Community Member

Default Shiradi 16/2/2 Sorc or Wiz?

Greetings,

I am not going to ask which is better - 16/2/2 Sorc/Pal/FvS or 16/2/2 Wiz/Mnk/FvS. Instead I am curious if they play differently in more ways than the former having Wings and the latter Evasion. Obviously those are important distinctions but I am curious if they differ in other important ways (not just that one casts FM while the other cast SR).

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Greetings,

I am not going to ask which is better - 16/2/2 Sorc/Pal/FvS or 16/2/2 Wiz/Mnk/FvS. Instead I am curious if they play differently in more ways than the former having Wings and the latter Evasion. Obviously those are important distinctions but I am curious if they differ in other important ways (not just that one casts FM while the other cast SR).
    Honestly I would have to go with wiz variant. BUT with a wiz imo you go 3 fvs for an extra 2% crit. You lose nothing from the lost wiz lvl except 1 8th lvl spell so there really isn't any point not to.
    Monk gives you an extra 3% on your dodge cap which is fairly important when a melee can decimate you if they get 2-3 shots in w/o a miss/dodge/displaced/incorp.
    Wiz has the flexibility that is so nice on a build like this. A 16 Sorc has a very small spellbook and I found just too many times where I was like "I really wish I had <insert> right now."

There is also 13fvs/7wiz if you want to change up the playstyle slightly.

Playstyle at core isn't going to be much different. Wizzy has to rotate out FM and SR on single target but has double CM which imo is amazing. Although Sorc faster CD's make the overall # of CM casts the same being able to drop 2 CM into a mob and watch the one next to it melt even w/o procs is nice.

I'm playing 15/3/2 right now and it snoozes through U19 EH grinding melee destinies. It is practically unkillable unless you suck or get a wierd unlucky streak.

I personally listened to all the forumites that call Hellball useless and trash up until last night when I said screw 5 spellcraft. It actually has REAL potential for a Shiradi. The AOE size is HUGE it gives 4 proc chances on unlimited targets and even w/o a proc I was averaging 400 per element. Granted the damage #'s are from EH since Im grinding out fate pts atm BUT that in no way invalidates the size of the AOE and the proc opportunities. In essence it feels like having Meteor Swarm again with a better aoe and targeting mechanism and similar damage/proc chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DyrtNap View Post
    Honestly I would have to go with wiz variant. BUT with a wiz imo you go 3 fvs for an extra 2% crit. You lose nothing from the lost wiz lvl except 1 8th lvl spell so there really isn't any point not to.
    Monk gives you an extra 3% on your dodge cap which is fairly important when a melee can decimate you if they get 2-3 shots in w/o a miss/dodge/displaced/incorp.
    Wiz has the flexibility that is so nice on a build like this. A 16 Sorc has a very small spellbook and I found just too many times where I was like "I really wish I had <insert> right now."

There is also 13fvs/7wiz if you want to change up the playstyle slightly.

Playstyle at core isn't going to be much different. Wizzy has to rotate out FM and SR on single target but has double CM which imo is amazing. Although Sorc faster CD's make the overall # of CM casts the same being able to drop 2 CM into a mob and watch the one next to it melt even w/o procs is nice.

I'm playing 15/3/2 right now and it snoozes through U19 EH grinding melee destinies. It is practically unkillable unless you suck or get a wierd unlucky streak.

I personally listened to all the forumites that call Hellball useless and trash up until last night when I said screw 5 spellcraft. It actually has REAL potential for a Shiradi. The AOE size is HUGE it gives 4 proc chances on unlimited targets and even w/o a proc I was averaging 400 per element. Granted the damage #'s are from EH since Im grinding out fate pts atm BUT that in no way invalidates the size of the AOE and the proc opportunities. In essence it feels like having Meteor Swarm again with a better aoe and targeting mechanism and similar damage/proc chance.
    But doesn't Hellball allow a saving throw for each element to negate all damage for that element? If you are playing on EE chances are that monsters are going to make their saves due to their insanely high saving throws (and the fact Shiradi's focus on spell power and not DCs).