Community Member

Default Why does the Turbine point cards purchased in stores not upgrade to Premium status?

Bought a Turbine point card at the store for my brother's free account. I was surprised that his account was still listed as free after the points posted to the account.

Does it take time to switch the account to premium status?
    Is it only points purchased through the DDO store that counts toward the upgrade to Premium?
    if so, Why does the Turbine point cards purchased in stores not upgrade to Premium status?
    what about DDO Market points?

Thank you for your time and would like an official response.

Community Member

This thread is not meant to be a Turbine bash in anyway. I just want a clear straight answer to what product does and doesn't upgrade free to premium.

Is it just the purchase of VIP membership at one point or another?
    I know that's how my own account became premium, but then again I was grandfathered in.

If this topic has already received a official statement elsewhere on the forum, I haven't searched enough over the past 3 days and I recant my apparent ravings and ask only that the information be placed in a sticky on the free forum for easy access for future players education.

Thank you for your time. Still awaiting an Official Response.

Any help to keep this within view is well appreciated before hand. Thank you the twenty some odd people who have viewed the original post. And the extra people who raised the views to 32 while I was typing this, thanks.
    Last edited by moondown; 09-25-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moondown View Post
    Bought a Turbine point card at the store for my brother's free account. I was surprised that his account was still listed as free after the points posted to the account.

Does it take time to switch the account to premium status?
    Is it only points purchased through the DDO store that counts toward the upgrade to Premium?
    if so, Why does the Turbine point cards purchased in stores not upgrade to Premium status?
    what about DDO Market points?

Thank you for your time and would like an official response.
    Unfortunately I am not sure why your brother's account didn't receive premium status. Please contact customer service. They will add premium status to the account and may be able to answer your other questions.

Community Member

Thank you Quartermaster X for your reply.

I will contact customer service as soon as possible.

Also, thank you for answering my major question with your response.

Community Member

For what it's worth, I bought points for my kids' free accounts directly through Turbine but the accounts weren't upgraded to Premium until an actual purchase was made through the DDO Store.

I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to be, but that is how it worked.

Community Member

Same here. My free account wasn't upgraded to premium when I bought turbine points through the ddo store. It was upgraded to premium when I spent some of those turbine points.