Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default Daily Dice - face palm

Yesterday, I won XP. The day before that, I won XP and around 1k pp.

Today, I won 500 XP, and a slayer boost. Which is to say, XP and more XP.

How do the people who make things as pretty as the Storm Horns, make something as lame as the Dice?

I'm going to make a character on every server, log on once per day to roll dice, and then see which one I can TR first without ever getting a quest completion. Now that sounds like the makings of a fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

How do the people who make things as pretty as the Storm Horns, make something as lame as the Dice?

I'm going to make a character on every server, log on once per day to roll dice, and then see which one I can TR first without ever getting a quest completion. Now that sounds like the makings of a fun game!
    You totally should.

I have a challenge farmer that has made it to 16 with only quests being Coin Lord and House K favor ... challenges only. I rarely use it (except when I want to run heroic challenges) but you don't need questing to cap ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I don't really find it "lame" at all. Yeah, it's a little bit of extra exp (and maybe some pots, or a stat/skill book really rarely), but considering that the highest exp amount from daily dice is either 1000 or 2000, think of how long it would take to get to 20th doing that. 1.9 million exp. Even if you managed to get 2000 exp every single roll, that's still almost three years (950 days) to accomplish.

Now, assuming a somewhat more realistic reward of 700 exp per day, that's about 2800 days. 7.6 years.

Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    I don't really find it "lame" at all. Yeah, it's a little bit of extra exp (and maybe some pots, or a stat/skill book really rarely), but considering that the highest exp amount from daily dice is either 1000 or 2000, think of how long it would take to get to 20th doing that. 1.9 million exp. Even if you managed to get 2000 exp every single roll, that's still almost three years (950 days) to accomplish.

Now, assuming a somewhat more realistic reward of 700 exp per day, that's about 2800 days. 7.6 years.

Have fun with that.
    "Have fun with that." Well, I guess they give out all this XP cause they must feel the game isn't very fun.

I have one gold roll per week per server. I've received up to 8,000 xp on one roll, I receive 3,000xp stones fairly often (don't know why that number, 'cause it's "random," amirite?).
    But hey, thanks, I can always use extra luck.

If I used all the slayer pots, that wouldn't break the "no quest completion" rule either. But I would only do that when I ran out of inventory space.

"Have fun with that." Well, I guess they give out all this XP cause they must feel the game isn't very fun.
    If you don't find the game fun, then don't play it. Not a really tough concept.

I suppose it's par for the course for MMO players on forums, though. No matter what the devs do, even giving out free stuff, players will find a way to complain about it.

The daily dice is a shard sink. But few people used it. Even if the actual cost of this (after the free roll) is on par or less then what you roll. So they added something people 'value' but can't really put a value too - XP. I don't know if that has increased the amount of none free rolls but at least it seems more valuable then just getting a random amount of potions of something that might be valued more then x amount of shards but something you would never buy anyways.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

What REALLY annoys me about the XP stones...

When I roll, say, a plat prize, I get 200-500XP and 1K plat.
    When I roll, say, a consumables prize, I get 200-500XP and 2 pots.

When I roll an XP prize, I get 100 XP. And that's it.

Shouldn't you get MORE XP from an XP prize?
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    What REALLY annoys me about the XP stones...

When I roll, say, a plat prize, I get 200-500XP and 1K plat.
    When I roll, say, a consumables prize, I get 200-500XP and 2 pots.

When I roll an XP prize, I get 100 XP. And that's it.

Shouldn't you get MORE XP from an XP prize?

They're giving you a 100xp on your gimp free roll, as a way of feeling sorry for you... would you rather see

LOSER!!!

covering your screen instead?
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    If you don't find the game fun, then don't play it. Not a really tough concept.

I suppose it's par for the course for MMO players on forums, though. No matter what the devs do, even giving out free stuff, players will find a way to complain about it.
    Are you trying to put words in my mouth, or was there a miscommunication?

What I said was:
    Well, I guess they give out all this XP cause they must feel the game isn't very fun.

I've added bolding to clarify. Do you now see how your interpretation does not match what I said? Please say you do, or I'll feel that future communications between us will be futile.

Are they really giving out free stuff? Or are they trying to get people to gamble for money?

Or are they simply trying to find a way to keep customers, or get new customers, and simply not understanding that the people who are still here are here because they think playing the game is fun?

Giving away XP like this is supposed to make us play more?

Give me a pot with a random buff like from the machine in the challenges. That would be fun. Funner.