Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    4. They moved default mouse pointer location on Re-Roll button (not good), the default mouse location should be at Loot All button instead (because this is the most used option)
    I'm pretty sure they've written the following function to place the mouse pointer to appear on top of wherever the Re-Roll button appears.

public MouseLoc getMouseLocationOnLoot() {
    return getGimmeYourMoneyLootButtonLoc();
    }
    Put the Re-Roll in the upper left hand corner of the screen, mouse fill follow. Bottom right, same.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    And they should give us more inventory space.
    Agreed.

Since we hardly have room to hold more loot anyhow, it seems they put the cart before the horse on this one. Or filled the cart before they had a cart to fill, so now we have a pile of shineys in the dirt and the horse ran off through the flapping barn door.

I'd definitely spend TP on more inventory/bank space on every active toon. Re-roll? Maybe once ever.

There, a mock-up done in less than 2 mins. This is is the sort of placement you wanna make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    There, a mock-up done in less than 2 mins. This is is the sort of placement you wanna make.

This please! Keep a real money re-roll button away from the loot all button please

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

/signed

Sigh to Turbine.

Community Member

Argue that the re-roll button is an inconvenience because of the thinking involved to avoid it. But do not argue that you might accidentally spend shards anymore. "I accidentally clicked re-roll and then accidentally clicked yes" Seriously???
    "someone invited you to their guild. Do you accept?" - yes, "Choose the quest difficulty: Default is Normal, proceed?" - yes, "There are unsold items in your queue. Close the window anyway?" - yes, "Apply changes to your LFM?" - yes.
    "Do you agree to give all your money to the bank and get nothing in return? Sign here" - YES!
    Have you seen the movie "Yes man"?
    I really don't think Turbine has to address this kind of issue. Sure, move the button because it's irritating there. But that's all.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs down Why?

Just because there is a confirmation button does not make it ok to move it where they did.

This makes me want to play the game less and less.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

This shows respect. The way they have it now shows no respect.

I thikn they should introduce a code to randomize the placement of all loot related buttons every time you open a loot window.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I am not sure why it matters now. If there is a confirmation button then you won't accidentally waste your shards. I tried it, it works. I was really mad when there was no confirmation button and I clicked on it at least 3 times. Turbine was nice enough to give me enough TP to buy the shards that I lost back. If someone wants to waste their time clicking loot re-roll let them go ahead.

/Signed.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I thikn they should introduce a code to randomize the placement of all loot related buttons every time you open a loot window.
    I think a certain dev has a great talent for randomizing stuff. They might be a good choice to look at this. 9 AS Frostproof RE-ROLL Of No-Fail

Raise your hand if you saw this thread coming a mile away after reading the release notes. *Raises hand* It's the typical Catch 22; do nothing, bad developers, do what the community demanded, bad developers.

Thanks for listening, and moving the buttons for all those people that were having muscle memory issues with the reroll button, and for adding the confirmation button.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    It is equally obvious that your intention is to gripe about everything without even pausing to think. IF you accidentally lose some shards on the reroll now, its just a sign of being immensely foolish. If they are counting on people to be that its the most foolish cashgrab ever (though after spending some time on the forums, it might be that they really believe people to be that stupid)
    In all honesty, I wouldn't even have posted in this thread or griped about anything if they had placed the re-roll button under the loot all button or at the top of the loot box. If people are still accidentally losing shards after hitting the yes button in the confirmation box than its on them. My gripe is more about the appearance it gives, which is very important for a gaming company. Last thing you want to do is make it obvious to your customers you want them to spend money. You want them to feel comfortable while relaxing to play a game and escaping from the real world for a little while. Its those little things that make it obvious that can make customers get turned off spending money. Its habit for people to start at the top and go down to the bottom which is something I had to stop doing continuously last night every time I looted a chest. Hitting the top button is the same as muscle memory and I don't want to have to keep saying no in the confirmation box every time I accidentally hit that button out of habit.
    Last edited by Qhualor; 09-24-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Community Member

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Shhhhh, they might interpret that as randomizing placement every .5s and next they'll have the Loot All button take off and fly around the screen like a puzzle piece from the Harbringer quests.

Nice1 Turbine you caught be the first time. Teaching myself to use the B button now.

As suggested top of UI surely thats a no brainer. Obviously defaulting the mouse over reroll was intentional for shame.
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Shhhhh, they might interpret that as randomizing placement every .5s and next they'll have the Loot All button take off and fly around the screen like a puzzle piece from the Harbringer quests.
    I'll just kill it like I killed them, with Blade Barrier... muahahahahahahaha.

Does it highlight Yes on the confirmation button just like it does for re-roll?

If that is the case then hells yes that is BS.

I don't want to really test it actually, I damned near did click it the first time. Ticked me off on that and was yet another small tick towards "why am I bothering to play".

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Yes they made a confirmation box after all the griping and than put the re-roll above the loot all button. When its obvious of their intentions what is there to grow up about?
    The moved the button in response to people whining about it here. That makes the intentions clearly not malicious. I agree that you need to get some perspective.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast