Default Shadowfail Expansion via TP purchase question.

I was curious if you still get the extra character slots when you purchase the newest 'expansion' from the store with TP, or if that was a pre-order bonus only.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default 3 instead of 4

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I was curious if you still get the extra character slots when you purchase the newest 'expansion' from the store with TP, or if that was a pre-order bonus only.
    In the pre-purchase I got 4 charecter slots.

I purchased this for my 2nd account at the DDO Market and only got 3 charecter slots (no bladeforgered and could not make one)
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100

The expansion to the pack is only availabe at check out. I only got the pack above, because I did not have enough money for the expansion to the expansion. Please note the link above is the Collectors Edition and not the Standard Edition (there is a difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In the pre-purchase I got 4 charecter slots.

I purchased this for my 2nd account at the DDO Market and only got 3 charecter slots (no bladeforgered and could not make one)
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100

The expansion to the pack is only availabe at check out. I only got the pack above, because I did not have enough money for the expansion to the expansion. Please note the link above is the Collectors Edition and not the Standard Edition (there is a difference).
    I was specifically asking about the in-game store versions of the expansion, purchasable with TP rather than dollars, not the one in the market. The one in the market specifically mentions the 3 extra slots, but I don't recall if the in-game store version does as well. I was hoping for one of the Quartermasters to chime in.

I do appreciate your reply though

Default My bad...

I was specifically asking about the in-game store versions of the expansion, purchasable with TP rather than dollars, not the one in the market. The one in the market specifically mentions the 3 extra slots, but I don't recall if the in-game store version does as well. I was hoping for one of the Quartermasters to chime in.

I do appreciate your reply though
    NP, my bad. Please forgive me.

But since we're on the topic I noticed there was a difference back in the day from buying in game via the store vs. the DDO Market for MotU. It seemed you got more from the DDO Market. I got someone a point code for their birthday and they spent it on MotU in the DDO Store in game and he did not get the extras that I got from the DDO Market when I bought MotU for my 2nd account by way of the DDO Market.

Make sure they are the same deal for Shadowfell. My main reason for responding is to make sure you get the extra charecter slots.

The answer is no

I was told by the account support rep on the phone that generally the DDO Market has better deals than the in-game store.

/sad panda

She was super nice and helpful though, so that's a plus.

Default Yikes!

Yikes, I thought so from my buddy's exp. I did not know any better at the time, so I bought him the point code for his B-Day, and he in turn bought MotU via in-game store. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have got him the expansion code from DDO Market instead of a point code. He did not get the EDs, etc.

I'm glad you got an official answer. The extra char. slots came in handy making one of ea. new Iconic. Keep in mid that even if you get the DDO Market Shadowfell you might not be able to make a bladeforged. At least I'm unable to on my 2nd, but my 2nd does not have the warforged race.

The answer is no

I was told by the account support rep on the phone that generally the DDO Market has better deals than the in-game store.

/sad panda

She was super nice and helpful though, so that's a plus.