Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default stealth ranger spellpower nerf

I know it was way imba, but still, as it says nothing in the release notes... deepwood stalker first tier empathy abilities only give +20 positive spellpower only instead of +75. Sick.

<sarcasm>
    Yes, because ranger healing power was way overpowered before. We cannot allow rangers to be useful after all...
    </sarcasm>

Community Member

It's now on core abilities of the deepwood tree as well, so only splashes for the sick spellpower boost are (rightfully) penalized. A full ranger gets even more.

Community Member

only deepwood stalker gets more, and most of AA or tempest got their devotion nerfed, even if pure.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    It's now on core abilities of the deepwood tree as well, so only splashes for the sick spellpower boost are (rightfully) penalized. A full ranger gets even more.
    Incorrect.
    A full ranger who completely gimps himself by investing 41 APs into the DWS tree gets more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Incorrect.
    A full ranger who completely gimps himself by investing 41 APs into the DWS tree gets more.
    Ranger is my fav class, but still it was obviously absurd giving 75 pos spellpower for 1 level splash.

"Stealth" is pretty far-fetched, unless you didn't read the multi-page thread(s) on lamaland.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    "Stealth" is pretty far-fetched, unless you didn't read the multi-page thread(s) on lamaland.
    Release notes are what is official and public. Release notes don't say anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaipan View Post
    Sorry? My ranger tempest it's penalized, so you're wrong.

Also all the enh. revamp was to add flexibility and more custom builds so, multiclass, if not mandatory, is highly recommended. I don't understand why that nerf, if some people wish to splash 2 ranger levels for that, ok, let's them do it, if his choice.

In the next update you could only spend points on disable device/open locks if the level you're doing is rogue/arti or something like that, to prevent people splashing 1 rogue/arti level to remove traps and open locks, LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Incorrect.
    DWS adds a lot of dps to either AA or Tempest. You can get 75 positive spell power with less than 41 points spent. Pure rangers did not get gimped by this, only splash builds got their reason for 1 ranger level reduced. Also, you should have seen this coming from miles away.

Any time there is no other reasonable choice than to do this one thing (splash one level of ranger) it is bad design. They fixed a bad design. Power gamers are sad... and will have the next new ultimate build finished in about an hour from now. Many will not even remember their brief time with one ranger level.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Ofc, spending 6 ap in tier 1 ranger abilities should obviously give as much positive spellpower as spending 50 in a cleric tree, how couldn't I see that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    DWS adds a lot of dps to either AA or Tempest. You can get 75 positive spell power with less than 41 points spent. Pure rangers did not get gimped by this, only splash builds got their reason for 1 ranger level reduced. Also, you should have seen this coming from miles away.

Any time there is no other reasonable choice than to do this one thing (splash one level of ranger) it is bad design. They fixed a bad design. Power gamers are sad... and will have the next new ultimate build finished in about an hour from now. Many will not even remember their brief time with one ranger level.
    well said

Not in the release notes = stealth nerf.

This is not debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Not in the release notes = stealth nerf.

This is not debatable.
    Release notes = not reliable.

This is not debatable.

Banking on them to be accurate is lunacy. What's that one definition of insanity - repeating the same action, expecting a different outcome?

1. Don't tell me how to play. I tell YOU how to play, I thought the pecking order was already established here?

2. I don't want any of the junk in Deepwood. Even if it is (possibly) better than what I like in the other trees I shouldn't be forced to take this garbage.

3. Who cares if splashes could heal themselves? Divines don't heal anyway and this won't change anything.

Release notes = not reliable.

This is not debatable.

Banking on them to be accurate is lunacy. What's that one definition of insanity - repeating the same action, expecting a different outcome?
    Release notes = official statement from the company.

Reliable or not.

The "no comment" on this by any of the development staff also makes this stink of stealth nerfage.

1. Don't tell me how to play. I tell YOU how to play, I thought the pecking order was already established here?
    Don't tell me how to not tell you how to play. I tell you how to not tell you how to play! Didn't you get the memo?
    2. I don't want any of the junk in Deepwood. Even if it is (possibly) better than what I like in the other trees I shouldn't be forced to take this garbage.
    Was the hypothetical you (that is really some other person, I know) even taking the positive spell power enhancements here before?

3. Who cares if splashes could heal themselves? Divines don't heal anyway and this won't change anything.
    Healing is for gimps. All positive sp and heal amp should be replaced by HJEAL amp and HJEAL sp anyway.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Release notes = official statement from the company.

Reliable or not.

The "no comment" on this by any of the development staff also makes this stink of stealth nerfage.
    All you're doing is setting them up to put a big "DISCLAIMER: These are not exhaustive" on every publication so they can be factually right and still unreliable ...

Don't tell me how to not tell you how to play. I tell you how to not tell you how to play! Didn't you get the memo?
    I wrote the memo.

Now hjeal meh!

I wrote the memo.

Now hjeal meh!
    What did you write it on? What did you write it with? These are the important questions that the devs need to answer now!
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Matt Walsh:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast