Question Are "Ghost Touch" and "Ethereal" broken?

I am getting "Incorporeal" results from attacking monsters when I am using an old-school Ghost Touch weapon (not Ghostbane, Ghost Touch), and also on a different character when I am wearing Ethereal Bracers.

I believe I should never be getting "Incorporeal" when fighting these monsters with this equipment.

Am I just wrong? Or seeing things? Or did the implementation of Ghostbane break the older ways we had for dealing with wraiths and the like?

Are you running with a hire? Their misses and incorps will show up on the screen together with yours if that's the case.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Are you sure it's not incoming attacks that are registering as that, or maybe a pet/hireling's attacks? I've had it a couple times wondering "hey, i've got ghost touch! oh, wait, i forgot I'm wearing X" as there's a lot of ways to get it now.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

I saw this a lot on my arti, when it was an arti and the dog didn't have ghost touched/ghost bane. I also see it from hires.

ah, hirelings, good thought. I'll pay closer attention to their actions when I am seeing combat results I don't understand.

Thanks for the insight!

Community Member

I was seeing this long before Ghostbane showed up, so if there is a problem, it's not likely to be due to Ghostbane.

I can't rule out that what I was seeing was due to my own equipment.