough i never had a problem with that unless i placed the teleporter in the wrong place. Must be my mistake.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  7. #27
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    So are they totally ignoring teleporters post 19.2 or is this the same bugginess we've had for some time now?

  8. #28
    Community Member Ebondevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Oddly enough i never had a problem with that unless i placed the teleporter in the wrong place. Must be my mistake.
    Oddly enough Kobolds should always use the Teleporters to go back to the foreman, assuming they are anywhere along the Torch path, they also act like a torch connection as well, if they're in the Circles of Power (Lava caves) it allows the Kobolds to travel both ways.

    So really the only way to place them wrong is to place them nowhere near where the kobolds are collecting crystals.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Not quite true. Kobolds use teleporters when they're placed within searching radius BEFORE they decide on a path. So if you see a kobold running past you heading to foreman and you place a teleporter there, the kobold will never notice it.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I sent a bug report about the Kobolds in Lava Caves ignoring the teleporters and going way off path back in April 2012.

    1 Year and 5 months later they have an internal fix, really fast response!

    I guess it takes making a forum stink to actually get any issues fixed...

    There are certain places in Lava Caves where the kobolds will never use the teleporter. It has always been this way. This may or may not be an actual teleporter problem, because what is really happening is that once they collect the crystals, they don't follow the line back to the teleporter. It's not like they're running PAST the teleporter.

    Apparently this bug is different... or at least it's spread out to become challenge-wide. Kobolds without crystals still take the teleporter back and during Collosal Crystal, the kobold carrying the big crystal took the teleporter back. It's almost like once they run out and collect a crystal, they disengage from the line and they never seem to register it again.

  11. #31
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Oddly enough Kobolds should always use the Teleporters to go back to the foreman, assuming they are anywhere along the Torch path, they also act like a torch connection as well, if they're in the Circles of Power (Lava caves) it allows the Kobolds to travel both ways.

    So really the only way to place them wrong is to place them nowhere near where the kobolds are collecting crystals.
    The place to place them wrong as at any point where there was a torch between it and the foreman that was closer in my experience
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    There are certain places in Lava Caves where the kobolds will never use the teleporter. It has always been this way. This may or may not be an actual teleporter problem, because what is really happening is that once they collect the crystals, they don't follow the line back to the teleporter. It's not like they're running PAST the teleporter.

    Apparently this bug is different... or at least it's spread out to become challenge-wide. Kobolds without crystals still take the teleporter back and during Collosal Crystal, the kobold carrying the big crystal took the teleporter back. It's almost like once they run out and collect a crystal, they disengage from the line and they never seem to register it again.
    While looking for Crystals, they will follow the layout you've provided with torches. After they have filled all their barrels with Crystals, they will look for the shortest path home from where they're standing, even if that's not along your torch line. If you have teleporters along your torch line, that may make that route effectively shorter, but the Kobolds don't know that - They'll take the shortest land route, stopping for teleporters only if they see them.

    The current bug has them ignoring Teleporters (and Dimension Doors) outright, which is not working as intended; a fix has been completed internally, and once it has been run past QA will be scheduled for release. We are aware that this impacts the difficulty of these Challenges significantly, and are looking to get the fix out as soon as we can. Thanks!

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    While looking for Crystals, they will follow the layout you've provided with torches. After they have filled all their barrels with Crystals, they will look for the shortest path home from where they're standing, even if that's not along your torch line. If you have teleporters along your torch line, that may make that route effectively shorter, but the Kobolds don't know that - They'll take the shortest land route, stopping for teleporters only if they see them.
    It would make challenges much more fun if they actually did look for the shortest route to a teleporter first, *then* look for the shortest route home. In fact, don't they do this in most cases? You can put the teleporter further into the cave system in most challenges, including crystal cove, and they will generally use it instead of running back. It's the weird cases where they decide to ignore the torch lines and the teleporter and run all the way back to the foreman in uncharted territory that is so frustrating.

    EDIT: actually, they should compare the shortest route to a teleporter to the shortest distance home and choose between them, not arbitrarily prioritize one over the other.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 09-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.

