Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Teleporters in Challenges

the teleporters kobolds use in the challenges don't work anymore. they will take it to get there say circle of power. As to using them on returning they refuse to use it. they didn't use any in circle of power nor Dragon's hoard. So just warning people.

How many times did this happen? Sometimes it bugs out. Sometimes they get pathing issues. Just wondering if it is new, or if you were just unlucky.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

every time i laid down a teleporter in circles and in dragons hoard. they just refused to use it. i even bought a 2nd one placing it in their path still nothing. it was working fine yesterday.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    the teleporters kobolds use in the challenges don't work anymore. they will take it to get there say circle of power. As to using them on returning they refuse to use it. they didn't use any in circle of power nor Dragon's hoard. So just warning people.
    I've noticed this too in my few runs today, but it isn't such an uncommon occurrence that I'm ready to day they won't ever take the teleporter.

Collosal Crystal, the dude carrying the crystal took the teleporter. Others didn't. BUT, this happens all the time. The kobolds are stupid and have always refused to take teleporters in certain spots.

EM... I can't say, I don't ever use teleporters in there.

Yes, Kobolds are not properly recognizing teleporters and Dimension Door in Crystal Collection Challenges. We will be adding this to our Known Issues list pending a future fix.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, Kobolds are not properly recognizing teleporters and Dimension Door in Crystal Collection Challenges. We will be adding this to our Known Issues list pending a future fix.
    Thanks for the clarification. Please don't close them, we've been working around stupid Kobolds for years.

You're aware that this utterly breaks the challenges, right Cordovan?

Here's hoping this issue isn't dropped in the same queue as fixing challenge xp, which took 8 months and then when the fix finally came it didn't actually fix it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

Here's hoping this issue isn't dropped in the same queue as fixing challenge xp, which took 8 months and then when the fix finally came it didn't actually fix it.
    It should be fixed immediately, and it drops the mats/min severely, but they can still be easily completed (heck, I never even needed teleporters in Extraplanar Mining, to begin with). Let's not make them think they need to be closed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It should be fixed immediately, and it drops the mats/min severely, but they can still be easily completed (heck, I never even needed teleporters in Extraplanar Mining, to begin with). Let's not make them think they need to be closed. :P
    Yeah, definite inconvenience, but completion is still possible. Would rather have less than none.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I wouldn't say "break". It is very inconvenient, and may turn the shorter challenges (time is money, buying time) unbeatable if there is no cluster near base, but it is still possible to get the first star in any kobold challenge without teleporters.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Please make this a priority fix?

I would think this makes many of the crystal collections much less rewarding and tougher to complete. I would agree that shutting them down would be counter productive, but this seriously crimps the ability to gather crystals.

PLEASE have this put at the top of the list for bug fixes.

TY
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

A fix has been made internally for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    So Update 20?

Community Member

As someone who truly ENJOYS challenges, especially the lava cave ones, this is not just a slap in the face, this is a reason to not even bothering to log on. As often my times on DDO start with knocking out a few challenge runs to warm myself up, to feel ready to actually pug up and do something else, well cant reach step two without step one, and I loathe all the other non CC type challenge maps. If they wont even use DDoor they also just negated a huge reason U took the dragonmark of passage on several of my toons. Specifically to make my solo challenge runs less of a stress and more of a fun run.

This right along with the drow tree fiasco are extremely counter productive to the trust you all regained with an otherwise truly heartening enhancment pass showing real attempts to make finnesse fighters and multi class players not feel like they are being penalized for not being asic pure strength warriors and pure capstone centric builds.

Hence why DDO has for a long time been a love/hate relationship for me. Hate****ing is all I have left it seems.

At least its not as bad as Champions Online still, where I liken my relationship to that of an abusive parent who after the kid grows up and moves out finds that parent on their doorstep every holiday to remind that child of all the years of trauma they suffered.

Surely this merits an emergency closure of those challenges, given that they are borderline unplayable in this state.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Wow! Could we see a little speed on fixing the challenge experience awards now?
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Considering the fact that the XP for these and the double scaling hasn't been fixed, I'm guessing that the House C challenges might as well not even exist anymore. Fixed internally doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever until that fix is deployed. And now we're left to wonder what this "fix" is going to break, since something else that got "fixed" is the culprit for why this broke in the first place! Cheese and rice!

Default Oh ****. =(

Yesterday I solo'd lava caves and 6 starred it on my lvl 21 Arty.
    Today I can barely get quota, haha. PLEASE fix this.

Don't let anyone think that this doesn't break Shard runs: it breaks Shard runs. Seriously.

=(

Gl, devs, I know it can be messy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Considering the fact that the XP for these and the double scaling hasn't been fixed, I'm guessing that the House C challenges might as well not even exist anymore. Fixed internally doesn't do anyone any good whatsoever until that fix is deployed. And now we're left to wonder what this "fix" is going to break, since something else that got "fixed" is the culprit for why this broke in the first place! Cheese and rice!
    Speak for yourself, I run these daily.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    They did fix the challenge xp. Seriously, they consider the tiny increase to star xp to be the fix that they promised us 13 months ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast