Community Member

Default Kensai Deadly Shot bugged?

I just got my 5th tier on the Kensai tree. I got the Deadly Shot ability, and it shows on my action bar, but when I click on it it says I may be in the wrong stance (I have no stances active besides power attack and some monk stuff), not have enough resources (I suppose this relates to not having boosts, but I have them) or wrong weapon type.

What is happening? Are you, by any chance, only able to get deadly strike melee or ranged according to your chosen focus weapon type? My focus is heavy blades (but I wanted the Deadly Shot).

I did take the previous ability as a ranged one as well (the pre req one).

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir_Lorengard View Post
    I just got my 5th tier on the Kensai tree. I got the Deadly Shot ability, and it shows on my action bar, but when I click on it it says I may be in the wrong stance (I have no stances active besides power attack and some monk stuff), not have enough resources (I suppose this relates to not having boosts, but I have them) or wrong weapon type.

What is happening? Are you, by any chance, only able to get deadly strike melee or ranged according to your chosen focus weapon type? My focus is heavy blades (but I wanted the Deadly Shot).

I did take the previous ability as a ranged one as well (the pre req one).

Any ideas?
    I am Heavy blade focused as well and I tried to grab deadly shot ranged (just to test) I got the same message

I swapped my focus to Heavy repeaters and deadly shot. I did not get a message this time and the repeater fire animation went off but, nothing happened at all.

my guess would be that in order for it to work correctly you would likely need the full enhancement line and all the feats.

*IMO deadly strike and deadly shot are a waste of an action boost anyways since the boost is shared with haste.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I am Heavy blade focused as well and I tried to grab deadly shot ranged (just to test) I got the same message

I swapped my focus to Heavy repeaters and deadly shot. I did not get a message this time and the repeater fire animation went off but, nothing happened at all.

my guess would be that in order for it to work correctly you would likely need the full enhancement line and all the feats.

*IMO deadly strike and deadly shot are a waste of an action boost anyways since the boost is shared with haste.
    Thanks for testing it out. And I agree it is mostly wasted, but I could maybe get the odd use out of it while using manyshot. Frankly I only got it because I needed One With The Blade.