  14. #34
    Community Member Ebondevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    While looking for Crystals, they will follow the layout you've provided with torches. After they have filled all their barrels with Crystals, they will look for the shortest path home from where they're standing, even if that's not along your torch line. If you have teleporters along your torch line, that may make that route effectively shorter, but the Kobolds don't know that - They'll take the shortest land route, stopping for teleporters only if they see them.
    Well the Challenge rules say 'Guide the Kobolds to and from the Foreman using special torches'

    Bit hard to guide them to the Foreman if they ignore the torches...

    Not to mention I've had them ignore a teleporter they can see and travel a long way across the map.

    So wouldn't it make more sense and save a lot of trouble for them to just follow the torch path back to the foreman, if there's a torch path, and only take the shortest route if there's not?

  15. #35
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Well the Challenge rules say 'Guide the Kobolds to and from the Foreman using special torches'

    Bit hard to guide them to the Foreman if they ignore the torches...

    Not to mention I've had them ignore a teleporter they can see and travel a long way across the map.

    So wouldn't it make more sense and save a lot of trouble for them to just follow the torch path back to the foreman, if there's a torch path, and only take the shortest route if there's not?
    Yes, they should probably not deviate from the line, since non-line path is probably NOT cleared of mobs...

  16. #36
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    705

    Default Confirmation

    I ran time is money last nite and noticed the same thing.

    Fortunately it seems that when kobolds do not use the teleporter they are completely unmolested on their trip back.

    When I saw what was happening I ran down to try and protect what would have been a bunch of dead kobolds, and aggro'ed a bunch of stuff that apparently they didn't in their long journey back home.

    I have not tried them using DD, but will try that tonite.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  17. #37
    Community Member Healemup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    723

    Default Kobold Island Challenges have never been able to be completed

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The current bug has them ignoring Teleporters (and Dimension Doors) outright, which is not working as intended; a fix has been completed internally, and once it has been run past QA will be scheduled for release. We are aware that this impacts the difficulty of these Challenges significantly, and are looking to get the fix out as soon as we can. Thanks!
    While you are looking at the Cannith Challenges, can you look at the Kobold Island ones? There are two sets of challenges that have NEVER been able to be completed to 5/6 stars, to my knowledge. If someone has EVER gotten that many, I would love to know and I will go back to figuring out what I am doing wrong.

    Disruptor (both level 20 and 25)
    Short Cuts (both level 20 and 25)
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    While looking for Crystals, they will follow the layout you've provided with torches. After they have filled all their barrels with Crystals, they will look for the shortest path home from where they're standing, even if that's not along your torch line.
    This is not working as intended then. You can see this quickly by buying a teleporter and a few torches, then dropping down off the bridge immediately in front of the camp. Set up the teleporter for them to come down, and make a line about 3 (or 4, depending on how you place) out from the teleporter, up the ramp that starts leading back to the camp. The shortest path back is clearly for them to go back to the teleporter, but once they start collecting crystals about 2 and a half 'maximum torch lengths' away they will choose to walk all the way back to the camp, up the long winding road and around several side areas, rather than taking the 4 second walk back to the teleporter; unless they pass by a teleporter as they are going.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    This is not working as intended then. You can see this quickly by buying a teleporter and a few torches, then dropping down off the bridge immediately in front of the camp. Set up the teleporter for them to come down, and make a line about 3 (or 4, depending on how you place) out from the teleporter, up the ramp that starts leading back to the camp. The shortest path back is clearly for them to go back to the teleporter, but once they start collecting crystals about 2 and a half 'maximum torch lengths' away they will choose to walk all the way back to the camp, up the long winding road and around several side areas, rather than taking the 4 second walk back to the teleporter; unless they pass by a teleporter as they are going.
    As we said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    If you have teleporters along your torch line, that may make that route effectively shorter, but the Kobolds don't know that - They'll take the shortest land route, stopping for teleporters only if they see them.
    Kobolds can't see Crystals, Barrels or Teleporters much further away than one maximum torch length.

  20. #40
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Kobolds can't see Crystals, Barrels or Teleporters much further away than one maximum torch length.
    Can you get them some corrective lenses, then?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload