Community Member

Default Essences post update

Is anyone else noticing that you're getting dramatically fewer essences after the "improvements" to random loot?

Personally I tend to run a lot of lvl 16-20 content(Shroud, Lords Chain, etc), and usually got amount level 6 or 7 items for decon, soms 5s, and occasionally a 4.

Now, despite pulling stuff from the same dungeons, it nearly all 3s. A few 4s and only every so often a 6 or 7. I've ended up feeding most of my random loot to the vendor because its not even worth dropping in the shared bank to decon.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Is anyone else noticing that you're getting dramatically fewer essences after the "improvements" to random loot?

Personally I tend to run a lot of lvl 16-20 content(Shroud, Lords Chain, etc), and usually got amount level 6 or 7 items for decon, soms 5s, and occasionally a 4.

Now, despite pulling stuff from the same dungeons, it nearly all 3s. A few 4s and only every so often a 6 or 7. I've ended up feeding most of my random loot to the vendor because its not even worth dropping in the shared bank to decon.
    I belive you are correct- I have noticed a large drop in my greater to lessor ratio and was coming here to post when I saw your post.

A yeild from a few items I crunched down this am...

14 L
    91 L 10 G
    42 L
    92 L
    29 L
    50 L
    61 L

There must be a bug - I am submitting a ticket!

Please - everyone who sees this - check and submitt a ticket as well!

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

What I was noticing was the items themselves: instead of a lot of +6s and +7s I was seeing +2s and +3s.

So for example a Speed III item is apparently only a +3 shard(not that its craftable), so its not worth very many essences for how common it is on a higher-level item.

What we seem to be getting more of are a lot of balanced-out items, so instead of say a +6 stat and +3 skill we're seeing more +4 stat and +9 skill(or however that balances out). Instead of seeing Boreal and +1 on a weapon with no suffix(ML8), we see Frost I with a suffix. In fact I have yet to see a weapon drop without a suffix since the update.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Has anyone have move feedback to offer?

I firmly believe there is something wrong with the amount of greater essences that are coming out of the grinder.

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I firmly believe there is something wrong with the amount of greater essences that are coming out of the grinder.
    I've firmly believed that for quite some time. Even pre-update; the ratio of greaters to lessers is horribly disproportionate to the point that even if you decon every single item you look at higher levels(15-20) you STILL won't end up with enough greaters to balance out the huge number of lessers.

The recent pass just made the problem even worse.