Community Member

Default Please, please, please fix bards

Why do I have to put Inspire Courage on my hotbar every time I log in?

And please fix the enhancement for extra songs as well as Song of Capering.

There's more, but I'd settle for these fixes for now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    Why do I have to put Inspire Courage on my hotbar every time I log in?

And please fix the enhancement for extra songs as well as Song of Capering.

There's more, but I'd settle for these fixes for now.

Thanks!
    +Warchanter capstone
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

+Make Enthrallment useful again - either have it improve Fascinate, or have all the "Improves Fascinate" abilities (Masked Ball, Music of the Sewers/Dead/Makers/Spider Queen, etc. also improve Enthrallment (the former would probably be easier, really. And Enthrallment should stack with Haunting Melody in either case.)

+Multisong capability - Seriously. Take out Flicker/Inspired Flicker and put in multi-song. Something like:
    • Play a Set (3 ranks): Play multiple songs at once. Add [1/2/3] songs to your Set, allowing you to play up to four songs at once. Cost: One bard song for each song added.
    • Encore! Encore! (3 ranks; requires Play a Set 1/2/3): Add [1/2/3] additional Sets to your repertoire, allowing you up to four different Sets.

Have songs activate at the same time, but in the order added (so you could do stuff like Fascinate/Mass Suggestion - they both go into effect as soon as you stop playing, but the Fascinate 'hits' first.

So you could have Set 1 with, say, Inspire Courage, Inspire Excellence, Inspire Greatness, Song of Heroism. Set 2 with Spellsong Trance, Song of Arcane Might, Spellsong Vigor, and Sustaining Song. Set 3 with, perhaps, Fascinate, Enthrallment, Mass Suggestion (maybe Dirge if the first hit of damage doesn't hit and break Fascinate until after MS. Because it's always fun to hit something with a DoT and then get it to switch sides while it's still taking damage). Set 4 with Skaldic Rage, Reign, and Aria.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    Set 2 with Spellsong Trance, Song of Arcane Might, Spellsong Vigor, and Sustaining Song.
    This sounds like it would have targeting issues with one single target song buff and 3 AOE buffs.

+Multisong capability - Seriously. Take out Flicker/Inspired Flicker and put in multi-song. Something like:
    • Play a Set (3 ranks): Play multiple songs at once. Add [1/2/3] songs to your Set, allowing you to play up to four songs at once. Cost: One bard song for each song added.
    • Encore! Encore! (3 ranks; requires Play a Set 1/2/3): Add [1/2/3] additional Sets to your repertoire, allowing you up to four different Sets.

Interesting idea, but probably hard to implement.

At least eliminate the cool downs for songs. The songs are long enough already, why do we have to wait to sing another? Casters can blast every buff in the book in the time it takes us to sing 2 songs.

Although I like the above idea if it could be implemented. Flicker is next to useless, multi song would be so much better.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    This sounds like it would have targeting issues with one single target song buff and 3 AOE buffs.
    These are AOE.

I would like to see Faxcinate (which incorporates Music of this, that, and the other bad guy) also incorporate Inspire Greatness, Enthrall ... and eventually Dirge. Honestly, I don't necessarily want to follow it up with Suggestion.

I think that the "issue" might be that Enthrall was a Virtuoso thing ...

I would like to see Inspire Courage become the ONE buff song that incorporates all the other buff songs as the toon hits the right levels.

At any rate, I'd settle for getting my songs back to start with

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    These are AOE.

I would like to see Faxcinate (which incorporates Music of this, that, and the other bad guy) also incorporate Inspire Greatness, Enthrall ... and eventually Dirge. Honestly, I don't necessarily want to follow it up with Suggestion.
    Then don't, these would be the sets *I* make (and not even necessarily what I'd make, just kinda random). You can make your own, in an ideal world *g* Honestly, I'd hate Fascinate to automatically incorporate Dirge, unless the damage very specifically didn't break Fascinate. It should incorporate Enthrall, I dunno about IG though. That's more something that would attach to IC, IMHO.

I think that the "issue" might be that Enthrall was a Virtuoso thing ...
    Undoubtedly, but it bugged my virt bard no end when I realized the Fatesinger stuff that added to Fascinate didn't add to Enthrall... because now one of her unique abilities wasn't as good as the generic version. And that was when it was just Music of the Spider Queen (which I didn't bother taking) and Masked Ball. All these other new abilities added to Fascinate now, though... I don't even bother hotbarring Enthrall.

I would like to see Inspire Courage become the ONE buff song that incorporates all the other buff songs as the toon hits the right levels.
    Yeah, that'd be nice. Even if it was just something you toggled that increased the number of songs it cost (similar to metamagic feats). People might actually stick around for one mega-buff song... two if you figure that Inspire Excellence would almost certainly be its own song (which would be fine with me...)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member californiapiper's Avatar

Default While you are fixing bards

How about fixing music of the dead, music of the maker and music of the sewers, call me conceded but how does a cr 20 crate make an 81 will save reliably?
    Or better yet, instead of having to spend enhancement points for these differing monsters how about adding the epic D&D feat Music of the Gods?
    Prerequisites

Cha 25, Perform 30 ranks, bardic music class feature.
    Benefit

The character’s bardic music can affect even those normally immune to mind-affecting effects. However, such creatures gain a +10 bonus on their Will saves to resist such effects.

Community Member

OMG I mixed up my songs ... sorry about that.

Then don't, these would be the sets *I* make (and not even necessarily what I'd make, just kinda random). You can make your own, in an ideal world *g* Honestly, I'd hate Fascinate to automatically incorporate Dirge, unless the damage very specifically didn't break Fascinate. It should incorporate Enthrall, I dunno about IG though. That's more something that would attach to IC, IMHO.

Undoubtedly, but it bugged my virt bard no end when I realized the Fatesinger stuff that added to Fascinate didn't add to Enthrall... because now one of her unique abilities wasn't as good as the generic version. And that was when it was just Music of the Spider Queen (which I didn't bother taking) and Masked Ball. All these other new abilities added to Fascinate now, though... I don't even bother hotbarring Enthrall.

Yeah, that'd be nice. Even if it was just something you toggled that increased the number of songs it cost (similar to metamagic feats). People might actually stick around for one mega-buff song... two if you figure that Inspire Excellence would almost certainly be its own song (which would be fine with me...)