Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fighter 1 gives 30% Haste boost. That's a bigger exploit than 75 devotion ever was.

Come on devs, this new Deepwood change is dumb.

Who cares if melees can now heal themselves decently with cocoon? You think nerfing this is going to magically bring back the "trinity" so casuals will get healers? It won't.

Forcing mostly rangers to invest deeply in a tree they don't want to to get devotion that should be cheap was a bad decision.

Reverse it.

There are tons of more ridiculous things in the new enhancements that are way more broken than this was. I mention the 1 fighter level giving 30% haste-boost though that should be painfully obvious.

/signed

Community Member

Going to have to concur here, This is just as big a slap to would be healers of their allies as the whole some heal spells dont get full positive energy benefits fiasco from some time back when the spell power change occurred and players only through testing found out things like the mass cures where being given only like 50% effect.

If the devs dont want us healing others keep it up. Make it so only solid DPS builds are the only way to beat content in a reasonable time frame, and all the rest are just support/pikers. Then see how few join groups or raids, oh wait that has been a steady change for a long time. Since the first clerics on DDO month one found out other players expected them to be footing the bill for all healing consumables and mana pots on top of not actually playing the game, just watching others do it.

Seriously though this nerf to rangers PE boost though maybe needed to some extent was so heavy handed that if my DM tried this he would be weeping like a beaten house wife after I got down with him and my dice bag made of leather and studded in metal would be dripping with his blood.

Yes please nerf everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Come on devs, this new Deepwood change is dumb.

Who cares if melees can now heal themselves decently with cocoon? You think nerfing this is going to magically bring back the "trinity" so casuals will get healers? It won't.

Forcing mostly rangers to invest deeply in a tree they don't want to to get devotion that should be cheap was a bad decision.

Reverse it.

There are tons of more ridiculous things in the new enhancements that are way more broken than this was. I mention the 1 fighter level giving 30% haste-boost though that should be painfully obvious.
    I disagree, only because this thread has gone too long without someone disagreeing. If it wasn't for that I would probably agree.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Imo that should work like some other enhancement, simply 0/1 (2 ap) but it scales with fighter levels (starts at 10%, with fighter levels 4/7 becomes 20/30%, or something like that).

The fact that a fighter splash is heavily frontloaded doesn't invalid the fact though that the 75 pos spow from rng 1 was redic. It simply means that should be nerfed as well.

Community Member

I think the problem with it was that it stacked, making a 1 Ranger splash a no-brainer on any character that can give up a level and uses positive spell power. Fighter isn't the only class with a Haste Boost, and they don't stack like the spell power does.

I think the only thing that'll happen with this kind of thread is that Haste Boost (and probably Damage Boost) gets nerfed, not the DWS positive spell power nerf being undone. And it won't stop at those, either, because there are other things that are too powerful for how low they are in their tree.

The DWS tree probably needs changes to make it more appealing, but 75 spell power in T1 was very clearly too strong and needed to be change. Might have been a bit heavy-handed, as it was one of the few low-tier enhancements worth taking Ranger for, but... I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    Imo that should work like some other enhancement, simply 0/1 (2 ap) but it scales with fighter levels (starts at 10%, with fighter levels 4/7 becomes 20/30%, or something like that).

The fact that a fighter splash is heavily frontloaded doesn't invalid the fact though that the 75 pos spow from rng 1 was redic. It simply means that should be nerfed as well.
    If they are going to go that route then what was the point of the entire re-design in the first place, because now you're going back closer to how it was before.

If you start nerfing the new enhancement system, then they'll have to nerf the whole thing to be fair to all the different builds out there.

A whole nerf-fest would just highlight how little thought the devs really put into the system. I doubt they want to do that.

The devs thank you for raising awareness to this issue.
    *Fighter 1 now provides the appropriate haste boost: 5%*

.... And a feat.

Do we dare mention cleric 1?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    .... And a feat.

Do we dare mention cleric 1?
    I double-dog dare you. And please mention the INSANE benefits of that splash over 1 ranger.

Compared to the broken power of other 1 level splashes the 75 Devotion from ranger 1 NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
    The DWS tree probably needs changes to make it more appealing
    Really? My old bardcher LRed to pure ranger, and after some time playing her, I preferred to be heavy invested on DWS than AA.

AA cores are basically DR breakers. Going up the AA tree you get a LOT of toggles (but you can only have one active). The active attacks are at tier 1 and 2, except by Slayer Arrow. Unless you are REALLY wanting Slayer or Paralyzing arrows, AA is good staying at tier 2-3.

DWS have Favored damage, an extra FE, Heavy Draw (Power Attack for bows that CAN be used together with IPS), another great bunch of active attacks, a ton of positive spell power (now split on the cores instead of frontloaded, but points remain), and the capstone is the best of the ranger trees.

Most AA widows are people using Elven AA. Those were nerfed hard, and the greatest "victims" of the enhancement pass. But ranger AA? Good. But DWS is better.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Yes please nerf everything.
    "- except the stuff I like to exploit."

"FTFY," as the kids say.

I double-dog dare you. And please mention the INSANE benefits of that splash over 1 ranger.

Compared to the broken power of other 1 level splashes the 75 Devotion from ranger 1 NOTHING.
    you mean prot evil, nightsheild, full ranks of heal, ability to take empower healing, hp from toughness, and barb amounts of str from divine might?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    you mean prot evil, nightsheild, full ranks of heal, ability to take empower healing, hp from toughness, and barb amounts of str from divine might?
    Yes . . . and 1 RANGER level was OP enough for a nerf.

Yet more proof the devs don't actually play this game.

NOW it is serious. A double-dog-dare. What else is there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Part of me is happy cleric 1 is an awesome dip - it's a rocking dip in optimized PNP for just about everyone. That said, it's pretty awesome in DDO. Not just the native spells, the ability to use turn undead for things (not that you have the points spare) but easy non-UMD wand use for early levels.

PS: Kensai Extra Action boost called and said "suckit rangers".
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    NOW it is serious. A double-dog-dare. What else is there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Part of me is happy cleric 1 is an awesome dip - it's a rocking dip in optimized PNP for just about everyone. That said, it's pretty awesome in DDO. Not just the native spells, the ability to use turn undead for things (not that you have the points spare) but easy non-UMD wand use for early levels.

PS: Kensai Extra Action boost called and said "suckit rangers".
    A triple-dog dare might be crossing the line.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    why should anyone take 1 cleric over 1 fvs, same stuff you mentioned plus better saves?

Community Member

I am thinking the Devs just hate nature. First they fix beguile in druids by making it worthless against any meaningful foe, and now this.

Personally I dont think a single dev has ever sat around a table chucking dice to have a clue how actual D&D gamers think and act. They seem to live in this mythical land where everyone just wants to get along. Where people care more about another person then themselves, and will sacrifice their own sense of enjoyment for the sake of stranger in another part of the world.

News flash devs the typical DDO player based on why we do content, is pretty much neutral leaning towards evil. We are about OUR OWN personal character development over and above all others and that is how it should be in any game where we are meant to be impersonating a character who lives and dies by the code of a sell sword.

Did El Cid cry when his first born son died in battle? I doubt it, he married his 2 daughters off to worthy warriors gifted each with a treasured personal sword forged of damascus steel, and eventually died a man who to this day any real fan of the age of swords and steel clad warriors holds up as an icon of the genre.

Ok I am ranting now, but lately the devs make me want to take them out for drinks so afterwards I can ditch them blind drunk in the worst part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    why should anyone take 1 cleric over 1 fvs, same stuff you mentioned plus better saves?
    Honestly only if they don't own it, cleric is f2p so it makes a better example in some sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast