Hybrid View

Community Member

Wink ddo players advise

I am here to address concerns of people interested in making toons long term....

instead of grinding for items you will most likely get a month of running the same quest or incredible ddo store point buys..
    there is a much simpler way planning to make a main toon #1 if you advertise as your main he will need:

3 monk tr damage
    3 barbarian tr hp

imagine a ddo main toon having 100 levels just figure on tring first 4 lives get a epic destiny to lev 5 with each tr
    the corrosponding one first two lives grandmaster / fury

now from here what ever u build will have significantly higher dmg and higher hp
    there will always be better items common sence..
    but your tr's will always be good just run the quests with your dream items as much as required to help you tr it may drop u can ask party for it
    after these 6 tr which will take about 2-3 months with vip if it takes longer you can buy items xp stuff to help also ask people what quests r best for xp also use the streak bonus the fear of running an elite above level is where the real fun is I h8 seeing people post dont die because that means they are not challenging themselves or there toon no fun in that xp is just that Game xp for your mind and your toon dont argue listen try out things for your self..

dont worry about showing off there will be plenty of time for that after your first 5 t/r's because you yourself will be an epic player and your toon will be a legend.. in ddo xp is everything just like life

Some folks go quite a bit further planning their chars. For example, Bard, Cleric, and Sorc lives for a Wizzie to get the extra DC, Spell Pen, etc.

I know a couple of people who have multiple-TR builds already finished and in progress. I've got a couple of multiple-TR builds planned, but only two on extra lives so far.

I like the starting points you set. The Barb and Monk lives will certainly add a bit to your base char regardless which Class you choose after the first six lives.

Nice starting point for a well-developed chars in DDO, imo.
    There is no free lunch.

You do realize that some of the people talking about how bad endgame is are completionists, triple completionists, or already have focused past lives and that they may or may not get anything more out of the tr system? The systematic slaughter of ddo's endgame is a concern in and of it's self without bs about just run more past lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You do realize that some of the people talking about how bad endgame is are completionists, triple completionists, or already have focused past lives and that they may or may not get anything more out of the tr system? The systematic slaughter of ddo's endgame is a concern in and of it's self without bs about just run more past lives.
    Where did he mention that his post was addressed to people concerned about how bad the end game is?

I believe he stated it was advice on planning a good, viable, main toon. Spend more time getting these past lives vs farming for gear. That's how I read it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Where did he mention that his post was addressed to people concerned about how bad the end game is?

I believe he stated it was advice on planning a good, viable, main toon. Spend more time getting these past lives vs farming for gear. That's how I read it anyway.
    I read it as yet another person saying that we shouldn't be upset about having no raids and no loot to chase with the expansion and we are playing wrong and should just tr.

Hero

Wow, I can get past the fact that English seems to be a second language but the utter lack of punctuation - even basic punctuation, makes your post almost impossible to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Wow, I can get past the fact that English seems to be a second language but the utter lack of punctuation - even basic punctuation, makes your post almost impossible to read.
    Many languages do not use punctuation. If you are assuming a second language, lack of understanding punctuation should also be understandable. Maybe you should just be glad it was formatted into paragraphs rather than a wall of text.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Many languages do not use punctuation. If you are assuming a second language, lack of understanding punctuation should also be understandable. Maybe you should just be glad it was formatted into paragraphs rather than a wall of text.
    Ok maybe some asian languages don't, I don't know anything about those, but every Latin based alphabet does.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Ok maybe some asian languages don't, I don't know anything about those, but every Latin based alphabet does.
    We have many, many asian players in this game.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Almost all modern languages use some for of punctuation. Even languages that originally never used it (Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic are the major ones) have recently in the 19th and 20th centuries adopted some sort of punctuation. While it may not represent Latin based punctuation, no language is entirely devoid of it.

And the fact that he knows how you use a semi-colon and has periods at various points in the post indicates the OP does have more than a basic knowledge in punctuation yet just didn't use it.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Almost all modern languages use some for of punctuation. Even languages that originally never used it (Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic are the major ones) have recently in the 19th and 20th centuries adopted some sort of punctuation.

And the fact that he knows how you use a semi-colon and has periods at various points in the post indicates the OP does have more than a basic knowledge in punctuation yet just didn't use it.
    You are still missing the point I was trying to get across to you though. You shouldn't be expecting anything of others. Expecting things you can not control to occur how you want them to is an excersize in disappointment.

The "grammar nazi" act is rather pompous, and is really only good as something to make fun of. If you aren't offering to give actual lessons to those who you view as lacking in areas of punctuation and grammar, then you should probably get off your high horse. If you are making that offer, then more power to you.

I can think of several reasons to leave out most punctuation in a post, and few of them involve illiteracy, or a lack of understanding of their use. I could go over them, however, I have no doubt that you could find reasons why they are unacceptable in your view.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-01-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Matt Walsh:

Almost all modern languages use some for of punctuation. Even languages that originally never used it (Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Arabic are the major ones) have recently in the 19th and 20th centuries adopted some sort of punctuation. While it may not represent Latin based punctuation, no language is entirely devoid of it.

Who cares? this kind of nit picking thing is what use to deserve neg rep and makes me wish you could still do it. It was seperated by paragraphs and wasn't put in a font color that was impossible to read so its just fine as is. You don't like it don't read it!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE